greenies glides really suck

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
even when they are all used up..
i just received my new one and needed it bad..thanks greenie you are the man.
just wondering how bad the glide was and if i should have replaced it sooner.
it was getting to the point that we had to raise the wand up a little to get good coverage. even with this we were still getting 1-2 hr dry times with pretty much all carpet we clean. when i changed them out i get a bunch of crap from inside the wand head..i think i am going to pull the glide off once a month and clean it out.
the glide had close to 500 hrs on it..both commercial and residential.
Dave

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

Name
steve snail
Good photos!

have had that same question myself. Almost afraid to look at it tomorrow morning and compare to the new one in your photo.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
that glide is just starting to get broke in, my original is much more worn that that, Its well less than 1/4" thick on the bottom, its been 2.5 yrs, extracted mud, and water from concrete, even on construction sites where there were nails and rocks etc, I put my glide through hell with no regard, and its still holding up, numerous water damage jobs etc, I think the glide is worth it to save the metal on my wand if for no other reason.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i was wondering how much life it had in it..i am keeping it for a backup just in case something happens to the new one sometime..
the old one was doing great except that we noticed that we had to lift the wand a little unless that was just in our head..
greenie what do ya think??
dave

TimP

I think the glide Rex uses is more worn than that. When I saw it I was like damn. Cause my glides are all near new, just scratches mostly on the outside from tack strip.

Greenie

Good pics Dave.
That particular glide has a side "step up" so it's a little misleading on thickness compared to a Prochem glide and many others, but it's definitely flat. There is enough material to sand the "corners" and bring back some of the radius, but it's likely still gonna have a small flat spot.

In general hitting the "corners" with some 80 grit and a block of wood every couple of months will maximize usable glide life, keeping them round is a good thing, and the boys won't have to hike the wand etc...to get a uniform seal.

I will say i think the 2.5" hose puts more wear on the glides....Is that a good thing?

G

Ya know, ken harris coulda made you one much cheaper, I hear that he is gonna make one kinda like the Evolution.

A THREE inch stainless steel tube with an entirely TEFLON head. That's right, the entire head is teflon.

All this for FORTY NINE DOLLARS. Make your orders NOW. Supplies are limited.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Hey Chris, shouldn't that read...

Chris Connor said:
Ya know, ken harris coulda made you one much cheaper, I hear that he is gonna make one kinda like the Evolution.

A THREE inch stainless steel tube with an entirely TEFLON head. That's right, the entire head is teflon.

All this for FORTY NINE DOLLARS. Make your orders NOW. Supplies are endless, deliveries are limited.

FastEddie

I like when the glide gets those nics & notches in it for increase airflow, but when it flattens out like yours, a replacement was a indeed a good call.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
when it is flat like in the pic you need to be at a angle to make it flat on the carpet..when it is round it is much more forgiving with the angle of the wand..hope that made sense...
dave

lance

The flat spot was created by rubbing it on the carpet during cleaning. If the holes are within the flat spot then the wand should have full suction contact area on the carpet.

I think that the worn glide tells you how the wand "fits" you. Compare where the holes/slots are within the flat area. You will then be able to see if the wand is too short, tall, or just right.

A round glide does fit a number of different operators, but the flatter it gets the less flexible it becomes. After 500 hrs. I would want a wand that is just perfect for me and gives me the best performance possible.

I'm just a little OCD about things like that.

Dolly

I love my glides. I have one that flattened and I still use it and I have
two new ones. Would not think about carpet cleaning with a wand with out one. flat of round.

hogjowl

Idiot™
With my 2 inch Greenie wand with glide, I can clean all day and not get back strain.

With my pos Castex wand, I can clean all day and get more money per hour.

It's a tough choice.

Back
Top Bottom