Greenhorn stair tool

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I have had the gh for two days and I am thrilled to clean stairs again. Absolutely no more bending over to do stairs, you stand straight up. Greenie this is your 2nd best invention yet. Risers and treads are a breeze now. My back thanks you alot.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
409 to the door. Because the gh is straight handle and you are standing up, it is very easy to clean the nose. The riser are a breeze with the design. 2 inch tube and a hybrid glide

TimP

I think I'll have to wait till I get a bunch of stairs to do before I buy! I think I've done 2 stair cases in the past 6 months. I guess my pmf with glide will have to suffice for a while....

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Unfortunately, I don't have one of Greenies stair tools, although my one does look similar.

I pre-spray the stairs first, then, starting at the bottom, I clean the risers from bottom to top.

When I'm at the top, I come back down doing the treads.

I usually do about 4 - 5 treads on the left side first, then change hands and do the right side.

I do it like this as I work my way down.

It is easier for a fat man to do it this way instead of contorting ones body to do the full length. :lol:

Ooroo :wink:

LeeCory

Greenie? what the heck? It does not look like it has a swivel head... :(

What good is a stair tool without a swivel head?

Fred Homan

I just got mine today.....Can't wait to try it out tomorrow....Got 8 stairwells to do with TM and some hallways to do with the Cimex and the CX-20....I'll let you know how I like my new stair tool.... $399.00 plus shipping. I believe it is worth it. Thanks Greenie and Lisa....You are the greatest.

Greenie

The Magician said:
What jets are in it??

Magician, it's your custom built to order, so what jets you want baby!
a SS 110 03 is the min. I put in there currently, they have checkvalves as well as a Feather Touch valve, in line filter, SS Qd, notice the insulating wrap, no need for a forward handle to get in the way, ideal for under beds too.

Lee, If you had a proper stair tool you wouldn't need a swivel....lol Seriously this layout makes a swivel unneeded, it's really nice on risers.

It's a combination of the old HM UT-40 and the PMF tool.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Greenie said:
The Magician said:
What jets are in it??

Magician, it's your custom built to order, so what jets you want baby!
a SS 110 03 is the min. I put in there currently, they have checkvalves as well as a Feather Touch valve, in line filter, SS Qd, notice the insulating wrap, no need for a forward handle to get in the way, ideal for under beds too.

Lee, If you had a proper stair tool you wouldn't need a swivel....lol Seriously this layout makes a swivel unneeded, it's really nice on risers.

It's a combination of the old HM UT-40 and the PMF tool.

I love my swivel headed stair tool. I would have to use it to be convinced.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
got a picture of this I was just about to buy a new one today but got side tracked.......show me what you got

Greenie

Click the link above, someone will win one!

Vincent, I understand, some guys really liked their aw29 wands too.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Greenie said:
Click the link above, someone will win one!

Vincent, I understand, some guys really liked their aw29 wands too.

It seemed it was always a pita turning the wand around to do the risers. I do steps everyday. Got tired of the damn suction hose coming off, being in a old tight stairway. The swivel head took care of these problems.

Don't get me wrong, you have assembled a fine piece of equipment.

Greenie

We've had request for larger than this 10" head, so I will do a 14" some time down the road for those who really want to hack out those steps Ken Raddon style.

T

The Magician

Greenie thanks for the info. A combination of Hm and pmf tool with Greenie add ons. The tool has to be the best. A # 6 on a stair tool is great.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
* 500 PSI, V2P Brass Valve
* Padded assist handle
* Head swivels easily and stays in rotated position
* 1 jet brass Vee jet
* Perfect height for cleaning stairs
* Available in closed spray also

when shopping for a tool what do they mean by closed spray ????
and they charge you about $50 more for it

closed spray.. VS.... ????

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Closed spray is when the jet shoots down on the inside of the head. Like some UPH tools.......I think.

Greenie

closed spray on a PMF tool means there is a sheet metal shroud fully or partially enclosing the jet area. I don't personally like it, as I like to see a little more of the work, same reason the GreenHorn wand isn't closed....you don't really need it if the jets are close to the carpet in the first place.

I should call it the GH 5lb stair tool as it weighs 5.1 lbs, it's one of those misleading tools that you think should weigh more, but you pick it up and are pleasantly surprised.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
can we get a bend in it???

you know for some of those commercial accounts that have deep treads and a low rise???

you know like at a theater..

Fred Homan

I used my Greenhorn stair wand today....I LIKE IT A LOT!!! Thanks Lisa!!!!
Everyone needs to get one of these. I am not a shill..... :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom