Greenie Wins CFM Bet - 14" GG Wand Over 200 CFM

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
What a way to end Friday !!

Just finished some CFM testing with a 14" x 1.75" Cobb wand w/GG hybrid.

The flow was about 225 CFM with the wand spraying 1.6 GPM. I think he tricked me with the "new scallops" he's added around the slots & holes. They definitely increase the airflow!

The flow was under 200 CFM without the GG.

If you make happy hour, you can get at least 1 extra drink on me.
shades.gif

Larry Cobb

Brian L

Name
Brian L
Hey, Fresno rocks. I saw Jethro Tull there in 1975. I don't remember all that much, but I am pretty sure I had a good time.

John Watson

Back in 81-2, I meta bunch of gals that hung out on I street, But that was another life ago.

G

Yep, that is good airflow Larry. The 14" wide wands will definatly outflow the 12" wands when glides are in place. The Hybrid glides flow air very simulair to a slot glide does, which is alot. That is because that is essentually what it is. The holes on it flow almost nothing. The flow would not have been as high if a hole glide was the glide used in the test.

Greenie

WooHoo!

Not bad for a WAG.

Thanks for testing Larry, we need more people asking the tough questions.

I still think the 2" tube will pull ahead, but we'll never know just how much until someone test.

This winter I expect to do a little testing ourselves, got some projects I am interested in checking airflow numbers on.

Did ya get to test any other wands?

Oh, and what unit did you test with, at what RPM, and at what lift setting?

And how much hose was out? Coolcuffs or regular with plastic barbed connectors?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Greenie;

The testing was done with a 31HP Kohler turning a #4MP @ 3000 RPM. Max lift was 16", but I didn't monitor it for the testing.

There was 100' of 2" hose used with 2" flexible plastic cuffs and thin stainless connectors.

I do have a 2" tube x 14" wand to test when I get some more time.

How much airflow do you think the new scallops added to the Hybrid glide ??

Larry

Greenie

I'd like to see the exact same test with only one change, and one benchmark established:

Run a section of 2.5" hose off the unit, and step down to a section of 2" to the wand.

Test the true cfm of the unit at the unit, before starting for a benchmark.

Without testing we can only guess ie: a 350 cfm blower spinning at 83% of rated speed produces 290 cfm. It's just an educated guess.

As for the "scallops" that is just a softening of the edges of the mini-slots, the Hybrid glides come off the CNC pretty sharp, they need to be softened at the edges. I don't think they make much difference on airflow, maybe on commercial they might?

And I disagree with Ken above, I think in real world testing, with pre-sprayed carpet, and running high flow, the hybrids are more like hole glides than slot glides, and due to the nature of the design differences the hybrids and holes will move just as much air as a slot in actual cleaning.

Now flood extraction is a different animal.

G

And I disagree with Ken above, I think in real world testing, with pre-sprayed carpet, and running high flow, the hybrids are more like hole glides than slot glides, and due to the nature of the design differences the hybrids and holes will move just as much air as a slot in actual cleaning.

LOL. I established the results I obtained with real life testing. 47 blower turning 2700 rpms at 14"HG lift.

Greenie

You tested a GreenGlide hybrid on a 14" cmp wand?

I call bullshit again.

Ken, for futuer reference i'm going to have Lisa reply to you, I'm bored already.

And until you've paid resitution to your victims, I'm going to ask Mikey to give you the boot.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"I'm going to ask Mikey to give you the boot."

won't do any good Greenie.

vEEgs is a slut for anyone who strokes his vEgo

He actually thinks klepto Kenny is doing good here.
I told vEEgs he's just here in hopes of hawking his trinkets.
Nothing more

I skip darn near all his posts.
and the one's I do skim through, I don't believe anyway

..L.T.A.

G

"I call bullshit again."

Greenie, what do you really mean? You're the man! :twisted:

G

You tested a GreenGlide hybrid on a 14" cmp wand?

Yes. I have purchased your Hybrid glide for this wand along with many others. I already had the wand.I test many glides besides just mine, yours included.

Greenie

Well, if you have a few wands laying around, Give Steve Kveton his wand back, you know the one you sold for gas money to get home from Connections.

An admitted thief, yet many here vote for you to stay.

Rex Tyus

Has anyone ever checked what volume of air is being sucked through the VAC RELIEF and how it relates to wand size, hose size, head designe etc?
I bet the results would be shocking.

Just curious.

Rex

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom