Hard Surface Spinner of Choice

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I am trying to get some input on Hard Surface Spinners. I currently have a Hydro-Force AW-42. I am wearing out the Brush bottom ring (due to a lot of concrete floor work lately on fire damages) Wondering if I were to look at buying another spinner what insight everyone could give me from their experience. This one seems a bit light duty for me.

Thanks!

Mark Saiger

TimP

Can't you get a replacement brush for it? I use a turbo hybrid and the brush/teflon ring are replaceable.

RickL

Mark I haven't used any spinner other than the Turbo Hybrid. But I do a lot of tile and grout and spend a fair amount of time on dirty grout.All reports seem to indicate that this is the best spinner for; ease of use, comfort and durability. I've read where several people have driven over them with their trucks and they still worked fine. So it was an easy choice for me but I don't currently a lot of concrete which might make a difference.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Thanks Rick,

I am researching right now. Can anyone give me info on the SX-12? My local distributor handles this (well 4 hours away most local)

Mark

Mark,

I have the sx-12 and it's a decent tool. I don't think it's nearly as heavy duty as a turbo hybrid, and it has a pretty high profile so it doesn't always get under counters, etc. I'm not familiar with the tool your using, but have a hard time believing the sx-12 would be an upgrade to many spinners out there. When I upgrade I'll be looking at the turbo hybrid, and I think it was PMF or CMP,not sure, had a good looking one on their website.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Sounds like I need to find a turbo hybrid. Any reccomendations where can get one. Don't know if I can find it locally.

Mark

Name
John LaBarbera
The Turboforce was the first practical spinner for "clean and capture". Mytee came out with one using a brush and a carbide swivel for longer life. We were sued by Prochem. They graciously put their patent in public domain. Mytee has added a vacuum release valve to its spinner. Turbo Force is a good spinner. I've met the owner, George Burns,( not to be confused with the dead guy) he's a real good guy and pretty smart,too. I consider him a friend of mine.

John

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Mark, if it's for concrete there is another spinner type tool for this. Don't know who makes it but it's metal and has wheels. Made for outdoor cleaning. Maybe get that one and a ring for your existing for indoors.

Albert

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Hi Mark;

I like the Turbo Hybrid design.

It can get down under shelving and gets closer to the wall than other designs.

The swivel is also a nice touch.

Larry Cobb

Gary T

I use the Turbo Hybrid and like it the best. The larger one is the Hyper Turbo. Both are more expensive than others especially the Hyper. If you don't do a lot of T&G you might consider another if you want to save a few bucks. If you do a lot, get the Turbo, you will never regret it.

Fred Homan

Give Rick Gelinas a call about the turbo hybrid. I recall them being $795.00 from him. Free shipping too.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington

Mark, AW42 is the part number for the Turbo spinner tool. They used to be sold by HydroForce but no longer made. We do have replacement brushes available.

The current version of the Turbo spinner tools has a lower profile by about 1 1/4" so it gets under the toe kick and other low places. The Turbo is designed to move side to side like a rotary machine.

The newest version of the SX-12 is lower than in the past, but still not as low as the Turbo. The center of the SX-12 has been reinforced to keep it from uscking down to the floor. The spinner valve on the SX-12 can be rebuilt instead of replaced and the spinner is an expensive part when it needs to be replaced. I think the valve on the SX-12 is a superior product to the one used by Turbo. The handle on the SX-12 is intended to be used in a forward and back motion like a vacuum cleaner. However, both machines can be manuvered in either fashion. The handle on the SX-12 will flex more than the Turbo when moving side to side. Some may see this as being not as strong, but really just a different design. The SX-12 has two vac hoses compared to the Turbo's one. This gives superior vacuum and less chance of loss of vacuum from a vac hose getting plugged up.

In my experience, those who are used to using a rotary or side to side swing machine tend to prefer using the Turbo. Those who have not used the swing machine find it easier to learn to use the SX-12.

Properly used, the Sx-12 will require less repair of movinf parts and hoses, but it can be damged if it is thrown around or has other equipment piled on top of it.

Your distributor should be able to let you try one out before you decide.

Scott Warrington
Scott Warrington

Gary T

Scott....Why do you think the Turbo is designed to move side to side? It isn't. I use it EVERY day, back and forth. It is a far superior tool than the Sx-12. Far superior vac and build. I have 2 and have never had a problem. I have used both tools and the turbo wins hands down.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Gary T said:
Scott....Why do you think the Turbo is designed to move side to side? It isn't. I use it EVERY day, back and forth. It is a far superior tool than the Sx-12. Far superior vac and build. I have 2 and have never had a problem. I have used both tools and the turbo wins hands down.

I was shown how to clean with the Turbo before there was an SX-12. I was shown by the distrubtor to use it in a side-to-side motion. I assumed this distributor knew how to use the tool. I never challenged the procedure shown in that first demo. If you use it every day back and forth, I'll take your word for it.

As to the vacuum, I have my doubts about turbo being superior. Just like 4 to the door for truckmounts, 2 vac lines have to move more air than a single vacuum port.

I have seen changes in how the SX-12 is built. Several small improvements in the last year. So if you haven't used a new machine, you are not comparing what someone could buy now. Maybe a matter of personal preference.

I don't have Turbo's sales figures, but I suspect Turbos do outsell the SX-12. That indicates some like the Turbo better. The most common difference Turbo users report to me is that they can get under things easier with the Turbo. That is true, but most of the floors I did, we did not have a lot of need to get under anything.

Scott Warrington

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Based purely on sales
#1 Turbo Hybrid 48 sold in 18 months and 68 rentals
#2 The Spinner by Mytee 14 in 18 months 24 rentals
#3 SX-12 0 Sold and 14 rentals

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
OK, John Olson called me on this and he is right. We do not have the BRUSH bottom for the old Turbo. We had that at one time, but it is out of stock and no longer available through our network.

We do have the hard plastic boot (bottom ring) for the old Turbo. These are still available, but not the brush.

Scott Warrington

Gary T

Scott, the distributor had no clue at all. It was demonstrated for me by the guy who invented the thing, back and forth. You should know after all these years that most salespeople don't know dick. I'm sure the guy thought because the handle looks like a swing machine's handle that the Turbo must operate like a swing machine.

charlie brown

Re: Gary T

Gary T: With the Hybrid. When is a brush more of an advantage then the plastic ring.
What blower are you using?
Does the brush, or ring get closer to the baseboards?
" " " raise it up to much to get under most toe kicks.?
Is the the brush better not to scratch floors, as might happen with the ring getting small sharp debris in the vac slots?
Is the brush better on flag stone (more uneven and rough) then then ring?
Which is beter for stone Brush or ring? CB

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Thanks for all the input everyone. I did settle on a Hybrid and ordered it today. I sure do appreciate all the information. Absolutely fantastic info!

Mark

Name
John LaBarbera
Mytee's Spinner Brush fits the old Turbo Force. Just call Customer Service if you need one, we have them in stock.

John

Greenie

since this is now a sales thread, GreenGlides makes a plastic replacement ring for the original black turbo. And I'm glad to see mytee makes a brush ring for it, I can now help more customers. Is it teh same ring as on the Redline Spinner John?

Gary T

Charlie Brown:
The brush ring is a must for scratchable(stone) floors and uneven floors. Many have scratched marble with the hard ring.

I have a 36 blower with the "Greenie" 2.5" upgrade. I can run at much lower rpm and sometimes have to to keep the thing from sticking to the floor.

There is no difference between the rings in getting closer to baseboards. The height is about the same for both rings.

I rarely use the hard ring anymore since the vac upgrade.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom