HAS BUSINESS PICKED UP FOR YOU GUYS?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
LAST YEAR MARCH AND APRIL WAS SUPER SLOW BECAUSE OF ALL THE RAIN. IT DIDNT GET BUSY FOR ME TILL MID MAY. IM SLOW AS SHIT RIGHT NOW HOW BOUT YOU GUYS?

Mike Draper

that's how it for us, not crazy slow, but not really busy either......about 1st week of may if gets crazy and doesn't stop till the snow fly's

Mikey P

Administrator
I only have one job for the next 3 days.

but its a 800 sq ft rug that needs a new backing applied up in San Francisco :D

other than that, traffic is pretty normal for this time of year.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Did I mention that we doubled March compared to last year?

Wasn't expecting it, it just happened.
I am planning on April being the same.

This year will kick ass.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
rctpks said:
The rain has slowed down the carpet cleaning here.

RAIN!! It's the SNOW here! 48 inches in 2 weeks slowed things here! Supposed to be in the 50's and 60's this week!! :shock: :D

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Wow that a lot of snow, does that shut down cleaning completely?

It slows with the weather here, but that much snow, we wouldn't get any calls.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Slowly increasing. More commercial than residential. Then in May resi. will get moving. Ive been going out and getting the commercial though. Working the phone and doing estimates.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
rctpks said:
Wow that a lot of snow, does that shut down cleaning completely?

It slows with the weather here, but that much snow, we wouldn't get any calls.

Phone has been dead for 2 weeks. Managed a water damage for a guy though. Not a big one but it was income. Thank goodness for the Stay Beautiful Program though!!

srugman26

Finally good here in NJ. March was one of my worst months ever. Only 7 jobs this week. Most of our schools are closed for Spring break, so the kids are home, which means they don't want work done around the house.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
first part of any month will be slower than the last part for me.

I am just waiting for the whole Tax thing to be over with and then Boom! again.

G

still dead her we did have sort of a record for snow 150 inches here in syracuse ny.getting some calls now have a bunch of them maybe commin up but really slow did one this morning. waiting for the rest.......................................

G

It's picking up for me.

I was cleaning an apartment Friday that happens to be next to the local fishing pond. Two of the other CCs seemed to be enjoying their day over there.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I just scheduled some jobs to make every day this week...including Saturday and Sunday jobs...Huge commercial job sunday.
Some days more than others.

G

packfancjh said:
Did you see Angel over there scumming for catfish?

He mainly does janitorial around here. I've only seen his van out cleaning once in the past 3 years.

Rex Tyus

It still sucks here. Rain..... and more Rain.... Some water extraction that can't afford to dry it. :cry: Not near enough to offset the drop in residential cleaning. It is starting to look like May will be the month. But then again in March it looked like April would be the month. So who knows? :? :evil:

TimP

It has picked up but it needs to be way busier to make up for the lousy time that is has been.

Chris A

Name
Chris
every week its been getting a little better, but not explosive...

fleming234

I'm new to this but I am meeting my goals that I have set. The bidding over the phone is the hardest, some people say 1 room and get there and its living room, dinning room, and hall. It's just good to be working.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
It's been slower than normal here In MI, Weathers been bad, High unemployment, Just started sending out postcards and direct mail should be picking up this week hopefully.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Yepppers - and so far month for month we've seen at least a two fold increase in biz from 08 month per month so far for 09

Ernie G

Rex, whats your yearly rain fall numbers over there, it sounds like you guys have had alot of rain this year based on your posts this winter, and now spring. It sounds like Wa. state weather. Hope it picks up soon for you, good-luck.

Rex Tyus

That is a good question Earnie. I will check on that. The thing about the rain here is it don't just rain. It is a nasty SOB when it does.

I honestly remember being in Massena NY back in 95 and everyone was freaking out over the unusual "micro burst". I thought they were joking with me at first because to me it was like a light, and I emphasize light thunderstorm here. The utility companies were frazzeled. I was shocked. THose guys keep it ticking along in damn blizzards but some rain lightening and wind really screwed them up.

Ernie G

Yeah, In the seattle area we average about 37inch per year, but does not rain real hard very often. We have alot of cloudy days and light rain, but a few times a year it can get crazy around here with trees falling and some flooding etc.

DevilDog

Well you know what....I am happy to see that guys around here are a bit more honest. Not happy to see so many slow...but at least you guys have some integrity and are telling the truth.

Just really started back again about three weeks and have gotten a fair amount of calls...but MOST of them are welcoming me back and saying they want to wait for a little bit. Well like my fiance would say.... SUMAMABITCH! Come on people schedule now!

With the time of year and the way the economy is I am not surprised it is slow...but Jesus...I did not think it would be this slow.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
juniorc82 said:
WELL THE PHONE FINALY RANG , IVE GOT A $300 COMMERCIAL AND A SMALL RENTAL. I GUESS THATS A START. GOOD THING I KEEP MY FULL TIME JOB.

Man hit that caps lock....It seems like you are yelling, and it's hard to read.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom