GREENHORN WAND EVALUATION

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OK...today the GH got taken for it's FIRST spin.......

I met up wit CRASH at the second job...a sweet little old black lady that we been cleanin' for years......

WHITE BERBER!!!
Always cleans well!

After re-plumbing the wand correctly with the female ON IT........i show up!

Little Mrs Black Lady is sitting on the porch and see me git out wit the new shinny wand......and goes OH_EEEEEE is this gonna cost EXTRA????

After assuring her that this was in fact jus a test run of something new.....she agreed!

By THAT time i had the whole family standing around waiting to see what this new fangled thingy wit the WHITE THING will do.......

I was even getting a little excited...mysef!

I plug it in and off we go....did i mention that this thing is HEAVY and feels of QUALITY thru an' thu........

FIRST THING i notice is the ease of pushing...it DOES push at LOT easier than my SG wand........HOWEVER there is NO aggitation...or at least not much! I am a firm believer of aggitation......
The second thing i noticed was the weight of this behemoth...i bet cha it weighs TWICE what my Genie wand weighs!
OK..i TRY to push it (one armed) and i CAN'T! at least not wit any control...so my left arm goes back to the handle and we're back under control....did i mention that it's...HEAVY!
I feel that in order for a FAIR analysis...that this wand needs to be used on various type of carpets....like i would LOVE to try it on a LARGE room wit glue down...i believe it would...ROCK!!!
I'm SURE that it would rock The HomeLess Shelter WORLD!

So far Lisa..

on the GH scale of wands...the wand gets an EIGHT from me....cuz i KNOW it would last a lifetime AND it DID clean the Berber!

STAY TUNED.....

did i mention that it's ....HEAVY?

John Watson

Heavy aye, My Helen can swing our GH with ease and she is pushin s____. What you a wimp?? Your SG wand might be lighter in weight, but it don't flo or suc like no GH.

Granted, Helen uses 2 hands for control, I can do the one armed shuffel all day long..

It is so much sweeter than the PCQJ I used to dance with.

I rated ours a 9 out of 10 so all in all we is still pretty close

You just has to be older and uglier...

TimP

Bob are you going glided or not?

Also it's heavy cause you're probably used to a 1.5" wand

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
TimP said:
Bob are you going glided or not?

Also it's heavy cause you're probably used to a 1.5" wand

i sED white thingy...catch up.......and i have NEVER even owned a 1.5 inch wand.

geeeeeeez!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Bob Foster said:
bAwB, move the handle up the shaft and tip it to the left.

In my world that is known as a sidewinder wand and i do it all the time

Bob...you forgot who yous was talkin' to......didn't ya?

TimP

It's hard to get everything from your language. Bobese is not for all to understand at the first reading.

Hard to believe it would be harder to push or control with a glide. I can barely push my greenhorn forward without a glide on it. With the glide two fingers is all it takes for me. But I suspect greenie shipped you a slot glide instead of a hole glide like mine (easier push but you have to vacuum).

Are you using the 12" or 14" greenhorn bob and is the standard .10 flow jetting on it or did greenie lower it for you?

Bob Foster

nah, it's still a new tool to you. You will get over the agitation bit. Turn up the psi to 500.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Bob Foster said:
nah, it's still a new tool to you. You will get over the agitation bit. Turn up the psi to 500.

Bob...you is funnier than a car full of circus clowns........

i run at 650 psi!

Bob Foster

With that psi you won`t feel the need to have the agitation in many of the circumstances once you see the results. It also may mean the you in some cases will run some form of mechanical agitation. For a cheap one, go t a 175 or if you want something lighter, but not as good, a Sebo.

baWb, I know you have forgotten more than many of us know, but some of us have been working with glides and greenhorn`s a lot.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
DAMN BOB...how many clowns can ya get IN there?

Seriously...we got another job tomorrow that's a thick plush.......we'll gives it another go.......

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Not a very good evaluation to report on.

Find out if it will pick up needles and gerri curls very well.

Did you get the wand for free if you report a good test?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Walrus said:
Not a very good evaluation to report on.

Find out if it will pick up needles and gerri curls very well.

Did you get the wand for free if you report a good test?

Yes Jimney....you are right!

Tomorrow, will tell the tale!

And NO...i don get the wand for free....i WISH!

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
wimp.....................an ol woman could move a gh around......you need to start eating your corn flakes in the morning

Mr.V

is the GH really that heavy???

I'm using a PC quad right now,,,,,,how does it compare in weight??

curious cuz I have a GH wand on the way

Name
Nate W.
Mr.V said:
is the GH really that heavy???

I'm using a PC quad right now,,,,,,how does it compare in weight??

curious cuz I have a GH wand on the way

Supposedly posted 9pds for the PC TI and 10pds for the GH.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Any substantial wand is going to feel heavy after using a lighter wand for eternity. Did someone suggest Bob get a 175? Now that's funny. I'm with you Bob, I need to be able to scrub. I clean dirty carpet and I don't pre-aggetate. Altough I did just get a 175 and will try it on nasties. I've had a GGlide for 1.5 years now and I've tried it a few times and I Don't Like It. Also other very experienced cleaners around here have tried it and they didn't like it at all.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
I have only used the GH a few times but the 1 thing I have noticed is you just cant get real close to the curved baseboards with it.

Nothing bad to the wand but in rentals there is no quick vacuum then start extracting. We are spending alot longer vacuuming when going to use the GH as the hole glide dont pick up much hair or anything setting on top the carpet.

I think the GH will be used more on customer homes and not so much on rentals as we like to get in and get out of them. Its also the first wand with a glide I have purchased so I am sure it will take some getting use too.

The dry to touch times are just awsome and the other wands we have can not even compare to it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If you have a good amount of debris on the carpet just get the Hybrid glide...picks up like a slotted but is smooth to use like a holed.

Plust the dry times are better than a slotted.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I had never used a glided wand but I got an Evolution with the slot glide which I liked. Then I got a hybrid glide for it from GG. It took some getting used to but I would never go back. I really like that wand now.

Greenie

Like all GG products, the GH wand is fully guaranteed, you can exchange a hole for a hybrid, it's a close second for dry times.

And one tip for edging, wet it out! Lift the wand and hose down your filtration lines, then when you extract head on, "dip" the wand and pause for a second and listen to it sluuuurp out the soil, it's gotta be wet, don't fear the water, it's just a little technique change.

As for Kevin, it's a common comment from Stanley wand users, I think it's just the wand, same reason you don't see every Steemer in the nation using glides....You don't get that much "agitation" from a naked wand, it's from the vacuum, remove the vac hose and push the wand by it's self...doesn't agitate....g'head and give that rotary a go, you will never go back to Bawb Vawter style cleaning again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom