Had A Conversation Today.......

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
With an ex carpet cleaner that worked for one of the BIG national companies. He's a recovering drug addict, along with alchohol just for the extra boost. He explained that you would not believe how many are out there....working in custys houses. He even admitted to "raiding" the medicine cabinets in homes to find the drugs they needed while cleaning in the homes.

There seems to be a huge increase in prescription drugs being written by Drs, and that is hooking those patients into a life of dependency. Xanax, sleeping pills, Vics, and on and on.

Any experience here with this stuff???

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
My best freind is a guitar technician for.... name it. He's done everyone from The Doobie Brothers to Nine Inch Nails.

These guys on the road live on busses. They get paid very...very well (2-3K a week plus per diem), and have Doctors that come weekly that will prescribe aaaaaanything.

Vicodin crushed with Redbull is the big one on the road. The energy from the drink(s) and the pain killer is apparently a rush.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
An area doctor on trial. Report says that over a 5 year period, he saw 80 to 125 patients per day. That is one patient every 4 or 5 minutes. $70 each. Each got a prescription for pain killer.

S

sam miller

I take 4 200 miligram Ibuprofen for my back now and then.

I have a custy whos hooked on prescription drugs every time I go I say my back hurts and she say's I have Vicaden If ya want some?

I'm like no thanks Its not that bad! people love thier pills.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
my friend's wife's brother was taking prescription meds and took alcohol with it.
Whatever he did, basically gave him a stroke or something like that. No short term memory, he's been in a care home for 19yrs and won't be getting out alive.

Dr's keep "practicing". And people think they know better.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
rwcarpet said:
With an ex carpet cleaner that worked for one of the BIG national companies.
He's a He explained that you would not believe how many are out there..

sounds like the UAW auto plants , don't it RW?? :lol:

..L.T.A.

Ron K

So then the question is....... What's worse Prescription drugs or home made/grown alternatives?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
meAt said:
rwcarpet said:
With an ex carpet cleaner that worked for one of the BIG national companies.
He's a He explained that you would not believe how many are out there..

sounds like the UAW auto plants , don't it RW?? :lol:

..L.T.A.

Hey, Larry.......you know what used to go on in those plants! After lunch break, guys would have the same problems with their jobs.......only they'd see them through a different eye! The Coke can fake liner was the biggest hit. It was a Coke label that would fit perfectly around a beer can. Those auto workers really liked their Coke!

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Scott W said:
An area doctor on trial. Report says that over a 5 year period, he saw 80 to 125 patients per day. That is one patient every 4 or 5 minutes. $70 each. Each got a prescription for pain killer.

Scott....Southern Ohio is the "Hotbed" of pain clinics in the Midwest. There are 100's of pain pill clinics down there. 10 minutes in and out. Vics, Oxi's, Percs.......

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
rwcarpet said:
The Coke can fake liner was the biggest hit. It was a Coke label that would fit perfectly around a beer can. Those auto workers really liked their Coke!

i had one.
the Biggie Pop fountain drink cups with lid and straw worked bedder .. :lol:

here's one true story from my dayz at Chrysler;

At the time this happened, I was a forklift operator outside on the back pad .
(where we stored excess empty racks/containers)

One of the material handlers on the rail shipping dock came out back and asked me to bring in an empty CC3 (a steel sided container used for misc parts) to track 4 QUICK, cause he found something in a box car .

I forked an empty and met him at the box car .
he opened the door and there it was .....a WHOLE PALLET...no, not a "case" but a PALLET of Corona beer :shock:

we cut the pallet shrink wrap and loaded the booty in the container
Then I hustled it outback and stacked it with the damaged CC3's
....no drivers were allowed to use damaged CC3's, so i knew it wouldn't get forked by the indoor drivers that came out on the pad for empties .... 8)

with the help of a Millwright friend, we got a key for the dry-ice machine and were drinking FREE ice cold cervezas for a few weeks !gotcha!

my vida loco... :lol: :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Hey Larry, did you work in twinsburg? My grandfather was a tool and die maker from the 60sis through 89. My old man even worked there for about two weeks.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Chris Adkins said:
Hey Larry, did you work in twinsburg? .

YEP
'77 to '90
I may or may not of known your Grandfather, but likely would know his face .
i did a lot of different jobs at the shop (I was an "all purpose ace" on the forks and heavy equipment for most of my time there)

I drove forks and/or operated heavy equipment in every dept of the shop.

if he was die maker that serviced the press lines, I'm sure I'd recognize him.
If he worked in the die crib/repair area , pretty likely I know him from there too, cause i hauled dies to and from the die crib/tool repair

That was pretty cool job the year i did that.
i drove a D-9 Caterpillar with hard rubber tracks ...That was the biggest baddest piece of equipment in the shop as you'd rumble down the isle pulling dies as big as a living room

..L.T.A.

Chris A

Name
Chris
He's a big tall german dude, everybody called him Mike at work

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom