Half the membership has spoken...

Mikey P

Administrator
Stats show that 323 out of the 612 members here have posted at least once.

Do any of you have suggestions or ideas on how to get the other 289 turtles to loosen up?

To the Lurkers of the group:

Only those who have learned the power of sincere and selfless contribution experience life's deepest joy: true fulfillment.
-Tony Robbins

Now if that cornball gets it why don't YOU?

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
That's pretty good numbers.

Give them time. Once intimidation factor diminishes more will jump in. Also, seeing dumb posts from me will help them get out of their shell..LOL.

I bet the greetings posts by Jimmy and others are helping as well.

Albert

G

Some simple statistics on number of posts here....

Mean(average per poster) - 24.08
Median(half the posters more/half less) - 1
Mode(most common number) - 0

If ya remove Mikey's posts the mean goes to 20.17 and the others remain the same.

I'm not gonna spend the time to run Standard Deviation and other stuff.

TELL YOUR FRIENDS!!!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's excellent! 8)

As a former lurker for 6-months, I was afraid I wouldn't post correctly.

I also was concerned I was not part of the group, at the time Jimmy & Marty were going at it pretty hard on Cleanfax. :lol:

It they would just post once or twice they would get the hang of it!
:D

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
What % of the membership visits the site regularly? I'd say this is probably a more important question. The more time people spend here the more they'll post.

Ed Hartman

Seems lurkers just don't want to post in general. I can't say I have seen any "baits" that work to bring them out of the closet. Post a "poll" question and some will click

Billy

Name
BH
Wow Mikey we must have been thinking alike I was just looking at this stuff last night.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
There are givers and takers in this world.
The takers are the scum bags who have no character in life.

G

I don't know you care everyone posts. I don't think it is really important.

Dave

harryhides

Name
Tony
Because if everyone was a Lurker there's be no reason to visit any bulletin boards, you stoopit BUTTWAD !!

And besides I'd like to hear about the experiences of some others besides the usual crowd of scary folks like you who are so caustic, cryptic and darn right scary it's a wonder anyone posts here with the likes of you just waiting to pounce on any little mistake they make.

You and Jimmy were the reason I didn't start posting until I realized just how full of it you both were. I first thought "how rude!! " but once in a while you both actually make some good points and are good for the occasional laugh.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Well Harold I'm glad you are starting to come out of your shell.
Now its time for you to go to your room and get ready for your shock treatments.

John Bolton

Most of the BB's I visit would be VERY happy with those statistics!

The way I look at it, if the lurkers are learning whilst reading then hopefully general standards within the industry stand a chance of improving.

Reactions: Charles Anhalt

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I agree with John. People will post either when they feel they have something to contribute or someone strikes a chord.

I tend to not post on a lot of threads because by the time I have read the thread someone has already posted exactly what my thoughts were on the subject and I see no reason to just regurgitate what has already been said.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Nothing ventured ...nothing gained.

Who cares what others think of you.

Fon Johnson

Wheeeew! I thought Scott had been reading MY posts. :oops:

Now that Jimmy is in the equation, it makes sense. :lol:

Mikey P

Administrator
I guess I'm the wrong person to comment on Lurkers.

Total posts: 2409
[16.28% of total / 28.34 posts per day]
Find all posts by Mikey P

F

FB7777

those figures sound pretty good, over 50% have contributed at least one post.

There's countless reasons why members haven't posted. Shyness and insecurity or how about the possibility that they came here and thought the board sucked.

Whats the concern anyways oh Chairman of the Mikey board?

Are the numbers down, do interested parties only look at participants and not overall membership?

You don't actually expect us to believe that you sincerely think that everyone that has signed up should contribute do you?

Mikey P

Administrator
No I don't Fred.

If we can keep it at 50/50 that would be great.

I am just surprised to see guy's who are very verbal on ICS or CCS the dont say squat here.

Greenie

"I am just surprised to see guy's who are very verbal on ICS or CCS the don't say squat here."

Cause the bullshitters will be called on the carpet.

Unfortunately many newbies and lurkers get roped into their BS before they are exposed. It hurts the industry.

If you know for a fact someone is full of it (besides Jimmy) it is your duty to call them out.

I called out Mikey for not prevac'in and scrubbin' every job.
Who is next?

Scott Rogers

I dont prevac every job either. It takes longer to pre vac then to clean. I only prevac if there are visible debris on the carpet a few pieces I will just cuff but more then that I will run the vac . The RotoVac digs so much crud out of the carpet I am confidant in its ability.

Last year when I was prevacing every job and running a inline filter I would still fill the filter in 2 rooms so as far as I am concerned I was wasting my time.

Dumped the filter and vac only as needed. I am still just as happy with the finished product and so are my customers.

Buzzbac

As a guy who is just startin out in the CC business i find its better to listen more an talk less..2 ears 1 mouth bein used in that proportion...
Have to say ive got a great resource in this board and as I apply what im learnin ill be in a better position to contribute.....

In the meantime many thanks to all the guys who share their knowledge with this rookie.

Not Lurkin..just Learnin

Buzzbac

Reactions: Charles Anhalt

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom