Groupon, Living Social, And Yelp Gone Bad!

Chris A

Name
Chris
I love how the ones who are saying the dods are dirtbag marketing are the same ones who will whine and say the economy, the weather, the alignment of the planets in general is keeping their phones from ringing. No one specific, just something I notice...

Chris A

Name
Chris
Ken Snow said:
Loland they won't get out of their pj's for less than $200

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Well neither will I, but yeah...

Connor

Name
Connor
sam miller said:
I was at a house last month doing 2 rooms and a neighbor came over and said how much do You charge?

I said $30.00 per room! He went home told his Mom and she came over with the PS and pointed to 5 companies charging $14.95 per room and said how could I charge so much when everyone else charges so little?

Charge so much. Sheesh. :shock:

It always makes me wonder just why people will have the audacity to go out of their way to accuse contractors of greed.

Steve Manier

Is there any way to get a "deal" going where one could get at least $100.00 after Groupons cut but before the before the upsell?

davendana

Name
d Jackass
Steve Manier said:
Is there any way to get a "deal" going where one could get at least $100.00 after Groupons cut but before the before the upsell?

Look at Joel's deal on the last page :arrow:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You could run a whole house special with protectant....Regular $400.......Now $200....Split with Groupon.

But I would never do that.

Just do 3 rooms for around $65 or $69 and you'll make over $100 if you offer more services to your customers when you get there.

$32 from Groupon (in 3 lump paymtents), offer protectant, extra rooms, upholstery.

If they don't budge, charge for halls, closets and extra sqft where available.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I'm glad to see that my business has much more to offer than $75 and under services..more power to the rest of you

Able 1

Name
Keith
Bee Busy said:
I'm glad to see that my business has much more to offer than $75 and under services..more power to the rest of you

I'm thinking the same...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Bee Busy said:

Come on Bill. It's not like that at all. My business has much more to offer than that but sometimes it starts at much less.

It's not about cost, or lack of it. It's about image and then quality work once image get's you in the door.

I know you do super quality work and want to get paid for it. AND you should.

But your Tile cleaning etc warrants a much higher cost to begin...... I would only suggest using carpet cleaning as the image setter.... a way for the customer to get to know you before they make the much larger purchase.

You know this already...I believe you've said that carpet cleaning is your upsell from the hard surface work.....Of course that door can swing both ways.

I think your major challenge (as is for most in your class) would be to find the higher end hard surface jobs and market your carpet cleaning to earn the trust.

Just my 2 cents...either way, you're going to be different from the average carpet cleaner with just a small amount of regular tile cleaning etc.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Speaking of image... Robert Alexander has one hell of an image for hard surface work. (You probably know Robert)

Sasso Bello impresses me in a big way. I know him personally.

If that's the kind of work you or anyone wants... I would suggest stepping up the image to mirror the type of work you do.

http://www.sassobello.com/

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Brian - Why argue. It worked for your business others dont want to use it for their business. I showed how it worked for me. you showed how it worked for you. They can either choose to use the format or not. It's like the Cimex and OP. Why waste time arguing about whether it works or not. Cimex makes me alot of money and the Orbot makes you alot of money. Despite the fact that lots of people want to argue about what cleans better.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Purely for informational value.

I like discussing it because I might learn something as well.

Lurkers may get something out of it too.

Ok, It's fun for me too. lol.

Connor

Name
Connor
kingjoelking said:
Brian - Why argue. It worked for your business others dont want to use it for their business. I showed how it worked for me. you showed how it worked for you. They can either choose to use the format or not. It's like the Cimex and OP. Why waste time arguing about whether it works or not. Cimex makes me alot of money and the Orbot makes you alot of money. Despite the fact that lots of people want to argue about what cleans better.

It's called self justification.

Brian is trying to build credibility and rationalize his model. C'mon, everybody knows he built his business on paper so he could dupe some poor Joe into taking it off his hands.

Tricky, tricky there, Tex.

It's all part of his roundabout way of telling everybody that he's an expert bass fisherman, when he's really throwing out bait for sucker fish. When questioned, he shows a basket filled with red herrings and all the while, he is but a mere catfish hisowndamnself.

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
Wow.

You're a great story teller Connor.

Thanks, it's a gift.

I am also available for shindigs, rallies, conventions and church revivals.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Brian R said:
[quote="Bee Busy":1hmygo3e]I'm glad to see that my business has much more to offer than $75 and under services..more power to the rest of you

Come on Bill. It's not like that at all. My business has much more to offer than that but sometimes it starts at much less.

It's not about cost, or lack of it. It's about image and then quality work once image get's you in the door.

I know you do super quality work and want to get paid for it. AND you should.

But your Tile cleaning etc warrants a much higher cost to begin...... I would only suggest using carpet cleaning as the image setter.... a way for the customer to get to know you before they make the much larger purchase.

You know this already...I believe you've said that carpet cleaning is your upsell from the hard surface work.....Of course that door can swing both ways.

yeah it goes both ways for me, i just can't do the low price thing to get in.
I think your major challenge (as is for most in your class) would be to find the higher end hard surface jobs and market your carpet cleaning to earn the trust.

Just my 2 cents...either way, you're going to be different from the average carpet cleaner with just a small amount of regular tile cleaning etc.[/quote:1hmygo3e]

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Brian R said:
Speaking of image... Robert Alexander has one hell of an image for hard surface work. (You probably know Robert)

Sasso Bello impresses me in a big way. I know him personally.

If that's the kind of work you or anyone wants... I would suggest stepping up the image to mirror the type of work you do.

http://www.sassobello.com/
yeah he does have a great image. he has nice looking sprinter vans with wraps. doing only t/g and stone you have to present a certain image like that.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Seems like a mess to me and we have no problem with a $70 initial job but $30 is absurd.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Connor said:
kingjoelking said:

It's called self justification.

Brian is trying to build credibility and rationalize his model. C'mon, everybody knows he built his business on paper so he could dupe some poor Joe into taking it off his hands.

Tricky, tricky there, Tex.

It's all part of his roundabout way of telling everybody that he's an expert bass fisherman, when he's really throwing out bait for sucker fish. When questioned, he shows a basket filled with red herrings and all the while, he is but a mere catfish hisowndamnself.

Could be that I've done enough of them to know better.

Unlike yourself and just speculating on something because you don't have the ballcocks to try it. !gotcha!

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
Could be that I've done enough of them to know better.

Unlike yourself and just speculating on something because you don't have the ballcocks to try it. !gotcha!

I 'spose it's easy to look yourself in the mirror when the portrait is in the attic, n'est-ce pas, Monsieur Gray?

Before you say you're gonna make it rain, you might want to fix your leaky roof, lest your house be ruined by your rain and you have to move again.

Enjoy your bliss.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Brian R said:
I'll get a roofer from Groupon.

And you will need to replace it in 10 years.. I'll go with my roofer and get 30 years for just a half more. :roll: hey Marty, blow me :mrgreen: Most cheap roofers void the shingle warranty by poor installation. :roll:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Nahh, I'll do my homework and make sure it's a reputable company. 8)

If a roofer is running a Groupon deal they are either very good or very bad. :lol:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Able 1 said:
[quote="Brian R":10n0svqk]I'll get a roofer from Groupon.

And you will need to replace it in 10 years.. I'll go with my roofer and get 30 years for just a half more. :roll: hey Marty, blow me :mrgreen: Most cheap roofers void the shingle warranty by poor installation. :roll:[/quote:10n0svqk]

Where is your factual data on that one Keith and why is a roofer that chooses to do a groupon offer necc cheap?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Ken Snow said:
[quote="Able 1":1u3gbam0][quote="Brian R":1u3gbam0]I'll get a roofer from Groupon.

And you will need to replace it in 10 years.. I'll go with my roofer and get 30 years for just a half more. :roll: hey Marty, blow me :mrgreen: Most cheap roofers void the shingle warranty by poor installation. :roll:[/quote:1u3gbam0]

Where is your factual data on that one Keith and why is a roofer that chooses to do a groupon offer necc cheap?[/quote:1u3gbam0]

The only factual data I am working from is from our industry do you have other data that sez it aint so??

Ranch house with a tare off:
Normal price:$12,000
Groupon special: $8,000
Groupon cut: $4,000
Shingles and supplies: $2,000
15 mexicans and a day and a half work: $500 :mrgreen:

You could always upsell then a ridge vent, or ice guard. :shock: :roll: Or you could tell them for an extra $8,000 you could do it right, and put in more then two nails per shingle. With that extra $8,000 you might be able to get a 30year shingle instead of this Chinese shit we have been trying to get rid of. :mrgreen: :lol: Come on you get what you pay for... I think the roof on your house might be a little more important then price.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
LOL- I ask you a question and then you want me to prove you are wrong? Too funny.

Most large items deals I have seen are only for a portion so in your example it might be a 100, 200 or even 500 dollar certificate for a roofing job at half the face value. So 200.00 would cost 100 and the roofer gets 50 of that so ultimately gets $7800 for that $8000 job.

Did I unprove your point adequately?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom