Guys with wicking issues and the 360i

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
While working for BLUEline I had the opportunity to clean with many guys. In many cities I would go do some jobs with a cleaning company so they could clean with our equipment in the "REAL" world. What I found was ( IMO) most guys cant run a wand correctly. I haven't had a spot come back or anything wick on me in years. ( Knock on wood, nobody can claim that forever ) I call all my jobs after to double check. I think improper wand technique or screwed up jets cause 95% of all wicking, or streaking. I also think most cleaners clean too fast.

IMO the wand should only be triggered on the back stroke. The water should hit the carpet and flow directly thru the fiber and into the wand. If you jet on the forward stroke you are just wetting the carpet. I think this is the most important on CGD. A good amount of prespray ( I don't think pump up sprayers are good for prespray, I am a Hydraforce believer) slowing down, only moving the wand over about 4 inches each stroke and a good vac pass will take care of most wicking problems. I also run air movers. A post pad is also great. I have cleaned with many guys in my area and those that change there wand strokes have illiminated wicking issues.

I have only had 1 carpet streak with the 360i and I had a plugged jet. I clean thick pile carpet with it all the time and never have a problem. Again it just needs to be slowed down. If the carpet is hammered I clean side to side and up and back. If you move it too fast it streaks. If I need to move faster the RX is what I pull out.

The 360i is still my favorite. I love not breaking a sweat while cleaning carpet. It is NOT for the fast cleaners needing to get in and out of a house. However, I have an old RX20 that has cleaned millions of sq. feet in its life. ( no joke ) and it is still running strong. The 360i is no way going to last that long. Not built tough enough. I am excited for the HOSS. It may be the best of both worlds.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
my RX has taken a beating and is the only piece of equipment that I haven't had to make a repair, thing must be 11/12 years old

the most problems I have had with wicking is spots that were not there before cleaning but have appeared after cleaning, in most cases it is a home owner that bought the house used and doesn't have a history on the carpet

I'm back to using a hydraforce, key the wand forward and back, overlap about 2/3 stroke vacuum stroke and 1/2 on wet pass

You Da The man Adam

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
right there with you Adam, most guys don't have good technique and cause their own problems.
can't remember the last time i had a wicking problem on any type of carpet.

gene

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
GeneMiller said:
right there with you Adam, most guys don't have good technique and cause their own problems.

gene

ditto

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
GeneMiller said:

gene

Is that due to your wanding....ding... ding... ding, technique perfection or early set dimentia? :p

I've been doing almost all jobs wet on both forward and backward motions and hardly ever had a call back.
It must be the shoes!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
can't remember when the last time I had any wicking problem.....

as far as streaking.only with the 360i...no matter how slow or what pattern is used...

I here that guys with portables are the ones that have it made with the 360i..not enough pull to suck it down tight to the higher pile carpets...machines that have the really good vacuum are the ones that are streaking because it pulls the 360 down to close to the floor.....

wand never streaks.....RX never streaks....no matter how hard they lock down....its all in the hight.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom