Greenie's Blue Parker KMA hose

WHo has them and what do you guys think of'em. GIve me some honest feedback....Give me Pro's and Cons. PM me if youre too scared to post in public.

And what is a spring bend restrictor???

Mikey P

Administrator
Best hose available.
Could be better but it's OUR best choice over all.

Gives you a warning before it pops in your face, No black spooge, doesn't leave snail trails in the carpet, saves at least 10º per 100 feet over Eneptune, less hot to the touch and the blue is more supple then the orange stuff.

Buy some today.

As you know, I have a tinee Tiny BUtler hose reel. Wont that make the hose all coily and springy and a PITA to work with?? and will the Coilyness lessen after continuios use??..or no?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I got something like that ... I think from DooDaddy ... a couple of years ago, and it kept coiling around my feet and tripping me up.

Al

We love it so far, no problems at all. We went from 3/8ths good year to parker, so it is a huge difference in weight.

I wish I bought more than I did, I need another 150 feet by Sunday.

AL

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thang
Once it heats up it will fit on hose reel fine, we have a Butler with it on it. It will never be Neptune, but it will also never have the black death!

I hated the spring, made my second order without it. It's alot better than the orange, it will coil some, but you get use to it.

Buy it, use it a couple of weeks. If you don't like it, I'll buy back from you, just don't get the spring on it.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I like it. Cooler to the touch, but it still gets hot enough to leave snail trails.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
I have run for 2 weeks now, don't like the spring because its tooo hot when removing line from wand. To remedy this problem, I took the black collar from my neptune and put it over the spring.

Hasn't relaxed that much yet, but Im sure it will. It does leave lines in the carpet, but not as bad as the neptune, which it makes it easier to remove.

I have 70 feet that I use as the lead line, so that this much stays in the house out of the cold. The remaining 100 ft is neptune.

I will replace the remaining 100 ft this spring with greenie's hose.

All in all, good price, good product, I recommend.

Greenie

Hey guys, keep the feedback coming, we learn everyday.

I want to make one suggestion okay maybe two, this isn't critical, but to avoid having to slip a black vinyl bend restrictor over the spring, as this will retain heat in the hose instead of letting it breath like it was intended, try this:

The only part of the spring bend restrictor that really gets hot is the 1" or so that physically touches the metal crimp, unfortunately this is where you generally grab it to hook up or disconnect.

So slip some clear tubing over that small part, this will solve the hot to touch part, the tubing should be 3/4" inside diameter.

I'm going to have my parker guy start doing this as he custom cuts each length to order, I don't do it here, because factory crimps are better than what I could do.

This little detail will solve the problem without adding the problem of why we got away from black vinyl bend restrictors in the first place.

The black holds in the heat, and heat prematurely kills the parflex hose ends, the springs don't actually touch the hose skin, it radiates very well.

The second most common death is excessive bending at the crimp, which is why we went with metal springs standard, and also why I had them made twice as long as the vinyl, to accomplish the task of "bend restriction".

In the end they will help your hose last much longer.

That said, we will gladly use the black ones at your request.

No matter which you choose, you should have or should I say will have the ends cut and re-crimped at some point, so there is light at the end of the tunnel if you prefer one or the other.

G

On one of my TM's I have 200 feet of Parflex that I got from Cobb Carpet over a year ago. On my Boxxer I have 50 feet of the blue KMA hose and for some reason it does have less coiling and "memory".

I'm going to order the blue hose for my bigger TM soon, and rotate the orange older Parflex to the back up truck. None the less, this hose is far superior to the Neptune I was using before.

On another note, I just got 100 feet of Greenie's vac hose, and it is probably 5 times as flexible as what I had. It's so much easier to move, especially around corners and on stairs. If your vac hose is old or is stiff, try it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I forgot to mention that we use 50-footers so our concern with the spring is more about the possibility of it getting caught on things which is really a non-issue if you buy longer lengths.

Spring no spring, Greenie's blue is 10 times better than the orange, buy blue and Black death will be a thing of the past!

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Hey Greenie, does your hose come in 3/8 or 1/4? If not what is a good reason for me to switch to a 1/4 hose? I run a Powermatic at around 230 for temp. and run 3/8 goodyear that came with the machine. Should a guy switch to a smaller hose?? Just wondering. Thanks!!

Greenie

Hey Doug,

My first question is what is your average hose run?

And to answer your question, the blue KMA hose is only in 1/4".

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Doug D said:
Hey Greenie, does your hose come in 3/8 or 1/4? If not what is a good reason for me to switch to a 1/4 hose? I run a Powermatic at around 230 for temp. and run 3/8 goodyear that came with the machine. Should a guy switch to a smaller hose?? Just wondering. Thanks!!

Doug, I'll let Greenie speak for himself.
But will add my 2 penies worth.
I've run a PM for the last 11 years or so.
Been running Parker for 14 1/2 years out of 16+.
I make my own line and install my own fittings, so some of the leaking fitting complaints I've heard, I have no clue about.

When i bought a new PM in '01 it came with 3/8 Ineptune.
I immediately changed the 3/8 QD at the TM and use 1/4 sol line.
(Just like I ran on the retired PM)

Under "normal" hose runs and single wanding, I don't see any reason to use heavier 3/8 line.
Just not needed imHo.

As far as how the Parker holds up, Under a steady diet of 250+ temps ATM, the skin will blister with in a month or so and develop pin sprays the first couple feet of line ATM.

If you regularly run in the 200 to 240 range with occasional 250+ temps as we do, it will last as long or longer than Ineptune.
(though I never used the 3/8 Ineptune that came with my PM, so I don't have any experience with it's longevity)

I DO know I'll never use the black water spewing, instant failure prone, hot, heavy 1/4" Ineptune CRAP again.

Parker will NEVER be as flexible as Ineptune, though it does relax after a month or so.
If you don't have a larger arbor sol reel or hand coil and hang, you may very well hate Parker.

..L.T.A.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Greenie to answer your question, my average usage of hose is 100 feet to 150 feet. Thanks meAt for your input also. I have 3/8 hose with 1/4 quick connects so switching over may not be a bad idea. Had one hose break on me once in an empty apartment and did not like the black stuff that came out. What does a 100 feet of that hose run Greenie. I don't see it on your website :?:

Greenie

Applause for Meat.

Basically on shorter runs (less than 200') single wand you'd have to be a hell of a salesman to convince me the 3/8" delivers that much more heat/flow to a wand to justify the bulk and weight.

I won't even go into the steel braid rubber core negatives of the Ineptune.

Is there some pressure drop on 200 feet with 1/4" from frictional loss...sure there is, but that is what a regulator is for, kick it up a notch if you need to.

Are there places where i would supplement my 200' of 1/4" with some 3/8" ... sure, it would be done in just the same way you would use 2.5" vac hose to support your 2", less loss on looooong runs, or when you need a trunk line to support two wands where you T off.

We just placed an order for another 7000 ft. of blue parflex, and I was able to hustle my parker rep for a few pennies, so we are gonna keep the hose at $1.99 a foot through the winter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom