Groupon is hitting tomorrow...HOLY CRAP!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok, so they asked if they could do the Groupon deal tomorrow. :shock: Of course I said yes because I tend to just jump in the fire no matter what.

I will be scheduling the first day for Tuesday
5 routes
Hope that's enough. lol

I'm expecting a huge amount of calls.....but again, I have no idea.

Better to be prepared and NOT get the calls than vice versa.

Wish me luck.

More info will be posted in the MMM Room.

Mikey P

Administrator
why all the hype over a bunch of $10 jobs?

IMO your techs are going to rush through these jobs and or go over board on upselling.

I'd be willing to bet these Groupon minded customers are the cheapest of the cheap and will show no loyalty next year.
Plan on lots of shitty apartments and single wides.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
$10.00? Fook that! What did you do to yourself?????
Groupon doesn't work you MUST be looney?
LoonyBrian-1.jpg

:mrgreen:

Ok seriously what is the deal you are selling?

Didn't you mention $100.00? Are you giving your subs $15.00 and you're getting $10.00? Who is short the credit card fees? Did Groupon split that rate or do you carry all the burden?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mike, you're a retard.

:lol:

I will surely get some price shoppers...but Groupon people last year were home owners for the most part.

The deal is Whole house $99.00
I get $10.00 approx
Subs get $40.00

Sqft limits and upsells will work. I have a few of the same techs doing the work this time from last time.

We had one crazy lady last time and maybe one other unhappy client because of scheduling.

This deal IS a little crazier....yes...but I'll take the risk and see what happens.

I'm only scheduling a few per route per day....at first.

Full Circle is ready to go.....Crap, I gotta call Service Monster and have them add a route.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, I'm a little nervous...Could be 100....could be 1000 or more.

I'll feel like an idiot if we sell like 20 or something. lol

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm predicting 1000....less would be fine with me.

It's all the side work that helps out the deal too.

So $10,000.00 just by saying "yes" to the deal.

Keep in mind my Full Circle will will triple too. lol

I'm not a crook...I'm just a Savvy Marketer. :mrgreen:

You can watch the deal live in the MMM room...I think it hits at midnight tonight.

AND it's a Saturday so the deal "should" go through the weekend. Not sure.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
The deal is Whole house $99.00
I get $10.00 approx
Subs get $40.00

8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xH0xorgUoI8]

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Groupon customers surely don't use Poupon mustard! They're the old yellow mustard type folks. I wish you all the luck........if I ran an ad like that around here, the callers would ask for even a deeper discount! And they are NOT the type custys that take to upsells.

But....good luck with it, and let us know what the % of calls are to the mailing.

RW

Wear your "Mikeysboard" shirt........proudly!!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I have to disagree with the perception that Groupon buyers are low end clients. Maybe it's different this time around but I doubt it.

They are geared towards the up class...how many ghetto's have nice salons in them? Which is what Groupon sells most of.
Yoga classes and girly crap like that.

I'm tellin ya

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
5 Questions...

If they are geared toward the upper class, why sell at such a low price?

What are the limitations? Do you move any furniture, or what will you actually move?

How long does it take your subs to knock out a whole house?

Does it include steps?

Is prespray and deodorizer included? Scrubbing, grooming?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Doug Cox said:
5 Questions...

If they are geared toward the upper class, why sell at such a low price?

What are the limitations? Do you move any furniture, or what will you actually move?

How long does it take your subs to knock out a whole house?

Does it include steps?

Is prespray and deodorizer included? Scrubbing, grooming?

I'm really not trying to insult anyone but I think you guys just can't grasp the concept that the upper middle class people want deals too. They just look at them a little differently.
Remember, we are not our customers.
When they get a great deal, they tend to give a little more...like tipping the waiter or buying a desert at a restaurant.

No moving furniture, stairs are extra, no deo...scrub if needed, We don't really groom anyway (yes we are hacks I guess).

If we do the house for the Groupon price, I can't see being there an hour pull up to drive away.
We will try to pre qaulify over the phone to give us time to do whatever is needed of course.

The customers will also know that we sold however many we sold and will expect a little bit of ...how can I put this?

They won't be expecting us to be spending more time than needed in their home.

Low price may mean priceshopper.....but a good deal doesn't.....Yes they are different.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Lee Stockwell said:
Good way to blow out your good subs Brian.

Hope you survive.

They know the routine and they know that they can make money doing it.

I do have 2 guys that didn't do it last time and they aren't the greatest at speaking witht the customer and offering other services. I may do the pre inspections just before they get there to make sure the customer is well taken care of.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I just did a bedroom (11X17) that was empty today and it took me about 40 minutes. I can't imagine what you get for 20 more minutes when your are doing a "Whole House". Sometimes it takes more time to work around the furniture than to do an empty room.

BTW- What are the sq.ft. limitations, Brian?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
1500 square foot house max....but we can make exceptions for larger houses with less carpet in them of course.

You know that set up and tear down time is half the battle. Adding a few more square feet once you get going doesn't ten to add too much more time.

1 room may take 40 minutes but another room may only take 5 or 10 minutes depending.

Pet urine is extra, we won't work on "permanent" stains, open areas only.....no dog and pony show for the Groupon price but we WILL get the carpet clean for that.

dgargan

Is there anyone here "who actually has used Groupon" and has had a disappointing experience? I have talked to several people in our industry who have used it and not one had a bad thing to say about it. They only people putting it down are the ones who have not tried it. I find that interesting

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Jen uses them all the time. Salons, cupcakes, carpet cleaning once :shock: (was trying out a company to sub to), she even got me a couple of passes to tour the Dallas Stadium from Groupon.

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head but for the most part the companies were really nice and took care of us....and Jen certainly is NOT a price shopper. lol

As of now only 10 sold. LMAO ...Well that's 10 more than I had. Ivebeensold :shock:

I need 20 before "the deal is one"

steve g

Name
steve garrett
brian, I do think you are missing out on what mikey in particular is trying to tell you. the problem with targeting the groupon users is wouldn't it be fair to assume that when someone else is offering a groupon when they need the carpets done they are going to be using the other company?? you live by this shit you die by it. its all about loyalty and repeat customers. perhaps this isn't the best area to target for this.

I am all about using advertising or whatever method to get a new customer, if the expense in getting the new customer means you make NO money but cover your expenses on the first job I am ok with that too, however the program should be specifically geared toward KEEPING them as a repeat customer and getting referrals. if not you are working for nothing and wearing out equipment. I think most of us are just questioning how loyal a groupon customer will be and by your own words you say that upper middle class people want a good deal too. yeah alot do but not all of them care so much about it, however you are targeting the ONES that do care about a good deal by your own admission.

at the end of the day the point is, the groupon customer is looking for the "good deal" if that happens to be another competitor of yours you just lost a customer. or maybe you never had them.

trying to compete on price alone is always a killer. seperate yourself in other ways. having to depend on sq ft limits and upsales IMO borders and dabbles into bait and switch territory, which I am against.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Brian R said:
1500 square foot house max....but we can make exceptions for larger houses with less carpet in them of course.

You know that set up and tear down time is half the battle. Adding a few more square feet once you get going doesn't ten to add too much more time.

1 room may take 40 minutes but another room may only take 5 or 10 minutes depending.

Pet urine is extra, we won't work on "permanent" stains, open areas only.....no dog and pony show for the Groupon price but we WILL get the carpet clean for that.

So if I understand what you are saying, it is for a house with toal square footage of 1500 sf regardless if you only clean a fraction of it? If the house is completely empty, you will do it for 99.00?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
$40.00 for cleaning 1500 sq ft = $.026 per sq ft for your subs. You have reached a new low. way to be a bottom feeder.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Funny you bring up only part of that sentence. They want a good deal but they look at it differently.

You guys only read what you want to read.

What's the difference between being in a customers house from Groupon or other in the "loyalty" department?

That part is soley up to the company to generate...if you don't make it happen....it isn't going to happen with any customer no matter how you got them.

I've scheduled 3 tile jobs, and only 1 house that was 1601 sqft....every other house has been over 2000 sqft....a good amount with stairs, some upholstery cleaning and even some with more than 6 areas.

I've scheduled 3 myself via email before they purchased the Groupon and I honored the price without them buying one. 100% of job.

I'm not sure how you guys cannot see this as a good thing.

I've only gotten one job with the name "Sharhonda" from the ghetto. lamo....I ok with that.

PS. I've sold 45 jobs but only about 1/4 of them have scheduled....and I only see a small few that MAY be at the Groupon price.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Doug Cox said:
[quote="Brian R":3useg2jn]1500 square foot house max....but we can make exceptions for larger houses with less carpet in them of course.

So if I understand what you are saying, it is for a house with toal square footage of 1500 sf regardless if you only clean a fraction of it? If the house is completely empty, you will do it for 99.00?[/quote:3useg2jn]

We can be flexible on this.
It it's a 4000 sqft house with 2 small rooms....obviously we'll give in a bit. lol

We will do UP TO a 1500 sqft house for the Groupon price....open areas...empty or not.

We won't be giving money back for less area if that's what you mean.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
FCC said:
:cry:

with hundreds of post seemingly in defense of groupon and its customers before the deal I just can't see any useful critique coming out of this..........

Now you know I will be completely honest about this...the only thing better than being right.....is being wrong and learning from it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The plan was to give exact numbers because of the controversy...normally I won't do that.

I will post total gross with Groupon included
Gross without their cut

Subs Gross

My Gross

This will include all groupon jobs whether they had a Groupon or not.

Is that fair?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
You might have to run it past PFred.

He always want to see other people's actual receipts.

So, Can you also supply copies of the checks you are giving to your subs?

Copies of any money transfers from Groupon.

Any related taxes and fees.

Your checking account information and passwords and how much change do you have it your pockets( before and after)?

Back
Top Bottom