groupon.com

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I sold 100 jobs in one day....made some money.
Got my first check right away, second and third right on time.

The best part is the people calling you about the groupon who don't buy the groupon...you give them the same price but you don't pay Groupon their cut.
I was set to make only $10.00 off each job (after their cut and expenses) sold BUT the upsales where through the roof, the calls from the deal that didn't buy a deal were through the roof.
AND because everyone was checking out my website, my search engine ratings went through the roof.

Really worked out for me.
My next deal should start in a few days.

This is how I jump started Dallas.

This is a way better deal for an O/O
You don't have to pay anyone out of your cut of the deal.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
looks like you've sold 10 already Ron...I'm curious to see how many by the end of the day.
Good luck Bro.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Because of the time difference of CA and TX...I woke up to 35 voicemails the morning mine hit...I about shit my pants.
spent two days straight with me and my brother returning calls and booking jobs...it was in Nov and I just did a groupon job from it yesterday...I still have about 10 or so more than haven't booked yet. It expires in May but it looks like most or all will be used.

I can't stress enough that I got other calls because of Groupon.
We sold actually 98 Groupon but we did about 120 or so jobs from it...that we know of.
The jobs created by Groupon is hard to measure..even with Service Monster.
It just seemed like the jobs starting coming in from my website after Groupon settled down and I noticed better placement on Google.

Point is, even though you have to give a cut right off the top, you gain a customer, you get other customers etc etc etc.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Oops...I read it wrong Ron.
Looks like just one bought for now...it's still early.
Sorry about that.

bonesheal

Fascinating--but would it work for a one-truck operation? I'd worry about the customer load, and if I got stuck with 100 or more jobs at a low rate it could keep me from doing profitable work.

I see Ron's coupon; Brian, are you willing to share yours?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
bonesheal said:
Fascinating--but would it work for a one-truck operation? I'd worry about the customer load, and if I got stuck with 100 or more jobs at a low rate it could keep me from doing profitable work.

I see Ron's coupon; Brian, are you willing to share yours?

Mine was 3 rooms for $79.00..up to 150 square feet per room...$200.00 value or so.

The customer demo is really good because they get most of their customers from Facebook so the upsales is what made it work for me.

Yes, you need to have someone ready to answer you phones for you if you do it in a heavily populated area.
They told me Dallas was one of the "biggest" areas for Groupon so I think I did more than most.

Let's see how Ron does.

The cool thing for an O/O is they've bought the Groupon and you will get paid for it. You can put the jobs off a little and you don't have to worry about the calls going to voicemail....Get Full Circle and you really don't have to worry.

My problem was, we were trying to retun all those calls and I bet I lost some of my regular new call in customers because they went to voicemail too....Not this time.

With Full Circle I should be able to handle the Groupon calls and the regular new customer calls that may have hung up when going to voicemail

Have I mentioned that Full Circle is more than just an answering service?

bonesheal

Brian Robison said:
Have I mentioned that Full Circle is more than just an answering service?

Yes, I believe you have. Fortunately, I have FC already, I was more worried about performing the actual work.

Jimbo

Looks like 17 sold so far Ron...with 7 hours left in the day...Nice!

Name
Ron lippold
its funny i have talked to many of those ladies and they all have way over the 375 sq ft. Most have tile or concrete and they all want it protected.. Win some loose some. I will take 17 new customers in a day anytime. did not cost me a dime.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I watched the video but didn't quite understand how it works as far as our costs. What do we pay groupon, and when people buy each coupon do we get paid right away or only when they use the coupon?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
tmdry said:
I watched the video but didn't quite understand how it works as far as our costs. What do we pay groupon, and when people buy each coupon do we get paid right away or only when they use the coupon?

Groupon will usually take half of the Groupon price...yes 50%. :wink:

about a week after the deal is over they will mail you 1/3 of what was sold. 30 days after that another 1/3 and 30 days after that...yes you guessed it ...the final 1/3.

You do the groupon job for the gift certificate...and you need to keep track of them...they are numbered.
Best part is, when you get to the house the customer kinda feels like they are not paying you anything so upsells are a bit easier.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Brian Robison said:
tmdry said:

Groupon will usually take half of the Groupon price...yes 50%. :wink:

about a week after the deal is over they will mail you 1/3 of what was sold. 30 days after that another 1/3 and 30 days after that...yes you guessed it ...the final 1/3.

You do the groupon job for the gift certificate...and you need to keep track of them...they are numbered.
Best part is, when you get to the house the customer kinda feels like they are not paying you anything so upsells are a bit easier.

Cool, thanks for the feedback.

Signed up.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've been signed up for Sacramento and Las Vegas...and Dallas Again for about 4 months now...they are pretty busy and I think they take the lower money deals like nail salons first.
They sell 100's of those.

I'm just waiting for one to hit.

How can groupon be that good? I use my computer everyday and have never seen that site. Is it offered only in select areas? Besides why would you want to target people looking for a DEAL?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Looks like you have 20 bought Ron...let us know how they turn out.

Groupon got major TV news press awhile back. Dallas and Chicago were and are the big areas.
San Diego is another one.

It's the certain crowd that has heard of it... Most Carpet Cleaners don't run in that crowd.

They are very area specific so that will determine exposure as well.

It's just something about the deal to people.
The deal is just a door opener. They think they want a deal...it's up to us to convince them that they want value.
The entire advertising world has taught people to look for a great deal. It's all about how you present it to them when you get there.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I don't quite get it here. I realize it would bring new custys, but to do the same work for 1/2 of what you would do it for, plus pay a commision on that amount? Is this kinda like a fancy "bait and switch"? Can you really do the same quality work at 1/2 the price? And what happens when your regular custys find out that you just cleaned their neighbors house for a lot less than you charged them? Looks like you will bust ass cleaning for less for deal shoppers that you probably won't see again.....since it's new custys only.

Everone here could appriciate 100's of new custys, but at what price???

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It's not bait and switch...it's "hope they have more"
Yes you really clean what you say you are going to clean and for that price.
Upselling is not bait and switch.
We did have a disclaimer that said pet urine treatment extra charge...No stairs in the deal...etc.
3 rooms not over 150 sqft per room.

The first Groupon job I did was almost $700.00. It made me feel really good about the 20 or so that we didn't upsell.

I couldn't tell you how many tile cleaning job we got out of the entire campaign.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I sent a request to them few days ago and this is the email I received today.

Thanks for contacting Groupon!

Since we only feature one business a day, our schedule is carefully constructed to highlight a variety of business types, locations, sizes, and price-points. At this time, we don't see an opportunity to feature your business.

We have your information on file, and if it's OK with you, we'll be in touch if an opportunity arises in the future.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, they have gotten so big that they can pick and choose.
I haven't heard much from them lately.

Not sure if they will run my again anytime soon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom