Grout Prefect Production Rate

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
How long would it take you to clean and colorseal this greasy kitchen floor (about 250 sq ft of exposed tile)? And, How much would you charge?

Photo0201.jpg

Photo0203-1.jpg

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
looks nice but the wrong color was used in my opinion. grout always looks better when it matches the tile.
i have never understood why people want bright white.

gene

chrissalter

white always screams clean on a tile floor. My response from customers is they are used to it. I agree the whole point of color seal in my opinion is to add the color that best suits the tile and it will stay that way. My customers shy away still fearing it will fade just like their powdered colored grout did. I hear about 2 out of ten tell me they wish they went the color way when we return to clean the carpets but they never want topay to change it :lol: .

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Mikey P said:
Two of us could apply the sealer in under two hours

So, I should not feel too bad that it took me 5 hours to clean and do my first colorseal.

How much you getting a sq for a clean and colorseal in Cali?

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
ACE said:
Mikey P said:
Two of us could apply the sealer in under two hours

So, I should not feel too bad that it took me 5 hours to clean and do my first colorseal.

How much you getting a sq for a clean and colorseal in Cali?
$2.00 plus...depends on time and sq ft...but if they whip out the 10% coupon at the last minute...then $1.80 :mrgreen: don't wan't be "douche bag" like some others here insist on since they like giving hard earned $$ away just to prove a point on an online board :mrgreen: with a high and mighty attitude :mrgreen:

S

sam miller

Is color sealing almost the same as sealing it when putting it down? and when You order whats the best way to start? I've seen the starter package from grout perfect $3000.00 plus and a bunch of different colors? Is it best to carry a lot of colors or just a few when starting out?

and do you do stone or just ceramic?

Damn I need that stone class from cti to happen sooner not later!

right now I just stick with ceramic tile clean and seal about a $1.00 a foot

If I clean stone I use oxyblaster but tend to shy away.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Reading the post here lataly, it seems like all the cleaners have a bad case of the A.D.D.
Too much Butyl? :shock:

There is no way I would sink 3K into the GP starter package. It's like someone becoming a house painter and buying every color paint they could find. Just order a pint or qt ($50-$100 shipped) and give it a try. There is a nasty learing curve on your first job becuse you have to appy just the right amount of product.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
sam miller said:
Is color sealing almost the same as sealing it when putting it down? and when You order whats the best way to start? I've seen the starter package from grout perfect $3000.00 plus and a bunch of different colors? Is it best to carry a lot of colors or just a few when starting out?

Dan doesn't teach colorsealing in the CTI class....don't spend $3K on the kit...being that your down in SoCal, your close to a hands on training course in Phoenix by Modern Stone Technologies where you can learn tile cleaning, stone restoration and color sealing for less than $3K

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
Looks like one I just did

444 square feet.
$1.00 to clean
$1.25 to color seal
Took me 5 hours alone.
Friends-friend 20% discount.
Still netted $800.
Not too Shabby.
h135.jpg

safeclean

sam miller said:

Hi Clayton

All you need to do is order the sample color kit and the application dvd from Grout Perfect. This way when a customer chooses a color all you need to do is order it in. This is the cheapest way to get into offering color sealing. Give Dick from Grout Perfect a call and ask him about the new tile and grout training DVD. :)

S

sam miller

Ty Craig for info.

I did a job yesterday tile cleaning used oxyblaster scrubbed and used sx12 tile wand I noticed it looked like it had been color sealed we had a guy here called grout doctor she wanted it sealed after cleaning but I felt that would'nt be necessary there were areas the color seal was coming off I told her she probably needed to habe it re color sealed to even out the area's that had faded or worn off.

Still do you need to redo all areas and can you color seal over color seal? I would think matching colors would be hard!

safeclean

Hi Clayton

You can only use no more than 300 psi when tile cleaning a color sealed floor!

If you find that it is coming off than this is what you need to do.

Apply aceton or stripper to the grout joint dwell time 10 min, agitate with a stiff grout brush than use a single jet like the gekko to rinse at high pressure. What does not come off can be color sealed over. Make sure you acid etch the grout after that than rinse with a alkaline or neutral cleaner. You now can re apply a color sealer to the grout.

Craig

bahrahm

we do little different way to do grouts. clean, dye(22 different color(option)) grouts and apply penetrating sealer(impregnator(water or silicone based)). never use color sealer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom