Guici Pepsi sprayer thingy...

Bob Foster

http://www.pdsweb.net/prod/1396-5-Gal-S ... rsion.html

I'm thinking about one. Can you recharge the sprayer pressure with a 12vt compressor on your truck. If there is such a thing as a good 12v compressor does it charge up the Pepsi can relatively quick and up to the maximum needed pressure?

I want to use it for pre-spray on residential and 5000 sq ft and larger commercial work.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yes and yes

Clickity click

It's a little slow...there are better compressors out there. Lowe's has a new one.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
20lb Co2 tank & regulator, charges a pepsi sprayer in just a few seconds + carbonates (Jury is out if this actually does help, IMO it speeds up dwell time)

Costs 20 bucks to refill, charges up my sprayer 100+ times.

Will also power Air tools and fill up tires in an emergency. Witch I used on the side of the road a few weeks ago, used my impact wrench to remove the 8 lug nuts in seconds, and air up my spare tire that had deflated.

Thinking about buying a small 5lb aluminum co2 tank to take with me in to the huge comm. jobs I do.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
30 bucks for the little compressor.

You plug it in before you knock on the door....or before you vacuum (because I know Bob Vacuums right?) and by the time you come back out it's charged.

You can set it to shut off at 100psi or whatever so it won't atom bomb on you or anything.

Bob, remember to only fill a 5 gallon container with 4 gallon of solution....but you probably knew that.

That black and decker has a both 12v car and 120v house (in the same unit)......or whatever it is in Canada.

I used it for a while until I finally landed on the spray set up I have now.....which I love.

I did, however hook up a 70 psi pump to the can and used that. Worked really well. But you have a longer hose on it and set it by the front door or outlet......sill, I liked it better than the compressed air.

Compressed air is inconsistent. The pump makes for an even flow and won't foam the juice.
As you get to the last of the juice with compressed air it's like listening to my 72 year old father pee.

You make the call.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Can someone explain the joys to me of pepsi sprayers???

4 gal x 8 pounds = 32 pounds + ten (15?) pounds for the tank 'n hardware ...
so who wants to tote 45 pounds up stairs to spray Mrs Phiff's bed rms??
(ya'll "start" at the top, right?)

who wants additional gear (compressor) just to use a sprayer?
That starts out with plenty pressure but steady decreases til empty.
a pump up would be better..at least you can keep same psi.

who wants to fill a sprayer, complete job that only needs 3 gal, then go to the next job that needs 2 gal?
Lets stop, refill AND plug in the compressor to recharge .
Not mention if you need more than 4 gal for a job.
Now you just increased your time for a simple refill

If someone needs 4 gal capacity, why wouldn't someone just buy a Multi-Sprayer and an additional jug?
4 gal of juice ready to roll in a compact easy to use, easy to carry set up.

... the pepsi sprayer thing..They were a "board de-jour" phenom about 6-8(?) years ago.
i just don't get it...never have, never will :roll:

..L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The idea is to have a portable sprayer without the battery etc.

That's all we used with Chem-Dry in the beginning (with CO2) but we had the 70ft hose and left the tank and compresser near the door plugged into a wall........so yes, the pump is a better idea....I agreed with that one.

But.......Here is my sprayer again. I really like the injection sprayer for prespraying. I can do a couple houses with one jug. Plus the jugs are small (shut up Bawb) enough to have a few to switch out for different mixes etc.

I just hook up my garden hose to the house,hook the hose to my pretty hose for the indoors and that hooks to my injections sprayer. Never have to refill at a house other than to start maybe.

Here's a pic...Love it...Maybe $175.00 total if I remember right....maybe closer to $200.00 because I put pressure sprayer fittings on it as to not restrict water flow.

sprayer.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Plus no electricity or compressed air. On a hot day the juice is warm by the time it gets to the carpet. lol

Simple set up.....quick set up....and very little down time.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
yea, i saw you're McPhearson rig

just what I'm looking for in a sprayer...more hoses to hook up and drag thru the house and then tear down to put away
sounds real efficient to me... :lol: :lol:

..L.T'A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Oh and if a hose pops....it's just water.....unless the sprayer hose pops...but there is hardley enough psi to make that happen.

I was surprised how well it worked...the key is to keep the water flow open. It was a disaster the first time I tried it. Not good at all.

But then I spoke with a veteran Mikey's Boarder and aewsome cleaner and person...who helped me get it right.

If you have a TM...this is a better option because you dont have to run your machine to prespray....you also don't have to turn down the heat while prespraying.

If you have a 2 man crew, one can use the sprayer while the other wands without interupting his cleaning any.

I can go on and on....and usually do.
shiteatinggrin

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The main down point is the psi isn't steady from house to house so the mix might get effected.

AND it's not as much PSI as I would like...I'm working on getting more volume to the sprayer...maybe a bigger hose to the sprayer??

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
meAt said:
yea, i saw you're McPhearson rig

just what I'm looking for in a sprayer...more hoses to hook up and drag thru the house and then tear down to put away
sounds real efficient to me... :lol: :lol:

..L.T'A.

What more hoses? Most hook up a garden hose anyway unless you have a huge fresh tank.

The hose for the house is small and rolls up easy.

It beats the hell out of switching jugs out of a multi sprayer 2 or 3 times in a big house.

Plus you have the power cord to deal with etc.

Come on Meat....am I right or am I right??

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have 3 seperate sprayers per truck 3 hydroforce and 6 spraymasters. Easy capeasy you want protection hook it up, you want DD 12 hook it, prespray hook it up. No emptying, know run offs. Simple.

If I were going pepsi sprayer and I had a compressor at the shop I would make it easy on myself and buy the tank I showed for $25 or you can retrofit an old propane tank even cheaper. Plenty of air all day long. Quick fills of air just buy turning the valve.

Air compressor hooked up to your van can cause problems. Have a triple A membership for when you forget something and your battery to the van is dead

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Good points Greg

Yet another reason I like my sprayer set up.

Larry, can I use the phrase "soap on a rope"???? That was awesome!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Brian R said:
Come on Meat....am I right or am I right??

hell no
and not even 1/2 of the time
about ANYDAMNTHING

and if you want more volume with HF, put a larger FLOW jet in it
You can buy mega flow TeeJets at the farm supply store...
They'll be on the pegboard with the ag sprayer stuff

..L.T.A.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Brian, that looks like a total pain in the ass. Meat and myself use the old Hydroforce 12 volt sprayer. You fill it up, carry it in and start spraying. Holds 3 gallons of prespray and it's slotted down the middle to hold a gallon jug of deo or protector. To bad the geniuses at Hydroforce quit making them. They can still be found but it's getting harder. Someone like Mytee needs to duplicate the design.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Tit for tat.

All you have to do is hook the hose to the house and you're good to go.

Like said....you will probably hook up a hose anyway.

Easy hose managment compared to having to fill more often, charging etc.

To each his own I guess.

Bob Foster

AshleyMckendree said:
20lb Co2 tank & regulator, charges a pepsi sprayer in just a few seconds + carbonates (Jury is out if this actually does help, IMO it speeds up dwell time)

Costs 20 bucks to refill, charges up my sprayer 100+ times.

Will also power Air tools and fill up tires in an emergency. Witch I used on the side of the road a few weeks ago, used my impact wrench to remove the 8 lug nuts in seconds, and air up my spare tire that had deflated.

Thinking about buying a small 5lb aluminum co2 tank to take with me in to the huge comm. jobs I do.

Can you post some pictures of your CO2 charging system etc.

Thanks.

Walt

KevinL said:
Brian, that looks like a total pain in the ass. Meat and myself use the old Hydroforce 12 volt sprayer. You fill it up, carry it in and start spraying. Holds 3 gallons of prespray and it's slotted down the middle to hold a gallon jug of deo or protector. To bad the geniuses at Hydroforce quit making them. They can still be found but it's getting harder. Someone like Mytee needs to duplicate the design.

Ditto on that. Ive had one cor 6 years - its looking a little beat up. Do you know where I can get another one?

Chris A

Name
Chris
I agree on the Multis, except I use the 110 ones, and installed a little longer cord. I have one thats 10 years old and another thats 15, just replace the pumps every couple years...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Walt said:
KevinL said:

Ditto on that. Ive had one cor 6 years - its looking a little beat up. Do you know where I can get another one?

Have you guys ever used a hydroforce off of your TM? What was the issue with that?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom