Gucci rug studio

Bob Foster

Eat your heart out Randy Hyde and Bryan O'Haleck....

You too Lisa Wagner

Rugstudio3.jpg

rugstudio.jpg

Well since were posting photos of how to hack rugs out, here are a few I did today. No big deal on these synthetic rugs (polypropelene). They were even urine free for a change so all I had to do was shampoo, rinse, extract, and dry. If the rug has extensive pet damage I will submerge it and flush longer. Two of the rugs just need a good vacuum and then spray and suck. I prefer to use a plain hose and squeegee first and then rinse with the pressure hose if there is urine. I had already worked on this rug for a while before shooting this video. The majority of the soil was around the edge. When I first hit it with the pressure hose black soil just poured out. There is no way I could have sucked all that out with a hose and wand. So what you are seeing is relatively clean.

3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODPBF-0Ggbs3]

harryhides

Name
Tony
So where are the empty jugs of vinegar ??

Hack.

Couldn't have been one of Bob's jobs in Victoria - sun was shining.

Bob Foster

Erik said:
Bob how thick is that rug? It looks 2" 1970 shag.

I heard some faint barking from somewhere deep in the carpet pile and then a small dog came crawling out. It must have been the one that was pissing in it too.

Bob Foster

No, I still sub most of my good rugs to Dusty.

My shop was too full of crap so I had a nice clean piece of driveway and a nice day so I hacked it out. I supposed I could have thrown a poly drop sheet down.

Have you ever tried to vacuum one of these nylon long shag things? Well I dragged the vac over it 3 different directions.
Soaked it very heavy with lots of Judson QuatALot then let it dwell for 1/2 an hour
Then I extracted the Quat
Then I pre-sprayed with Judson 02 with a little quatAlot and some DD12 Fabreeze scent and let it dwell again
Dry stroked the crap out of it and force dried it top and bottom.
Rug to be delivered tomorrow AM.

The Mytee fan works very well.

CleanEvo

Actually Bob, I had a dog piss rug just like that last year and I got tired of trying to clean it inside, so I dragged it out on the driveway and pressure washed the shit out of it. Worked pretty good too, nothing like working out in the fresh air.

Bob Foster

Because of the amount of water I put thought it and the sun I used it to my advantage. But I should have put a plastic tarp under it. It never occurred to me to do it. It was old concrete and realitiviely clean.

Sure looks hillbilly like up there on the top though...

It actually came out very good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom