GREENHORN WAND EVALUATION....TROIS

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
CRITICAL KNOWLEDGE LEARNED TODAY!

It SEEMS as if the GH is using over TWICE the chems that i was using...it SEEMS as though running the emulsifier thru the wand...is NOT a good idea......!

WHAT NOW?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I think the day has come my friend.. Its time to learn about Prespray.. And I even bet you could use your secret sauce as a prespray... Why not apply the secret sauce first and then try rinsing with Dihydrogen Monoxide. Or if you must run an emulsifier to make youself feel good at night, run it at an uber low dilution.

Or get your cool shades and gallon of Grandslam FREE from Jon Don.. what coud it hurt?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ummmm, maybe that's cause of the increased FLOW of the jetting, ya think?

what was jet flow rate on your SG wand?

what's the flow rate on the GH wand??

you're using more water, there for more soap too...waddya think?

..L.T.A.

TimP

Bawb was running 4 flow but it probably was really 6 after years of wear cause he don't hardly ever change the jets....

Greenhorn standard flow is 10....he should lower the psi to 500 to slow the water consumption and or lower the jet sizes.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I glad that TimP Karnack......can tell what i was running but it WAS two 02's which made a 04 flow and since they're SS jets an' don wear TO much...it was a FOUR.....

it sucked my emulsifier jug down quicker than a errrrrr......nevermind....you know!

Bob Foster

Is it much of a leap of trust and logic that the rest of us guys are pre-spraying and have done so for years?

It took you how many years to go to a glide and good wand. Why not try it out? All you got to gain is happy customers, cleaner carpets and an easier day...

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
But is the carpet clean is the carpet still wet do you need a fan. :eek: Use less soap i would like to know if you sucked out more water and dirt then your old wand or now do you need a bigger TM and will that wand do the stairs.

Rex Tyus

bob vawter said:
CRITICAL KNOWLEDGE LEARNED TODAY!

It SEEMS as if the GH is using over TWICE the chems that i was using...it SEEMS as though running the emulsifier thru the wand...is NOT a good idea......!

WHAT NOW?

1st of all, make sure your chem draw is set correctly and it wasn't accidently altered.

2nd with the increased flow and glide you should be able to move your wand at a faster pace. I never noticed a significant chem usage increase when I went to the Greenhorns. No one else that I have noticed has posted this problem. Not saying it hasn't happened to you... just suggesting you double check some other things and don't jump to conclusions. It could be a coincidence, or your wand technique could suck and you really are doubling your chem usage.

TimP

I actually thought with the chem meter that was gallons per hour.....and not a dilution rate. When you are running a greenhorn the time doesn't change the but water consumption goes up so therefore you are pulling more water and the same chemical amount in a given time that you are keying the wand so in effect you are lowering the actual chemical use or the stregth of the chemical is lower.

The reason he probably is using more is because the flow rate is up and the chemical rate is up because it wasn't adjusted to the wand.

Bob may need to readjust the chemical meter to his new wand. The chem meter or whatever you want to call it is one of the things on trucks that could use an upgrade. I'd like to be able to set it and the machine would adjust according to flow rate changes like from upholstery to carpet wand flow rates, and stair tool rates. In the form of a dilution ratio and not in GPH. So that the chemical was metered the same with all tools.

G

I am sure that bob with 40 years of experience will get it figured out guys; give him time to adjust his depends; my money is on bob.

TimP

Bob I'm not betting for or against you.

All I'm doing is trying to help....and brainstorm some.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
My water and chem consumption went way up when I went from my little girl wand to the monster Evo. But I was done twice as fast in each job.

The wand is working harder so you don't have to....

Just like the scrubbin bubbles commercial.

I know you remember that one bob.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
bob vawter said:
no shit sherlock.....!

you've probably punched a divot in the meter ball, and peened the pin in the top of your Dwyer flow meter from all the POUNDING it's taking as it ROCKETS up every time Gone keys the new wand...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

...L.T.A.

Greenie

Is Crash any faster?
Is the carpet any drier?
Does Crash have as much energy on the last job, as the first?
Like a HydroSoaker would break the bank, even a BS 60 sec. per room mist of prespray will make the job clean faster, do it for the kid Bawb, buy him an inline sprayer, then turn your truck mix down to 2 gph.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ordinarily I'd agree with ya'll about pre-spray

but you know what Bob is gonna give that kid to pre-spray with don't you?

that 1300 juice that tethered Bob to an 02 bottle....

..L.T.A.

Greenie

well then, put a white pressure washing tip on the lance so he doesn't aerate the poison.

Farenheit251

Tim P, I'm speculating that the GPH is gallons per hour using a specified jetting at a specific pressure. Kind of like an 02 jet flowing 2 gallons per minute at 4000 psi(?). I'm thinking the chem draw to be directly dependent on the flow as I didn't see any timiers on mine.

TimP

Brian, I don't think so. If you don't notice the little thing in the meter moves up as flow increases. If you increase the flow of your solution line the gph meter increases. It changes from tool to tool. It's only set specifically to the tool you are flowing when you set it. I can set it to 3 gph on my greenhorn and then open it up with a male qc and it will be at 5-6 gph. I can set it at 3 gph on my greenhorn and hook a drimaster upholstery tool and it will drop to 2.....

What it means is the tool you set it to will remove x gallons per hour from your mix jug.

Farenheit251

I think you are right. So to keep the dilution the same I need to run higher with bigger jets to get the same concentration?

Greenie

So....no inline sprayer for Crash?

Don't make me have to send Ken Snow over to show him a secret or two, What if the sprayer was his OWN tool, ain't like you are draggin' the O2 bottle out, he works on his own most days right? Problem solved.

Next will be an Elec. hose reel, and a spotting kit.

Crash will never be the same.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
bob, I hope someone was kidding about you not prespraying??? anyways why are you running emulsifier in your rinse?? its not needed, soft water only, or on a pet job, an acidic rinse or something that smells good, to run as a rinse. as a mikeysboard regular you have no excuses for being behind the times, just now getting rid of that steam genie wand is making you look close minded.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom