Gum Removal

When I was a kid I accidentally got chewing gum in my hair while taking a bath. The gum got really sticky since it was wet. I was scared to let anyone know and tried removing it myself. This just complicated things. Gum was everywhere (wall, my skin, hair).

My mom had a crazy idea and put peanut butter in my hair and it dissolved the gum in seconds and washed right out.

I'm not saying you should put peanut butter on a carpet, but it was just a thought. If the gum was removed from my hair that easy, I can only imagine how easy it would be to remove it from carpet after applying a small amount of pb and working it in.

I know you will say to use a citrus spotter, but I am going to try it out on a scrap piece of carpet. I think it is going to work better than the citrus gel.

leesenter

peanut butter works great. Used it for years before the gels came out.
Make sure you do the gum first and use a good prespray on the spots the peanut butter was on.

Able 1

Name
Keith
And don't use the chunky stuff...

It would look great next to the fels and sally's in my spot bucket though..

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
leesenter said:
peanut butter works great. Used it for years before the gels came out.
Make sure you do the gum first and use a good prespray on the spots the peanut butter was on.

Lee, what's in PB that does it?

and would peanut oil be just as effective?

is it more effective than citrus gel?

..L.T.A.

Gum is no problem for Exclude. The best gum remover I have used.
exclude.jpg
Poke a few holes in the gum, apply Exclude, wait 10-15 seconds and extract with hot water.

BillC

Save some money and go to WalMart or any computer store and get a can of compressed air. Hold the can upside down and spray the gum for a few seconds and then use a scrapper on the gum. It will break apart and then vacuum. I have been doing this for over 13 years..

Name
Bruce
Ok , understood. Seems like something like this would be better for that type of gum removing.

3613887_id.jpg

KOOSER55

I bought a can of spray called frosty from interlink but i havent used it yet. does anyone use it?

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I have used the exclude gum remover too, works good. Their paint remover is great also.

Those aerosol sprays for gum removal are designed for hard surfaces. They suck on carpet. The gum is still sticky only cold and hard. Citrus gel works good. I haven't tried pb but like I said if it can remove gum easily from your hair then it has to remove gum from carpet.

leesenter

Larry, the oil of the peanut butter emulsifies the gum allowing it to be scraped off easily.

We have stopped using it, Citrus Gel rocks IMO.

woodsey

You can probably get alot of peanut butter real cheep right now. I dont think carpets mind salmanilla. Woodsey

Back
Top Bottom