green glide whistle

eziway

Name
will moase
After cleaning for many years without a glide, I installed a slotted green glide on a prochem quad. I have a problem with a high pitched whistle when the wand is lifted off the carpet or when you lay the wand down to move something. I have sealed around the edges with goop and it did not help. Any suggestions .....I like the how easy to push the wand with the glide on but the whistle is very loud . Would a hybrid or holed glide be less noisy ? Any help would be appreciated......If you cover the middle slot the whistle sound is greatly reduced or if you idle the truckmount down to reduce the vacuum.

Bob Foster

Pull the glide off as you might have something lodged in the wand slot opening. Most likely a minature chihuahua or a tea-cup poodle.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Normally it is not required to Goop the ends unless the wand is very worn. That will actually make the whistle worse.

As the glide wears, the whistle may come and go, it has more to do with harmonics than anything. As was mentioned above look for debris caught in the wand, glide or between the glide and wand lips.

Take care,
Lisa

eziway

Name
will moase
The whistle is same with or without goop in the ends......there is nothing that seems to be caught anywhere. Is the harmonics different is the slotted versus holed or hybrid?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I like to not goop my glide so it can be take off for easier cleaning.

Luckily the one I have now fits good without an exacto knife modification or goop.

Does anybody still sell glides?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I like the sound of a check being ripped from the custys checkbook......

My glides whistle when lint or some crap is stuck in one of the openings or in the wand itself.

gavin

just the right amount of airflow to make it really sound good. best of luck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom