Groupon is hitting tomorrow...HOLY CRAP!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ken Snow said:
Why does anyone give a sh%t?

Hey, just because you are Mr. Money Bags doesn't mean that this won't help some others.

Maybe if I have some success with it, others will do the same.

You just go back to your old school make money by the truck loads ways and leave me to the 1 hit wonders. :lol:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I'm just yankin on ya again Brian (not in that way Crowley).

Ken
Ps Groupon is not a new way of making money, it has been around a while and the oncpt a while longer. We o all sorts of "new age" advertising/markting as well as continuing to do some of the older ones that keep working like TV, Radio & newsprint (much much less newsprint than in decades past).

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
What do you mean Ken?

Was there someone else doing it this way or just kind of that way?

Just curious.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
all I know is when I did yellow pages most of the people were price shoppers, AND THIS IS WITH THEM GETTING MY INFO FROM THE PHONE BOOK NOT A DISCOUNT SITE!!!!!!!!!

price shoppers are

1)disloyal
2) fixated on price
3) aren't that concerned about quality
4) will use who ever is cheaper NEXT TIME

brian these are the very people are targeting!!!!! the other thing is when I do work for a price shopper the normal methods of seperating myself from the competition don't work near as well. if price is all that matters, do they care if I am dressed nicely, sound professional, and do a better job than anyone else. probably to an extent but is that extent great enough for them to never ever think about using anyone else?? I say probably NO

personally it costs me about $40 bucks to clean a home on average. that is figuring fuel, machine use and maintenance and wear and tear. insurance and other undirect expenses make the amount even higher. at the same time in most cases the people that are referred to me often never even ask a price, these are the people you want.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think this format is something none of us are used to.

Imagine a world that will take a great discount and still be a loyal customer willing to spend more.

Eureka!

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Well??????????????

AnimatedGifCounter11.gif

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Only 71 so far...the updates are in the Make More Money Room.

It was put on as a side deal so it didn't hit the big numbers....which isn't so bad.

As far as "upsells" over the phone, we are doing fairly well. Stairs and upholstery are the main things. Some tile and pet urine.

The biggest house so far is just under 4000 sqft and the smallest is just over 1200 sqft...but there's pet urine in the small one and I told her it would be a little more.

I've scheduled a few of these jobs via email, after hours and some hit the #3 emergency option that goes to my cell phone.

It's a nice kick in the pants because I wasn't doing much with my Dallas area and I was planning to hit it a little harder once I leased my Sacramento area out on the 1st.

Not bad timing.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Another bonus for Brian is that not everyone is going to use the dang thing. Really there are people that buy stuff because it is a great deal and then forget to use it in time. So he will have several that he gets $50.00 from that is all profit with no money given to subs. If I was in a larger market I might try this

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
idreadnought said:
Another bonus for Brian is that not everyone is going to use the dang thing. Really there are people that buy stuff because it is a great deal and then forget to use it in time. So he will have several that he gets $50.00 from that is all profit with no money given to subs. If I was in a larger market I might try this

That's the way it was before but not now. Groupon got savvy to that.

Now you have to redeem the Groupons as they get used before you get paid for them.

I think I only had maybe 2 that didn't use their groupons last time.

But Groupon gets to keep that money. Bastards! lmao

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Just good business on their end....upped the bottom line AND made some companies honest at the same time.

That doesn't make me like it any more....but I'm not sure it would have mattered.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ohhhh so them bastards get the money and not you????

wtf :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

lance

84 total. You don't need to sign up to see the link.

Expires in one year? Why not six months or even three months? And you don't get to keep the unused leftovers. I say get the money and do the work as soon as possible so that you can send reminders and get their friends to clean for also.

Now you can put out your own coupon with any special you choose and hand them out to all different kinds of neighborhoods. Just say "as seen on Groupon".........you are telling the truth because you used G.O. and have testimonials. If people trust Groupon they will trust you by association. But now G.O. is not the middleman, you are.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
floorguy said:
ohhhh so them bastards get the money and not you????

wtf :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Lol
If I don't do the work....I really shouldn't get the money.
Groupon did all the work getting my name out there...including building their brand the last few years.
I did like it the other way but I really can't complain.

Shane,
The last Groupon I did was a 6 month expiration. We (including Groupon) really thought we would do more so the exp date was extended.

Good point with the coupons.
When people call now, we can still give them the Groupon price as well.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yea but your the ones working for peanuts....it oughta be like a bonus...

woopty poopty they put it out there...that entitles them to 50%.......well now wait...do they get the full $100 if no one uses it :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

oh well then F that even more

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Just for putting it out there? You mean to the millions of people signed up? How many people do you have on your mailing list?

I've heard of Yellow Pages getting more....Like when people pay $12,000.00 in a year and see about $2000.00 worth of work.
You are then paying for NOT doing the jobs.

Groupon gets 100% but we don't have to do any work. How is that wrong?...it's like the job never happened....because it didn't.

If you do the job you give up 50% ...if you don't do the job you pay nothing, zero, zilch, nada, zippy, etc etc etc.

This is an awesome deal and I'm proud to be a part of it.

If you can't see the forest for the trees, don't get upset when a squirrel shits on your head. :mrgreen:

PS. And you STILL get the exposure AND the 100% jobs that come in with it. THAT'S the bonus

Back
Top Bottom