Grout Perfect.

Mikey P

Administrator
How many of you are currently cleaning tile and grout?
Do you offer color sealing as a option?
If not you're making a huge mistake. By using a professional color seal you will leave your customers grout looking in most cases, better than new.
Offering just penetrative sealers is hackish at best.

Steve has many great suggestions on how to present the color seal option to your customers with out a heavy handed sell as well as many other cool ideas to improve the tile cleaning side of your business.

I have done quite a few floors and many counter tops and my customers are always thrilled with the results and ease of clean up.

Although the application of the seal can be tedious and some what back breaking you can't get better money out of this trade with out the use of a gun or a venturing into restoration work.

I am working with Steve Aleric from Grout Perfect to do a Greenhorn session with us and possibly set up a series of online classes from their facility.

Check out this short video of the seal being applied and tell me you won't do that for 3 to 4 bucks a foot...

Stay tuned,

Your buddy, Danno.

th_youtubeGP.jpg

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
I went thru the training with Steve in my former life LOL, great guy
and a very well made product. (IMO)

Frank E

We do quite a bit of colorseal work and it is definitely good money.

I have tried the other colorseals but like grout perfect the best. It really is challenging at times but the racatac with chest support makes it easier..

safeclean

Color Sealing has really taken off for my business I would like to share some tips on how to sell this service.

1. I use a small demo board to show my customers one side treated with color seal and the other side with clear seal and two other lines with no protection I use soyer sauce when showing the demo works like a charm.
I also explain that color sealing lasts 3 times longer than any clear seals.

2. I have made up a brag book which shows before and after pics of different tiles and color schemes.

3. I carry with me 9 colors and if they are going to go ahead we apply it to 6 lines that way they can see what it will look like and I always let them choose the color.

Here is a sample of what my truck will look like when complete.

Imyt6.jpg

Craig

Mikey P

Administrator
Frank E said:
We do quite a bit of colorseal work and it is definitely good money.

I have tried the other colorseals but like grout perfect the best. It really is challenging at times but the racatac with chest support makes it easier..

Frank, what is it you like best about GP over lets say, This Old Grout?

Frank E

Mikey, I like TOG and think it is a good product but to me the GP just seems easier to work with. I believe it cleans up with less effort than the others, and holds up very well.

Frank E

We are charging 2.50 to 3 a square for clean and color, most in this area are charging 1.75 to 2.

SJA

Craig, great idea with demo board and pictures. I have also found that doing a demo on the customers floor prior to sale to be very effective. The product can be removed if they choose not to colorseal. Most people need to visualize how their floor will look.

Love your truck - looks great

LeeCory

I about creamed my shorts when I saw how fast he was moving.

If I could move that fast I would start selling alot more color. I did about 2,000 sq of color in a hotel last year and shoving a pencil in my eye would be a better memory.

I need someone like him to teach me to do it the right way.

SJA

Lee, I am 40 min from you. I am sure that we can work something out. Call me.

safeclean

Lee it all depends on the product you are using and knee rollers certainly help during application but the more you do the better you become the Chamois is what will help speedup the process.

Craig

ps you are very lucky to be that close to Steve make sure you take up his offer.

WISE

We did a little of it and is very profitable...we just got so busy with our main focus--water damage, commercial cleaning, rug cleaning...so the T&G fell off a bit...looking at the numbers we have only done $445 in T&G cleaning this month; no sealing.

IF I were to do it again, I would do it this way:

Sell peace of mind...a warranty. Clean it, color seal it, and warranty it. Of course our warranty specifies a maintenance schedule. Easy money. Then target installers--if you have a guy that is fairly articulate, he can sell it at time of install and of course he gets a few bones. But anyway,

look for my 92 part DVD set on marketing tile and grout sealing--coauthored by TB and titled Odin's Revenge.

We will also be selling distributor territories so if any of you moron losers want to make some real money call me on my talking bass cell phone.

Lastly, this will be nothing like you have ever seen...it will blow JP, HP and Rico Suave's materials away. Unlike at least one of the previous, we insisted on running spell check on ALL our materials.

:lol: WISE

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Mikey P said:
How many of you are currently cleaning tile and grout?
Do you offer color sealing as a option?
If not you're making a huge mistake. By using a professional color seal you will leave your customers grout looking in most cases, better than new.
Offering just penetrative sealers is hackish at best.

Steve has many great suggestions on how to present the color seal option to your customers with out a heavy handed sell as well as many other cool ideas to improve the tile cleaning side of your business.

I have done quite a few floors and many counter tops and my customers are always thrilled with the results and ease of clean up.

Although the application of the seal can be tedious and some what back breaking you can't get better money out of this trade with out the use of a gun or a venturing into restoration work.

I am working with Steve Aleric from Grout Perfect to do a Greenhorn session with us and possibly set up a series of online classes from their facility.

Check out this short video of the seal being applied and tell me you won't do that for 3 to 4 bucks a foot...

Stay tuned,

Your buddy, Danno.

th_youtubeGP.jpg

Neat, looks like i will be adding this to my "add services" list.

One question came to mind is when i went on Steve's site i couldn't find the msds on the sealers. Want to know how mild the chems are, are they considered environment friendly? This would be an import factor for us and our clients. If the asnswer is no, than are they working on a product that will be near "green" or "natural"?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom