Has this happened to you

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am starting to pick up alot of commercial work. I personally like residential but alot of commercial is falling into my lap from residential clients.
I pick up a famous pizza chain(part of it in my area). I agree to do the areas the District Manager can afford to do. I go to one a few slices of pizza waiting for me place is vacuumed the areas I agreed are clear and a few other areas. In the morning I go to another one no problems.

9:30 tonight I go into this other one all the furniture is out of the dining room tripling the cleaning area it is not vacuumed and an asian woman is yelling at me for parking out back where it isn't lit and someone could come in and shoot us. I ask where the mop sink is to hook up to water(my fresh water pump died today yay Jabsco sending a brand new one) "only water we have here is sink" I said what about the mop room(clearly marked) "I just organized you use sink" I said I can't and she let me in the mop room. Pain in the ass. How often does this stuff happen to you guys?

G

Cahrge for extra area usually cover with furniture; and that is why I alsways vacuu first till the people leave. All I do is commercial and apartments; very little residential. Commercial is really dependable income.

Mikey P

Administrator
I recently gave an estimate to a real Patel for his home, tons of grout/shower work.
I went lower than I ever have before.

nada.

Bob Foster

Greg - your world was apart of that system for years. Do you really need and answer for this?

In food service and hotels there is a real feudal-type hierarchy. The staff get crapped on from above and you - the janitor with the fancy truck are at the bottom of the food chain so even the clean up guy can crap on you. They are simply projecting onto you all the crap and regulations they have to deal with.

Clean the extra area and charge for it. If a DM argues with you tell them that you took directions from someone on site and if you didn't you thought they would have been resentful of you not being attenative to their local needs. After all local people thought the carpet needed cleaning.

BTW, I too have trouble dealing with those kinds. If I run into attitudes too often in any place I tend not to chase them for repeats.

Becker

Name
Becker
I thought you ran a commercial only truck?

BS like that, is why I now do very little commercial work.
I'd have no problem sending out cheap labor to do commercial. But I prefer to be home at night.

And the commercial work I do, my requirements are spelled out in the contract or agreement ahead of time.
Most commercial I do, is Drs offices, business that close and let me get started about 5pm, or they have a Monday or Friday they are closed. Also a few churches.

So what are you most upset about.. The 2nd place did not have food set out for you?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I do becker but they have all been keyed offices from property managers and I never did them.

Now I have a commercial presence on the cape it has hit up here on the south shore. I have been strictly a 8:30-3:30 guy and waiting around to go out at night sucks. I just thought it was bullshit.

You did hit the nail on the head on written expectations

This happened to me today and was completley my fault. Fist let me say every carpet cleaner should either email, mail, or list on your website if you have one all the things a customer should do before you arrive. I hate moving small nick nack things and probably shouldn't. In fact my policy from this day forward is if the customer can't take the time to move shoes and toys etc. the bill is going up even if it only takes me 5 minutes to move it. I arrive to the house and of course the drive is blocked with cars. I have cleaned this house before and the customers are never prepared. I was already in a bad mood when I saw they had stuff all over the place. I didn't even quote a price because I knew I would just add 50 dollars to the bill no matter what. I go to move a plant which should have already been moved and the plant pulls out of the pot and potting soil goes everywhere on this lady's white carpet. She was standing right next to me and I said FOOK. I know I shouldn't have said that but oh well. By that time I was thinking let me get out of here as quick as possible. I normally move everything and do a real detailed cleaning, but today I said I am going around the furniture this time. I knocked it out real quick and she seemed totaly happy. Oh it looks so wonderful etc.. I guess everybody has off days every now and then.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom