Greenie, how can I increase my water volume for two wands...

with 03's across the board. Seems to drop water volume when using both wands. The WM has a 5-cp pump so volume should be better but it is not. Any recommendations?
Rob.

Greenie

Well...if your White Tragic is anything like mine, you have a single 1/4" line running off the high pressure side of the pump, how much flow you want from a single 1/4" line?

Add insult to injury, for some reason they chose the 2120W version of the 5CP, it can only be turned at MAX 900 rpms to produce 4 gpm.

I would think using the 2140W model would have been better as it could be turned at 1725 rpms for that same 4 gpm, or even the 2150W at a full 5gpm, and in the current configuration at least you could change the pulley and make it them turn faster than the 900 rpms.

I would re-plumb the line with 3/8" for sure as a general rule, how you are supposed to get 4 gpm through a 1/4" line I'll never know?

Greenie said:
Well...if your White Tragic is anything like mine, you have a single 1/4" line running off the high pressure side of the pump, how much flow you want from a single 1/4" line?

Add insult to injury, for some reason they chose the 2120W version of the 5CP, it can only be turned at MAX 900 rpms to produce 4 gpm.

I would think using the 2140W model would have been better as it could be turned at 1725 rpms for that same 4 gpm, or even the 2150W at a full 5gpm, and in the current configuration at least you could change the pulley and make it them turn faster than the 900 rpms.

I would re-plumb the line with 3/8" for sure as a general rule, how you are supposed to get 4 gpm through a 1/4" line I'll never know?

Thank you sir!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Increasing Water Flow

White-Who?;

You need to turn the pump faster for more GPM.

As long as you are not at maximum pressure, you can turn it faster than 900 RPM.

You can speed up the engine, or install a larger sheave.

Larry Cobb

Greenie

Larry, correct me if I am wrong, but cat pumps says that model has a MAX rpm of 900, I assume it's because the cam is different, so turning it fast could present a warranty problem.

I think the heart of his problem is the single 1/4" line, if he ran a 3/8" line and ran the pump at capacity he would get 4 gpm, a reasonable amount to power his two wands at their current flow rates.

I didn't do the math yet, but I'm pretty sure the pump is not turning at capacity on the WM 1900 sitting on my shop floor when the engine is running at 2200 rpms, so I assume his isn't either.

Ya know the funny thing is, it would be easy to run a 5CP at 5 gpm with full sized plumbing, so why not design these things smartly?

Larry, on a side note, we already make a real nice black anodized bracket for the 12" CMP, it would show real well, it's not expensive.

TimP

I would think that possibly the inlet like the city water or a water tank might be causing the restriction. I don't know how often you can find 4 or 5 gpm flow from a tank/hose. Correct me if I'm wrong however.

Name
Lee Stockwell
You can use BOTH high pressure outlets from the pump. Usually one side is plugged, depending on the orientation of the pump.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Greenie;

Since when, do you pay any attention to MAX ratings from manufacturers.

The pump manufacturers are mainly concerned with HP applied thru the pump.

If you are operating at lower pressures, than you can operate at a slightly higher GPM.

Larry Cobb

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom