Guess why the mold appeard..

Mikey P

Administrator
PXL_20201106_190423875.jpg

Donwand

Supportive Member
Name
Brian
Was this caulk or grout that you removed? I have a similar job, but I am working with mildew on grout and none of my go-to products are budging it. Any suggestions on removing the mildew without removing the grout?

IMG_2109.JPG
IMG_2110.JPG

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Was this caulk or grout that you removed? I have a similar job, but I am working with mildew on grout and none of my go-to products are budging it. Any suggestions on removing the mildew without removing the grout?

View attachment 103344View attachment 103347
paint on some bleach based outdoor cleaner if you haven't tried already, it might take couple applications

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
It is Caulk. The reason I dislike it on floor perimeters

Caulk does not allow vapor transmission. will mildew from inside out. Not clean-able, must remove.

Grout does allow vapor transmission.

SGA does not allow vapor transmission

Mike, have you been back on white SGA shower floor perimeter you have done after a year that is used actively? Like this one that had know mildew issues on what appears like a good caulk install.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mikey P

Administrator
It is Caulk. The reason I dislike it on floor perimeters

Caulk does not allow vapor transmission. will mildew from inside out. Not clean-able, must remove.

Grout does allow vapor transmission.

SGA does not allow vapor transmission

Mike, have you been back on white SGA shower floor perimeter you have done after a year that is used actively? Like this one that had know mildew issues on what appears like a good caulk install.
Correct

The bottom door seal failed and was letting water collect under a bath mat right there

I've had two shallow SGA fixes pop out after a recent earth quake but no mold issues brought to my attention

Ron K

I'm not a Tile guy but grout isn't long and Stringy
unless you're drinking coffee and readin da paper!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom