Greg Cole was correct, Olefin Barber should be VLMd

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Everyone, especially in god’s country, should definitely stick with the superior HWE for residential cleaning.

My customers are so unhappy that I’m probably switching back to all HWE.
It's hard not to do it residentially but for those who live in very cold climates, it's probably a good option in the winter.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
It's hard not to do it residentially but for those who live in very cold climates, it's probably a good option in the winter.
I was kidding.

I don’t want others to do it because my customers love it and I’m getting more referrals than ever.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
VLM pro

PXL_20230518_233449338.jpg

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
4th time at this house

Single 81yo spitfire.

No petsView attachment 122487View attachment 122488
After seeing this post and took way too much time going back through OLD! ICS mags looking for the article by Bob Whitcamp on cleaning Berbers. !! Wanted to share the wisdom here. Because , as we all know it is Rocket surgery!! LOL! :winky: :winky:
Found it, but lo and behold I had torn the article out , planning on using it for reference.
This, because of the recent reference here, to Bob Whitcamp .

And, most of those rags had companion articles by someone named Pemberton. !

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
And, most of those rags had companion articles by someone named Pemberton. !

My father (Lee) enjoyed writing for ICS in those days.

It was funny that he wrote for them, and I wrote for Cleanfax. The editor of ICS really didn't like me because of that, and then when I made friends with Mike, he liked me even less.

The other "memory lane" this thread brings back is the "Shampoo vs Steam" debates through the 70s.

The guys on each side not only debated the technology, but also the intelligence, ethics, and even the morality of the "other side".

History continues to repeat itself....

Rick J

Name
rick Jones

It was funny that he wrote for them, and I wrote for Cleanfax. The editor of ICS really didn't like me because of that, and then when I made friends with Mike, he liked me even less.

The other "memory lane" this thread brings back is the "Shampoo vs Steam" debates through the 70s.

The guys on each side not only debated the technology, but also the intelligence, ethics, and even the morality of the "other side".

Downey!!! Lives, and I think, still cleans east of here Granville ,Oh
His dad's operation still going as well I think.

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
John is one of the most ethically centered men I have ever worked with.
OH, come on man!! He cleans, or at least used to with THE STEAMON DEAMON, you call that ethical? :winky: :winky:😜😜

those really do a nice job . a tool just like any other, in the right place .
they marketed them years ago to apt communities, so they could do their cleans in house.
If used properly they did a decent job. Used properly was the key though.
often I went behind them for repairs etc. And, if they had floods. the maint would often start, and get what they could with the SD, and have me in doing details and finish. using my Butler, and a claw , in the areas they had done, I usually did not get much more out.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Evan Kessler hated everyone. A long time ago I did a little thing about (rhymes with Rick Bellows), next thin
g I knew, Evan was on the phone roaring at me and threatening silly things. Lee Stockwell might remember that.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

Yep, I was a shampooer, til I got saved.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I've been promoting low moisture for olefin Berber for over 30 years. Bob Wittkamp was too.

I was once touring Shaw's factory, and was chiding Carey Mitchel (Shaw Industries) about olefin. I said 6.6 nylon was the best nylon ever produced for carpet. He agreed. I then quipped "and then there's 666, olefin". He wasn't so amused and replied "we manufacture more olefin than any other company". :lol:

Olefin = the devil's fiber!

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I've been promoting low moisture for olefin Berber for over 30 years. Bob Wittkamp was too.

I was once touring Shaw's factory, and was chiding Carey Mitchel (Shaw Industries) about olefin. I said 6.6 nylon was the best nylon ever produced for carpet. He agreed. I then quipped "and then there's 666, olefin". He wasn't so amused and replied "we manufacture more olefin than any other company". :lol:

Olefin = the devil's fiber!
Carey didn’t have a sense of humor regarding such things.

I will using your analogy though, and will give you credit of course Rick!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom