Hand-me-down Customers

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I cleaned some carpet for a customer of one of my friends who just dropped carpet cleaning because it wasn't making him any money. It turns out, he was $100 under what the price should've been on cleaning it. Plus, she nickled and dimed me during the job by adding stuff while I was cleaning.

So I was nice and stuck to his price for the first time. But during the job, I was slowly preparing her for the next time around if she wanted me to clean again. And once I told her my price NEXT time, she got pissed! She started talking down to me, telling me that it doesn't cost that much to clean, and the other guy never thought of going that high on price, blablabla.

And after 45 minutes of this "debate", I made it clear that the reason he wasn't here doing this is because he didn't make enough money to have a desire to offer this service anymore, and on the future invoice that I'll be charging her next year, I told her multiple times to call my competitors to check their prices.

Then we scheduled for the next cleaning. And I was trying to fire her also:frown:

Any similar handmedowns?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Why would you feel obligated to give her the same price as the last cleaner?
It's just wrong.
I understand the get your foot in the door approach but you got fudged.
I agree. But I had time to go inspect and give her an accurate price, but I made the foolish decision to assume it was reasonable to keep his price for the first time. 1month later (today), I see that I should’ve made a trip out there to look at it. Lesson learned

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Word to the wise................she will not call you again.
I hope she doesn’t. Look at one of the rooms I cleaned in this double wide trailer. That old woman probably had slaves hidden in her crawl space while I was cleaning. She’s making a fortune selling freakin curtains. There were 6 of these tables in this room and another room stacked full of rolls of fabric

94B68C31-B6E0-407F-A3A0-063B1CF784E6.jpeg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Somehow I get the feeling that a "Fortune" in Woodsville is about $750 a month.
I was exaggerating just a little. But every 5minutes she was walking up to me, giving me another sob story about how rough she has it. Normally, people that like to do that are trying to make themselves look pitiful so I’ll do the crap for free

Name
Jeff T
I cleaned some carpet for a customer of one of my friends who just dropped carpet cleaning because it wasn't making him any money. It turns out, he was $100 under what the price should've been on cleaning it. Plus, she nickled and dimed me during the job by adding stuff while I was cleaning.

So I was nice and stuck to his price for the first time. But during the job, I was slowly preparing her for the next time around if she wanted me to clean again. And once I told her my price NEXT time, she got pissed! She started talking down to me, telling me that it doesn't cost that much to clean, and the other guy never thought of going that high on price, blablabla.

And after 45 minutes of this "debate", I made it clear that the reason he wasn't here doing this is because he didn't make enough money to have a desire to offer this service anymore, and on the future invoice that I'll be charging her next year, I told her multiple times to call my competitors to check their prices.

Then we scheduled for the next cleaning. And I was trying to fire her also:frown:

Any similar handmedowns?
I put people like that on the DNR list.
DO NOT RESERVICE. The next time you clean, she’s going to argue the price again. It’s just not worth it. If they insist, we tell them we are booked out 8-9 weeks.... they get the point.... sort of..

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Jeff T
Had a “competitor” try to “give” me a LR to clean this week for $36.
I laughed and laughed and laughed.
I’ve got a guy trying to ‘sell’ me his company right now. He wants 80k for it. When I asked when the last job he did, and what the job average was, his reply was ‘I’ve taken the last 2 1/2 weeks off’, and then said job average for what’? His next question was ‘how do you winterize you’re TM’?
Yeah..... I’m going to pay 80k to not have the phone ring, buy a 23 year old TM, and service a non existent client list.....

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I’ve got a guy trying to ‘sell’ me his company right now. He wants 80k for it. When I asked when the last job he did, and what the job average was, his reply was ‘I’ve taken the last 2 1/2 weeks off’, and then said job average for what’? His next question was ‘how do you winterize you’re TM’?
Yeah..... I’m going to pay 80k to not have the phone ring, buy a 23 year old TM, and service a non existent client list.....
Give him Matt's number.
:stir:

Reactions: steve_64

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom