Grout Perfect indeed!

Mikey P

Administrator
Can you tell this has been color sealed?

CS1.jpg

Not horrible but urine stained none the less.

B4

toilet1.jpg

After
CStoiletaft.jpg

Apply a very thin line..
CS5.jpg

Scrub it in with a tooth brush..
CS4.jpg

And wipe off!

CS3.jpg

To the left is Color Sealed..

CSb4aft.jpg

Nasty door jamb area full or Mop staining.
doorjamb1.jpg

POW!
doorjamb2.jpg

b4
colorseal001.jpg

after
colorseal022.jpg

A must have..
colorseal016.jpg

safeclean

It sure is perfect now Mickey another happy customer :) for sure.

I love my knee roller specially the sound it makes when I run over grout lines it means i am making top dollar :lol:

craig

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
How well does the grout sealer clean when it gets dirty?
They suggest a cleaner and then just "shop vac out"? No steam? Not sure if that would work to well.
Although they say to clean it this way before you seal.

Mikey P

Administrator
a neutral pH cleaner and 300 psi from your glided wand would make it perfect again.

I would not recommend buying the whole gallon kit until your swamped with work. Start out with pints and quarts.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Mike, would you use any different method for 2,000 sq ft of 8" tiles changing from pale red to black? How much time would you budget for the job?

SJA

Nice work Mike. The photos look great - glad all is well with the colorsealing.

I am willing to make a special offer to those who are interested in colorsealing. This offer is good through September 30th.
An easy way to get going is to buy a sales kit ($65.00), a chamois ($1.37), and a training video ($99.95).

All you have to do is call @ 1-800-887-3349 and ask for Steve in technical support and mention Mikey's Board - For those that do this in the month of September - I will give away the sales kit for free if a training video and chamois are purchased..

Mikey P

Administrator
Brian H said:
Mike, would you use any different method for 2,000 sq ft of 8" tiles changing from pale red to black? How much time would you budget for the job?

Two guys all day from the sound of it.

After 500 feet or so you should have the hang of the GP applicator brush/bottle.

safeclean

Tip for new guys wanting to get into color sealing just try and buy the salesman demo kit when your customer chooses the color they like than order it.

samples.jpg

We are currently doing 1000 sq feet a day two man with knee rollers sometimes hard due to furniture removal.

Craig

ps what steve said :)

safeclean

Here is a large job we just completed nearly 2000 sq feet I charged $5600 for two days work.

Before and After the darker line was cleaned it is red soil which will never come out color seal was the best option
pics067a1.jpg

pics057a1.jpg

pics075a1.jpg

So much furniture to move was giving me the sh...

The customer was so impressed with her floors she gave us a huge tip :wink:

Craig

John Watson

He guys, What is the aproxamate coverage or how many feet per pt/qt

can we buy it in pints, and quarts or only qts and gals?

What are the most frequent colors you use???

How long is it supposed to last??

Is it worth putting a waranty on it.

What kind of prices are you getting for

just cleaning no seal?

clean and seal?

clean and color seal?

I think I might call you on Monday Steve and take you up on your offer. Would have liked it better if we bought the Demo Kit and chamois and the training tape was for free... Are you going to be at connections??? if so will there be a little better special there at the tradeshow???

Tile Nerd

We use This Old Grout products but they are similar

John Watson said:
He guys, What is the aproxamate coverage or how many feet per pt/qt

500 to 1000 sq ft depending on tile size & grout size for a 16 oz bottle

can we buy it in pints, and quarts or only qts and gals?

Most buy the 16 oz bottle but gallon sizes are available (This Old Grout)

What are the most frequent colors you use???

Custom Building Product (popular grout brand used in my area), bone, linen, haystack, sandstone, quartz, antique white, light smoke, mushroom, earth, tobacco brown,

How long is it supposed to last??

We give lifetime warranty's

Is it worth putting a waranty on it.

Yes

It vary's greatly depending on where you are at

just cleaning no seal?

We almost never clean only.

clean and seal?

Never seal without cleaning

clean and color seal?

I think I might call you on Monday Steve and take you up on your offer. Would have liked it better if we bought the Demo Kit and chamois and the training tape was for free... Are you going to be at connections??? if so will there be a little better special there at the tradeshow???

Mikey P

Administrator
WatsOn, call a few tile stores in your area and 2 home depots and ask them what they're best sellers are.

Carry those if for nothing else but to hide stains.

Find a couple of relatives or neighbors willing to let you practice on their floors.
And for gawdsakes, get those knee rollers.

and a hoist to get your big ass from up off the floor.

John Watson

Hey Nushnik head, Just a gathering info, I might have to check out the rolling knee pads, But I already have a Rackatac that besides knee pads and wheels also has a seat for my big ass!!! Now will you answer my questions?????

Thanks for your reply Tile Nerd, wish you were more open with these answers tho.

"It vary's greatly depending on where you are at I under stand that Please give a range your area is getting . Thank you
just cleaning no seal?

We almost never clean only.

clean and seal?

clean and color seal?

Never seal without cleaning"

TimP

1,000 ft in one day sounds like a ton of work for 2 men. 1 buck a ft doesn't sound like enough. Sounds like around 1.75-2 bucks a ft is what you'd have to charge. Expensive as hell for sure.

Tile Nerd

TimP said:
1,000 ft in one day sounds like a ton of work for 2 men. 1 buck a ft doesn't sound like enough. Sounds like around 1.75-2 bucks a ft is what you'd have to charge. Expensive as hell for sure.

2 guys should easily be able to color seal 200 to 300 square feet of 12 inch tile per hour. That's our production rates anyway with This Old Grout. 17" we'll do 400 to 600 per hour. Room size & lay out also has a lot to do with production rates

TimP

I'm ordering some probably tomorrow to do our kitchen counter top and possibly a few floors for the familiy to practice with.

I didn't realise that you could order color from grout colors. I've got tons of samples of those in our store, tech, custom, maipei, and laticrete. It looks like it's easy enough...squirt a bead....smear it in with a tooth brush and wipe excess with a towel.

Only agrivating thing seems that you have to clean it first.....seems you're supposed to do it with acid first???

Is there anything else you're supposed to do/know????

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom