greenhorn users.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I ust bought a 12inch green horn from olson I believe with a hybrid glide. I think he said it was jetted to 8 flow. I have a 33 blower , what do you guys run pressure and flow on your greenhorns and what do you think I should run mine at?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I would run about 350 give or take and then adjust flow and pressure from there given your machine. 8 is the standard flow for 12" GH's.

Take care,
Lisa

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I think his has a shear kit Lisa.

My advice with psi is to always test on some lose pieces of ruminant to see at what point you start to inject water into the backing.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
That is the ideal way to go, but it will be different with each carpet based on the density of pile, height of pile, wear, and type of fiber.

Take care,
Lisa

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Test,
start at 350, if you like it, stay
if not, boost it to 400
I'm running 03's on my 5jet Greenhorn, usually running about 500 with a 47 Roots.
I like the flush and I've enough vac to pick it up
Are you running 2" hose all the way or do you have 2.5" hose? That will make a difference.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Ron Werner said:
Test,
if not, boost it to 400
I'm running 03's on my 5jet Greenhorn, usually running about 500 with a 47 Roots.
Are you running 2" hose all the way or do you have 2.5" hose? That will make a difference.
Just 2 inch hose.

John Watson

I have a 12in GH and set the pres relese at 800 sucking back with a #4 that is 23 yrs old. have 2 hr dr time on our homes carpet no airmovers used rainin lightly started at 5pm, no moisture transfer or felt 7:30-8.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
It will depend on your technique too. Your flow to blower ratio seems right. Now just play with your psi and don't be afraid to change it up and/or down for different carpet types.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
juniorc82 said:
Ron Werner said:
Test,
if not, boost it to 400
Just 2 inch hose.

you've got the smaller tool, all that air has to get through those small holes
I wouldn't be afraid to run 4-500 with nice easy passes.

You'll know best once you try it a few times, you'll get a feel for it, you'll hear and see exactly how its performing.

You'll have to learn the angle to hold it so the holes are on the floor, just put it on a vinyl floor, you'll hear where you're getting best performance.
Let us know what you discover.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
With the 12" GH I am running 450psi on a 47 with 2 1/2" hose and pulling 18 HG at the machine. Super dry times :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom