Has anyone seen this before??

CleanEvo

A builder put down that self tacking clear carpet runner designed to protect the carpet from paint and spills during finishing. His guys actually left it down for 2-3 months, which is longer than recommended.

It's left a dark residue from the glue. Four condo buildings involved and he's worried he has to replace.

I'm going to do a test area for him and was thinking of using the Cimex followed by my truck mount.

Any suggestions on a process and chemicals?

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I had the same thing happen. At the time i was using wipe out by matrix and that didnt cut it. I finally had to use grease eraser and many wand passes. it took a while.

TimP

I'd try judson o2 if you've got it, mix it pretty strong. the ammount of dilimonene helps a good bit with candy and glues. Rotoscrub if necesarry.

At least that's what I'd try.

Chris A

Name
Chris
a healthy dose of citru-solve in your pre-spray, with a good 15 minute dwell time, and slooooow rinse and vac passes will do the trick. You will want to do 3-4 rinse passes to git that solvent out or it will resoil like crazy.

John Watson

Chem Spec used to make a product with a sol in it that would disolve the tackyness substance.

I would try some of the rinse free citrus juice from Mixed Rite Chems I believe you can get them at John Olson's store All other citrus I tried has always left a residue..

Josh Adler

We get quite a few of these calls a year. I usually spray Bridgepoint solvent clean....prescrub the area and extract. if it is reallly bad RX-20 to extract.

Chris A

Name
Chris
John Watson said:
All other citrus I tried has always left a residue..

you have to REALLY rinse it. Some guys use it as a daily booster :lol: :shock:

John Watson

Mixed rite works as good if not better than all citrus sols that I have tried and no special rinsing required. just normal rinse pass. Try it you might like it. I took samples to mikey fest 07, Like I said earlier John Olson carries the Mixed Rite line

Greenie

The Volatile Solvent is a pretty quick answer, might even try something larger like a rotary and thin commercial bonnet, and an elec. sprayer with one man misting real light, and the other chasing him....IT IS FLAMABLE, so consider that.

Chris A

Name
Chris
John Watson said:
Mixed rite works as good if not better than all citrus sols that I have tried and no special rinsing required. just normal rinse pass. Try it you might like it. I took samples to mikey fest 07, Like I said earlier John Olson carries the Mixed Rite line

Thanks John

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
OP with a solvent based bonnet cleaner and a tuway pad.

Name
Nate W.
Ultra Dry with a tuway pad soaked in the catalyst with hot water. No match for polytak crap.

You can get it from Chem Max. It works wonders.

-JB-

Name
JB
Citrus solve

agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate,agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate...

rinse.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
Last one I did was on the tenth floor. Sprayed OMS and rotovac with portable using the O2 system. I guaranteed the job and never got a callback. The tape was down for one year.

CleanEvo

JB said:
Citrus solve

agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate,agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate,agitate, agitate...

rinse.

OK... Citrus solve... got it. Do you think a little agitation would help as well? :?

CleanEvo

Luis Gomez said:
Last one I did was on the tenth floor. Sprayed OMS and rotovac with portable using the O2 system. I guaranteed the job and never got a callback. The tape was down for one year.

What's OMS :?: :?:

CleanEvo

Did part of the job today... I really didn't want to use the TM due to the multi building, multi floor thing.

I used Releasit Punch as pre-spray boosted with a very little Citrus Pro, agitated with the Cimex with grey pads and let it dwell 10 minutes. Then I went over it with the Cimex and Releasit DS at regualr strength, a couple of extra agitation passes and "POOF" it was gone.

Went back to vacuum and the builder was really happy, I saved him a pile of cash.

I'm always totally amazed by Rick's Releasit stuff with the Cimex. It's what I now use 90% of the time on commercial (non-resty).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom