Hand in the urine

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Picked up a bunch of really heavy thick wool rugs today. While rolling one of them up I accidentally stuck my hand in some wet cat urine. It took me by surprise. I immediately washed my hands, then went back to rolling up the monster rug.

There were 10 rugs total collected. I blew out my lower back loading them into my van. Marty will probably say I’m complaining. I call it sharing.

All these rugs are thick wool and made in Hawaii. Since they came from a home with 6 cats, they’re all soaked in urine. I’ll take some pics tomorrow.

• Love
Reactions: BIG WOOD and FredC

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Picked up a bunch of really heavy thick wool rugs today. While rolling one of them up I accidentally stuck my hand in some wet cat urine. It took me by surprise. I immediately washed my hands, then went back to rolling up the monster rug.

There were 10 rugs total collected. I blew out my lower back loading them into my van. Marty will probably say I’m complaining. I call it sharing.

All these rugs are thick wool and made in Hawaii. Since they came from a home with 6 cats, they’re all soaked in urine. I’ll take some pics tomorrow.

Gloves my child...gloves

Ron K

Are you rolling or folding them. Folding some rugs allows you to use a hand truck. Do you have room for heavier rugs in your van. Ten rugs and a TM that can be a major hassle.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Are you rolling or folding them. Folding some rugs allows you to use a hand truck. Do you have room for heavier rugs in your van. Ten rugs and a TM that can be a major hassle.
I gots room. I can fit a 12' wide rolled up rug.

0E57C235-1777-4204-8625-F5E714ACB78C.jpeg

Reactions: hogjowl

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I can remember helping a customer into our lobby with their rug. I threw it up on my shoulder and was rewarded with a wet ear... urine!!
I've done that many times. Left with a piss tattoo on my shoulder the rest of the day.

Usually had to throw my shirt in the washer to get the stink off me. Sitting there in my office in my t shirt wondering why the customer didn't warn me. 🙁

Did I mention I hate cleaning rugs? 🥴

Ron K

I gots room. I can fit a 12' wide rolled up rug.
Dammon get some string or ropes Roll up the rugs as tight as possible then tie them up.
Don't roll rug pad up with rugs, it makes it much worse. Cut little 3X6 rectangles of rug pad and put them between the rug and the string just little protection for really heavy rugs. I'll try to find a photo of a shelf I had in my old truck to show you what I mean.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Dammon get some string or ropes Roll up the rugs as tight as possible then tie them up.
Don't roll rug pad up with rugs, it makes it much worse. Cut little 3X6 rectangles of rug pad and put them between the rug and the string just little protection for really heavy rugs. I'll try to find a photo of a shelf I had in my old truck to show you what I mean.
Yeah, I usually remove all that garbage. the customer had those rolled up in the garage already. I just threw them in the van. She instructed me to throw the backings away.

Name
Evets
We picked up an 11 x 15 a couple of days ago that weighed around 300 lbs.
I'm pretty sure one person couldn't handle it.

Name
jack zerkie
Cleaned a white & purple high end area carpet. 12th floor of condo in Naples fl. The couples dog used it as a bath room. The carpet urine was easy to see. I had to use the porty boo but I used carpet details and it removed it ALL . but wait then she tells me that chem___ had cleaned the carpet two weeks past. They cleaned it at their shop returned it rolled it out and the urin was still there. Now thats intresting the late news late. I now have a new customer yea, Also last week had two blood jobs one lots of blood the other not as bad. Both cleaned great. Did not have to return a second time to reclean the blood. Once and gone. I know Carpet details isn't for all jobs but it works great on specialty jobs once and gone. Thank you Carpet Details. jz

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom