Grout types, need help for a friend.

Mikey P

Administrator
doing a google , it looks very hit or miss. There will be a learning curve for an installer..

No experience myself.

Where's Cameron?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
geez, didn't even give this post time to be seen before you moved it.

Name
cameron demille
It's urethane, it's going to be like the other urethanes. They are similar to epoxy but they are supposed to be easier to clan up. You'll get mixed reviews on that. Honestly, I don't think it's worth the trouble. They don't really stain, but they can still get dirty and have dirt accumulate and stick to the surface. The white and lighter colors are know to yellow outside and infront of windows that allow a lot of UV light in .

If it were my house, personally, I would use a good quality sanded grout, then color seal it with ColorClad. It would take the same amount of time or less, and be far less frustrating. Each brand of urethane is different in terms of cleanup, and if you miss the window, you're going to be scrubbing with a solvent.

If you practice with it and get the hang of it, it should be a big deal, but depending on how many square feet there are, it might be far more feasible to color seal sanded grout instead of going through the urethane deal.

We use urethane grout for commercial shower pans and stuff because it's the only thing allowed other than epoxy, but it's still not fun. It's just thick an sticky and doesn't spread easy.

If regular grout spread like warm peanut butter, this stuff spreads like caramel.

Name
cameron demille
No I don't. It is supposed to cover anywhere from tiny to very large joints. I am not certain whether it's sanded or not. I want to say no because it is supposed to work with 1/16 joints.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom