Guys, what do you want to see in here?

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
For this room to be successful it needs to meet the demands of the reader.

As such, we want your feedback.

Marc has raised the issue a few times that the stuff we're posting about is often over the heads of most.

If that is the case, then we're missing the primary purpose of this room.

In this thread, PLEASE tell us what you need help with. What aren't you confident at? What don't you understand?

Between myself, harry, Steve, Tony, Marc and lots of others here there's a massive wealth of experience and knowledge and we all have different strengths to level out each others weaknesses and learn together.

We'd really value your imput. If there's nothing bothering you at the moment, tell us what you have found helpful or how you judge the 'success' of this room to date?

John

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Absolutely not. The stuff we talk about is everyday fact. It is just another artillery added to there arsenal. We all learn somewhere. Well as john ,Marc and Steve as well as Tony . I could say it is an easy challenge. It could be easy as well for you. :D

harryhides

Name
Tony
I agree with Harry - it's all a matter of perception - and Marc is from Nu Joisy
so you can't blame him.

One of the most frequent responses I hear when people see my work with Leather or color repair is:

Yes, but I could NEVER do that !
Because in their own minds it MUST be really difficult and complicated which of course it isn't.

Riding a unicycle seems impossibly difficult to most and yet we all felt exactly that way about mastering a regular bike without the training wheels until one day we "got it". It just took a bit of practice.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
What I have already learned is that I am sure I can do repairs.
When I bought my first house, it needed a lot of work. I had no idea how to fix anything. A few people showed me a thing or two and I went on to be able to fix just about anything in the house. I even added a room to that house.
I used to view repairs as something I couldn't do, but now I am willing to start messing with a few things.
Keep posting and if something seems over my head, I will ask questions and I am not afraid to ask the dumb ones.
Thanks.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Even if the topics discussed are over some of our heads it is still a good tool cause most of us will eventually run into a situation like it in the future. If someone needs to know about an easy repair all they have to do is ask. As a distributor I find this room great because it gives me a lot of info on doing repairs when I don't get the chance to learn it in the field. Thanks guys!

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Chris just ask us . We are here to help. This is what I find funny in a way. Automobiles . I know we are all men . When we need to fix something we say it looks simple a couple bolts or a few wires. Than dammit it is a nightmare. SAME THING HERE. but we are here to help. Nothing is over anybodies head it is just misunderstood . A little learning will take care of that. WHY? A simple question was not asked.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom