Has anyone used a ph pen to test effectiveness of acid rinse

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Re: Has anyone used a ph pen to test effectiveness of acid r

I'm kinda of a cheater, most of the times I have enough information to mix my stock solutions before hand for the job I want to clean... that being said... if I'm unsure. I keep a container of Powdered emulsifier on the truck and may throw a gallon of either an acid rinse, or detergent free rinse depending on what I don't have.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland

I will use an acid through my truckmount if I am cleaning a wool or have reason to suspect a possible browning or wicking problem, but for 40 years I have used an alkaline through my machine.

I try to stick with the same brand traffic lane cleaner and detergent rinse because they should be more compatible and be able to attract the prespray better.

The main reason to use what I use is to clean the best and still be safe without residue problems. The biggest residue problem is not removing the most soils and contaminant from the carpet.

Besides the type of surfactants and such used in these products, the other thing might be the amount of alkalinity more so than the pH reading, that may have adverse affects.

Nice little thread, but we all still want Shawn to tell us the good and bad he sees in all these products :!:

Ryan

Reversed Osmosis water.

The closest you will ever get to leaving no residue whatsoever.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom