Growing Strategy

Timothy & Co.

Name
Christopher Westerman
Hey guys I'd like some feedback from those of you who have taken a owner operator business model into a multi truck operation. I'm consistently booked out 2-3 weeks and thats not including work that I'm turning away. I've always had the vision to add another truck, currently I have a part time tech that helps with large jobs and air duct cleaning. What are some dos and don't that you've experienced while growing. Thanks in advanced.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
F

FB7777

With that described workload, why haven’t you hired before now?

I also wonder why you only use your part time tech on large jobs and air duct work...

are you a control freak ? Too cheap And want to ‘keep it all?

give us some background , experience etc

Timothy & Co.

Name
Christopher Westerman
With that described workload, why haven’t you hired before now?

I also wonder why you only use your part time tech on large jobs and air duct work...

are you a control freak ? Too cheap And want to ‘keep it all?

give us some background , experience etc
New in the game, never thought I'd be at this point already. My part timer is a younger kid who is still learning the clean game. He's got another job so he's only looking for part time hours. I told him I'd start training him to be out on his own if we get another truck this winter.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
Hey guys I'd like some feedback from those of you who have taken a owner operator business model into a multi truck operation. I'm consistently booked out 2-3 weeks and thats not including work that I'm turning away. I've always had the vision to add another truck, currently I have a part time tech that helps with large jobs and air duct cleaning. What are some dos and don't that you've experienced while growing. Thanks in advanced.

Great job first of all!

Second questions like these are impossible to answer because it’s your life and biz so you need to make it what you want it to be.

Define your goals like every detail decide how many vans you want how much you want to work what equipment you are gonna use ect

Second learn exactly what each job costs and start tracking your numbers

Third stay out of debt

Last make a plan with goals and build a team and execute your plan

scotty747

know your numbers, Know your business. Big difference in making a lot more money and making a lot more profit. I see a lot of guys have gone from one truck to two trucks to four trucks and then back to one truck. I think they kill it for a few years and then realize it takes more money than you think to survive, buy less money than you think to be happy.

Timothy & Co.

Name
Christopher Westerman
Great job first of all!

Second questions like these are impossible to answer because it’s your life and biz so you need to make it what you want it to be.

Define your goals like every detail decide how many vans you want how much you want to work what equipment you are gonna use ect

Second learn exactly what each job costs and start tracking your numbers

Third stay out of debt

Last make a plan with goals and build a team and execute your plan
Great thanks for the input! How many trucks does your company run? What is the aversion to debt? Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom