Hate your SPRINT cell service ?? Now is your chance !!

Able 1

Name
Keith
Thanks Chris! I just got a call from them ask how my service was and I was telling them I have had ALOT of dropped calls bla bla bla... And then she said she will put me through to tech. support waited 10 mins. and hung up. :x

I'm out! What's better Verizon or At&t as far as internet and can you load QB on either?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Man, I hope this is true.

I love my sprint service...I've had it for well over 10 years.
But I am looking to get rid of one of my cell phones with them....don't need it now.

I will check this out.

Friend of mine got boost mobile....40 or 50 per month...they say it uses the nextel network...it's a month to month plan and no kiddin..I talk to him while he's at his house up in the hills where no one I know can get reception...crazy...

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
According to Clark Howard, consumer advocate and radio host, of the large national providers, Verizon is ranked #1 by their customers, followed by:

T-Mobile
ATT
Sprint

In that order... with the gap between Sprint and ATT being "huge"... a distant 4th...

The smaller, pay as you go companies like MetroPCS and Cricket have good ratings overall.

I use MetroPCS. And in the last couple of years, their network has grown top the point that they're virtually "national" now. In driving from Atlanta to Michigan recently, I rarely was out of a signal and rarely on "Roam".

Considering that I have unlimited local, long distance and International, with features like CallerID, VoiceMail, Text, and Call Waiting for just under $60 a month, I'm pretty satisfied with them.

The drawback is that if you're roaming, you're billed at 19 cents a minute, which you have to have pre-paid in a separate account.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Duane Oxley said:
According to Clark Howard, consumer advocate and radio host, of the large national providers, Verizon is ranked #1 by their customers, followed by:

T-Mobile
ATT
Sprint

In that order... with the gap between Sprint and ATT being "huge"... a distant 4th...

The smaller, pay as you go companies like MetroPCS and Cricket have good ratings overall.

I use MetroPCS. And in the last couple of years, their network has grown top the point that they're virtually "national" now. In driving from Atlanta to Michigan recently, I rarely was out of a signal and rarely on "Roam".

Considering that I have unlimited local, long distance and International, with features like CallerID, VoiceMail, Text, and Call Waiting for just under $60 a month, I'm pretty satisfied with them.

The drawback is that if you're roaming, you're billed at 19 cents a minute, which you have to have pre-paid in a separate account.

no disrespect to you duane...

but DUHHHHHHHHH usually customers say they like their service...and i would begto differ on the tmobile over sprint...i was with tmobile (use to be voice stream) and when they switched the CS went to shit... AT&T is a bunch of douche bags when it comes to how they handle their employees, with the switch from AT&T to Cingular, and back to AT&T they screwed their employees....

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Sprints unlimited everything rocks....esp now that the call forwarding is included.

You can also get unlimited shared minutes (whatever that means) with two phones for $140.00 or some crazy thing..I was just looking into it since my contract is ending.
Going to get a new Blackberry curve 8330 for $49.00.

I do over 5000 minutes a month on my phone plus 3 email accounts, facebook, GPS...you name it.
For under $100.00 per month...can't beat it.

And their customer service has gotten soooo much better over the years.

My brother has ATT and he regrets it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
FCC said:
Brian since you are in DFW and I assume travel back to CA have you checked with Metro PCS?

Do you maintain a landline or just cells? How many lines? Do ya need the latest greatest phones?

My daughter had Metro PCS really because it was cheap...and it seemed to be ok...didn't check it for this area.
I only have cell phones....3 lines but more numbers forwarded to them and they are all connected by Google voice now.
I need at least new phones...not really the latest and greatest...but after a 2 year contract, it's time.
I like the Blackberry for the email mainly but everything else is great too.

You?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Go for the tmobile dash the new one or the google. I have 7 cell phones love them all. att sucks but my air cards in the net books are sprint. sucks cause no one has 3g here so internets slow

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, my HTC Pro was over kill...I just didn't need windows on my phone.

But I have to have quick email and they tell me Blackberry is as fast as it gets. Most phones only look for emails every 5 minutes or whatever...Blackberry gets it as soon as it's sent...sometimes before my Outlook on the computer gets it.

I think Sprints Text lags a little though.

$49.00 is as cheap as you get before "Free"...so I am liking that.

I traded my HTC straight across for a used Blackberry...dinged up and all that. Time for a pretty one.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
joeynbgky said:
omg i ordered a htc pro. today it was 500 bucks. its no good?

It had it's problems but it was a pretty awesome phone.
I am not big on touch screens....that's how I found out.

If you are big on having a little computer in you hands and are going to use it...then it will be good.

Sometimes the phone would just start doing things without me knowing it. spooky. :roll:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
FCC said:
Brian Robison said:
tell me Blackberry is as fast as it gets.

Loved my pearl (hated the curve) but since no sim when I switched from sprint to ATT I couldn't take it and didn't want to pay.
Didn't NEED it,,,,,,but I miss it still :cry:

I thought about the BB tour but I think I will stay with the curve. Best phone I've had for what I use it for.
The pearl just looked too small for my sausages, I can return emails on my Curve and the buttons don't get all screwy.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
FCC said:
Helper uses metro PCS and get similar or better coverage here. Switching to them once paying the cancellation fee from ATT breaks "even"

The easy way to "quit" without paying a cancellation charge is to change your plan to the cheapest available- like $19.95 / mo and just park the phone. If you're paying $99.00 /mo. now, that will free up $70, which more than pays for a Metro phone.

You can have your ATT forwarded to the Metro until you move the number later, if that's an issue...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
it just comes down to how much you will pay if you have 12 months left at 19 bucks That's $228.00. A cancelation charge may be less...but you have to pay the full amount...we not really..they bill you so you can make payments on it too..

If you need your number...just port it before your cancel...if you owe a company money I am not sure how that works getting your number.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I think it depends on your area. Some companies just have better coverage in certain areas. For my area Verizon is the best. My sister just got the droid and i am going to get it when i am up for a new phone. It is fast!

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
In 2000, when I was with Cingular, I called them up and threatened to leave if they didn't give me a better deal and mentioned the deal that one of their competitors was offering. At the time, my monthly bill was about $250.

They reminded me "politely", that I had a contract with them that had about a year left.

So, I informed them that I was prepared to "park" my phone on the lowest maintenance plan (about $25 at the time) and jump to the new company via a different phone and number.

So, they realized that I called their bluff and did have a plan of action that they couldn't argue with. So, miraculously, I was transferred to a "special department" that had the ability to negotiate what I wanted.

Told them the same thing, they said that they'd match the other deal and all was well.

Don't ever let them hold a contract over your head as a way to over charge you. They'll do it if you let them.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
SRI Cleaning said:
I think it depends on your area. Some companies just have better coverage in certain areas. For my area Verizon is the best. My sister just got the droid and i am going to get it when i am up for a new phone. It is fast!

been playing with the droid for about a month now and it is the best out there.....

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Jim Martin said:
been playing with the droid for about a month now and it is the best out there.....
Let's get this thread back on the original "Hate Sprint" thread. After pouring thousands down the greedy throat of the Sprint monstrosity I have seen the light.

http://www.strategiesforsuccess.com/ and then look on the front page for the post about "Sprint".

My mis-adventures with the slut that masquerades under the name "Sprint" have been "illuminating" for a backwoods farm boy like me. (I would have used the term "prostitute" but I didn't want to give the "ladies of the night" a bad name.)

steve "Island Boy" Toburen
http://www.StrategiesFor Success.com

PS I can't believe how "arrogant/lazy/complacent" corporate America can be. Learn from this train wreck. That is what I am trying to do in my "soap box" blog. (link above)

randy

Name
Randy
Sprint has always had horrible customer service. Even twenty years ago their billing for long distance was always months latter and often incorrect. I dumped their cellular service after one year and was with Verizon for 10 years. Then Virgin mobile came out with their $49 per month unlimited talk plan (no roaming or long distance charges) and no contract. You can add unlimited texting for $10 IF YOU ARE A GIRLY man and like to communicate that way (get a pink phone while your at it :lol:. Virgin operates on Sprint's system and was bought out in the US market by Sprint.

With Virgin, Cricket, Metro PCS and several other no contract required providers now marketing heavy, the days of the two year contract and " FREE " phone are coming to an end. In my mind you are better off paying for the phone and having no contract, as cellular companies change like the weather.

By the way under FEDERAL LAW you can switch to a new carrier and keep your same number. You can also transfer your wired phone number to a cellular phone. Many owner / operators pay for a business line and end up forwarding it to their cellular 90% of the time. With unlimited cellular service why not eliminate the installed business phone and operate off your "portable office".

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Randy, that's what I did...no point in having a wired phone when you can take a dependable phone with you on the road.
Steven, Tell us how you really feel. :shock:

I haven't been with another mobile phone company but Sprint has always been there for me...replaced a phone or two when I needed them to, fixed billing errors, let me know about better plans, etc.....all phone (I know people signed up on pretty much all networks) companies will have their problems, it's how they deal with them that makes them a good or bad company...Kinda like us or any other company.
Appearantly Steven had issues with that...and I'm sure that happens with all companies as well...esp that big of a company.
Myself? I just have a way with people over the phone to things taken care of. Honey not vinegar and all that. I think I just broke my arm.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Steve Toburen said:
Jim Martin":349s38on]been playing with the droid for about a month now and it is the best out there.....[/quote] Let's get this thread back on the original "Hate Sprint" thread. After pouring thousands down the greedy throat of the Sprint monstrosity I have seen the light. [url="http://www.strategiesforsuccess.com/ said:
http://www.strategiesforsuccess.com/[/url] and then look on the front page for the post about "Sprint".

My mis-adventures with the slut that masquerades under the name "Sprint" have been "illuminating" for a backwoods farm boy like me. (I would have used the term "prostitute" but I didn't want to give the "ladies of the night" a bad name.)

steve "Island Boy" Toburen
http://www.StrategiesFor Success.com

PS I can't believe how "arrogant/lazy/complacent" corporate America can be. Learn from this train wreck. That is what I am trying to do in my "soap box" blog. (link above)[/quote:349s38on]

First off, for a marketing guru why would you show yourself as "old and washed up" ifn you want people to pay for your "experience, mastery"??? not impressed.

2nd I agree with Brian, they have done things for me that would make your head swim..(greanted there are a few things they "cant" no matter how hard i push/ask)

3rd they could have fixed, as to why they didnt????

4th ALWAYS ALWAYS GET SOME SORT OF WRITTEN CONFERMATION...(you should know better)

5th ...uhhhh why did you say your accct would be worth $3,000 if you had cancelled it in the 1st place???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom