Greenie or Greenhorn guru... Question needs answered TONIGHT

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I need to replace my jets for a cleaning job tonight. I had 4 11002's

My Disty only had 2 11002's and 2 11003's....

How should I put those in? The 3's on the outside or inside?

Or should I just try to salvage my best two jets and run all 11002's?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Hmm... I just got off the phone with greenie and he told me to put the 03's in the middle....

BTW, green glides customer support rocks.

John Watson

are they SS or Brass?

Why are you changing them???

just change the worst of your 2 till you can replace the other 2 Keep them all the same or like Ronny said You will be streaky...

TimP

I remember when he got his greenhorn....I wouldn't think he needs to change them. But then again I don't know how much cleaning he's done. My next set of jets will be 03's.....

Greenie

For whatever reason is current 02s are streaking pretty bad, bad enough I don't think there are two good ones to salvage, I wouldn't normally recommend mixed jetting, but after doing some brief testing I noticed the 03s in the middle didn't affect spray pattern as much as you might think on the 12" wand, so I said put em in the middle, get er done, and replace when time permits.

TimP

Did he try cleaning the jets and filter out? I'm sure he has if he's going to replace.....I guess he's just ran enough water through to wear em out?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
It took me 3 hours to clean a nasty Nylon Berber because I was leaving 2 inch dirt strips through the traffic areas. I finally figured out a creative overlap pattern... But it was seriously like night and day. All through the carpet there were brown and white stripes. At first I thought I had something plugged, took my glide off, fished the hairball out but it didn't make any difference.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
B&BGaryC said:
I was leaving 2 inch dirt strips through the traffic areas.

that sounds like "fouled" jet, not a worn one.

forgive me for asking the obvious, Gary, but you did trigger the wand and look at the jet spray pattern, right?

a worn jet generally leaves a "cleaner" spot on loop piles/berbers and a pile distortion on some cut piles

..L.T.A.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Straight out cleaning, put the 03's in the middle.

If you run into a job with filtration soiling move the 03's to each end for more flushing power.

Then order 2 new jets of your choice.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
meAt said:
B&BGaryC said:
I was leaving 2 inch dirt strips through the traffic areas.

that sounds like "fouled" jet, not a worn one.

forgive me for asking the obvious, Gary, but you did trigger the wand and look at the jet spray pattern, right?

a worn jet generally leaves a "cleaner" spot on loop piles/berbers and a pile distortion on some cut piles

..L.T.A.

I guess I have only really used brass before, and whenever a brass gets fouled I end up ruining it trying to unplug it....

Plus I wanted to jet up to twelve flow... Micah kinda talked me out of it, so I tried to get the 02's... Went all 03's today. I only cleaned cut pile nylon today, so I can't really know for sure how my dry times were affected because everything was bone dry when I left.

I figured at least 1 jet was no good, if not two... and if I was wrong, I would have some back-ups like somebody had suggested I carry.

I guess somewhere along the line I got confused as to why I wanted to replace all the jets with new ones and when I got handed a mixed set my brain became flatulent.

Any way you slice it, greenglides has the best customer support. I have never actually asked Jeff a question during business hours, and he has never complained, even though they can be stupid questions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom