Greg Crowley
I like to wait out commercials. DVR is a good friend

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Zee said:
rhino1 said:
You do know that QD on the end of the hose is quite handy and deadly at about 3 feet. End of argument.

That's funny, as I thought about that before... Just disconnect from wand or hydroforce give it a few feet in length and swing away! That damn thing teaches a lesson quick- I learned the hard way not realizing that it was disconnected when reeling it up and it swung at me..Almost broke my arm!

If you are quick enough you could also get your pressure line around a person and squeeze away and yank it, the person is on the ground in a blink where you can be on top or you can jus stand over him and the tube end of the wand diggin in his face.

I have many other ways to picture self protection with what is available during a routine carpet cleaning job. And I won't even start the chemical warfare that could go down quickly. Like a sprayer head unscrewed from citrusolve bottle (while talking/arguing with a would be attacker) and poured at the persons eyes or same thing with 40volume.

I guess some of the training with the NATO background pays off. I've seen Jimmy naked

that made me think of a movie.....

if you dont want to watch the 1st bit.....scroll to the 2 minute mark :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

z]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caZcVEx4eHIz]

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I think you handled it pretty well, considering you don't get time to think when someone confronts you in a home.

Consider this though:
The guy comes over to talk and you can't hear him knock, so he follows the hose. Logical move on his part.

He tells you you're making too much noise, which is the start of a conversation. You can walk him back outside and ask where he lives. Then see if adjusting how your truck is parked or shutting the doors might help. If there's nothing you can do let him know you'll finish and shut down as quick as you can and thank him for putting up with the noise just a little longer. He's now outside and feels like you at least GAS.

If he still insists you shut down you can let him know that you're pretty sure you're within the legal limits for noise during those hours of the day, and he's welcome to complain to authorities, but you have to get back to work. Don't push this too hard though, because if you look up the municiple noise regulations you might find you'll get ticketed and shut down if your truck can be heard 75 feet away. Some noise regs are way tougher than you might think even during daylight hours.

Becker

Name
Becker
Case by case Bryan.

He came in already charged up. Yelling. Telling me I need to stop what I'm doIng.

It was a small 2 bedroom condo.

It was not the machine sound it was the process as he was directly under.

Russian guy. Short stocky guy.

When I saw him I 1st said. With a smile. Hi. Can I help you? The. He torn into me.

I feel good about how I dealt with it.

F

FB7777

The most believe able reaction in this thread was Jimmy's

The rest of you Internet street warriors crack me up

Excellent response Bryan

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
quote="Becker"]Case by case Bryan.

He came in already charged up. Yelling. Telling me I need to stop what I'm doIng.

It was a small 2 bedroom condo.

It was not the machine sound it was the process as he was directly under.

Russian guy. Short stocky guy.

When I saw him I 1st said. With a smile. Hi. Can I help you? The. He torn into me.

I feel good about how I dealt with it.[/quote]

You handled it well. no blows were thrown. nobody was arrested. no damage was done to your equipment or the customers home. Sounds like a win to me.
Brian had some good points but it is easy to analyze these things when you dont have the adrenaline flowing.

mcatt

Name
Mike
You did exactly what a grown up does in that situation. He certainly should not have touched you but if you retaliated and decked him, you may have broke things in the clients home, you may have broke your hand that you work with, you might break his jaw or whatever and pay for that, and very likely end up in jail. Good job with being the bigger man.

Name
Yohance
I agree you did the correct thing. But just out of curiosity I wonder if he would have done that with me? A 300 pound 6/2 black guy changes a lot of so called tough guys minds. Never had something like this happen in my 14 years. Guy is lucky because there are some very unstable carpet cleaners that would have handled this situation poorly.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I dunno lots of crazies out there. I'm glad Becker is still here breathing you just never know and in those times I'm glad this is my Friend who never leaves my side
DisplayPic.aspx

Becker

Name
Becker
trojancarpetcare said:
I agree you did the correct thing. But just out of curiosity I wonder if he would have done that with me? A 300 pound 6/2 black guy changes a lot of so called tough guys minds. Never had something like this happen in my 14 years. Guy is lucky because there are some very unstable carpet cleaners that would have handled this situation poorly.

1st time for me, besides a time I was doing a blockbuster store at midnight years ago.

Guy came in with a valid complaint of noise. But he come in starts yelling at this cute little store manager. She was trying to deal with him. I stepped between them after he started poking her with his finger that he had been waving at her in his rant.

I more or less told him to get out of the store or I was going to show him the door. He left saying he was calling police. They came as I was reeling up.
They had a little talk with him about entering a closed store and to watch his finger.
The next month I started doing that store at 6am. Legal, turns out the guy would have perfected midnight.

I'm not a big guy. About 6 1. 175 180.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Russians are nasty little bastards. Should have kiled him like Jimmy said. He's probably plotting to include your nuts in his next pot of borsht I've seen Jimmy naked

Connor

Name
Connor
trojancarpetcare said:
I agree you did the correct thing. But just out of curiosity I wonder if he would have done that with me? A 300 pound 6/2 black guy .

He would have called the police and said you were causing trouble, duh.

hogjowl

Idiot™
You did the right thing. As evidenced by many of the above posts, many carpet cleaners are not very intelligent. You showed that you are not only intelligent, but have sound judgement.

Good for you.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
well played Becker.
For all the bravado talked about here, you don't know the guy or what he is capable of or if he had been packing or how obsessive he might be later on, tracking you down. Too many unknowns.

Ivan C.

I would have handled it the same way if I had my company polo on and have my service truck with me. I can be a hot head and have a temper and would have just assumed grab him by the throat and just push him out the door, but I would never do anything like that with my company shirt on. Even though he trespassed and started trouble, it would end up on the news or in the paper that a local carpet cleaner attacked a poor bystander at his own home. So you did handle it correctly

randy

Name
Randy
Nice job Becker, you did well. I wonder where all these wackadoos fly in from. I would be scared to just walk in someone else's home. Great way to get shot. I can see more cleaners carrying a small .380 or seacamp 9mm on the job the way things are going. For night work I carry a full size glock but have never carried on residentials except unoccupied dwelling at night or in rough neighborhoods.

Maybe it's time for a Mikey's board logoed ankle holster.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom