Have any of you delt with a bad neighbor ?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I am dealing with a bad neighbor at the moment. This guy has called the police , city, and code enforcement on me
ever since we moved in a few months ago. He has called for every chickenshit reason he can come up ranging from cars being parked wrong, my work trucks and trailer, to his newist crock of shit which he is trying to get me on a zoning violation for operating a business in a residential neighborhood. I am growing very frustrated as pacifying the city is begining to cost me time and money. I hate to move but I dont know what to do about this a-hole

Bob Foster

Even if you were there before him if you keep your place fugly and have vehicles parked all over both side of the street and on your lawn I don't blame him. If you have everything tucked in nice on your property and it doesn't look like a commercial building warehouse parking lot then I would say he's a troublemaker.

I deliberately don't live on the knuckle-dragger side of town so I don't have to live next to people that think its OK to park their lifted 4by on their front lawn and play loud 70s rock all day. If someone moved in like that I would first have a friendly chat and if that didn't help then they are messing with wrong guy.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I believe for your area a home office is allowed. Things then start to get
"sticky" when you have employees.

Name
steve snail
Bob Foster said:
Even if you were there before him if you keep your place fugly and have vehicles parked all over both side of the street and on your lawn I don't blame him. If you have everything tucked in nice on your property and it doesn't look like a commercial building warehouse parking lot then I would say he's a troublemaker.

I deliberately don't live on the knuckle-dragger side of town so I don't have to live next to people that think its OK to park their lifted 4by on their front lawn and play loud 70s rock all day. If someone moved in like that I would first have a friendly chat and if that didn't help then they are messing with wrong guy.

spot on

Bob Foster

meAt said:
Bob Foster said:
if that didn't help then they are messing with wrong guy.

you or them?? :lol:

..L.T.A.

Lar I thing my home is one of those things a man stand up for so you bet, that guy would have a big problem with me.

I believe in live and let live and respect peoples differences however a bad neighbor can really ruin the enjoyment of your home. Because of that I am very careful where I live and under no circumstance would I ever move next to property that looked like it could be a problem.

Becker

Name
Becker
Not every one wants their neighbor to be running a business out of their HOME.

Is he a bad neighbor or is he trying to preserve what was a residential neighborhood?

Some thing a car on blocked in the yard looks good. Others see it as an eye sore.

I guess it is up to code to decide.

Good luck n

Bob Foster

I think I might have parked my box truck in front of my house overnight 5 or 6 times in two years. Most people don't really want to stare out their front window at commercial trucks and trailers when they live in a quiet residential neighborhood.

If a person has a young family and the area near their home is plugged up with lots of vehicles the loss of visibility of their kids or their kids to see traffic coming is really disconcerting.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
while it seems no one else does....

i have pity for you

i know how it is. when the neighbor(s) seem to piss and moan about the small things..

and yet think their shit dont stink...

anything he does that drives you nutty??

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
All I have is an e250 van and a minivan parked in driveway and a 6x10 tarilor on side of home. The trailor isnt even used for work and I move it weeekly and mow and weed eat underneath. I dont have any customers come and I pick up my help down the road in a grocery store parking lot so I dont clog up the street with vehicles.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
If these are all lettered vehicles/trailer there may be ordinances against them being visible. Most cities in MI have those ordinances and personally I am thankful. In most cities here you can not even run a bus out of the house without special permission and having lettered vehicles would usually not be accepted.

Bob Foster

Find out where this guy used to live and see if he was a troublemaker there. That might give you some idea how to proceed.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
juniorc82 said:
All I have is an e250 van and a minivan parked in driveway and a 6x10 tarilor on side of home. The trailor isnt even used for work and I move it weeekly and mow and weed eat underneath. I dont have any customers come and I pick up my help down the road in a grocery store parking lot so I dont clog up the street with vehicles.
you never answered...
are your vehicles lettered...?

how many cars in yor yard?

how much beer and bon-fire partys?

fight wit yor wife much?

lotta traffic in an' out

ARE YOU A.........CARPET CLEANER?? :lol:

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i'm a pretty easy going guy but i wouldn't want someone with a trailer or lettered van in my neighborhood. it lowers the value of the neighborhood. i pay to park in storage unit down the street like a good neighbor.

gene

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
take and pour gas in his lawn that says.. F off.. light and have a good alaby that your out of town.. (just kidding but would be awesome)

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Years ago the neighbor behind a rental house of ours turned us in to the EPA as a hazardous waste site because our sewer line was overflowing into his yard. Seemed a little overkill to me ...

Steve Toburen

PS To be fair he had complained to me before but living 3,000 miles away in the DR and being super busy I sort of blew it off. The EPA did get my attention!

Becker

Name
Becker
Live and let live is a great motto.

Just as long as your living does not impose on your neighbors.

Respect for your neighbor will go a long ways. Not everyone is excited about your business as you are. As for having your helper park at a store up the street. Yeah. That is what store parking lots are for.

My old hood. I parked in the garage at night. Did not conduct business at the house with clients.

House 2 doors up converted the garage into a family counseling business.
Cars coming and going every 45 mins to an hr. Speeding. Sometimes their ride would sit in the car smoking listening to music. Or the client would just have her kids go play in our private park while she was in session. Better than them sitting in the car honking the horn.

That crap did not belong in a neighborhood as ours.

We did not invest half a mill, to live next to a business.

The hoa and city agreed.

Myself and all the neighbors on the street were happy!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
C&S said:
take and pour gas in his lawn that says.. F off.. light and have a good alaby that your out of town.. (just kidding but would be awesome)

I cleaned a rental house where the evicted tenants spelled obscenities with weed killer on the lawn. It didn't show up until they were gone and out of town.

While I was cleaning a procession of cars were driving by slowly reading the lawn.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
GeneMiller said:
i'm a pretty easy going guy but i wouldn't want someone with a trailer or lettered van in my neighborhood. it lowers the value of the neighborhood. i pay to park in storage unit down the street like a good neighbor.

gene
yes the vans are lettered but the trailor is not. I cant cay I agree that it lowers the value of the neighborhood when thaverage home in my neighborhood is 100k. I actualy moved my minivan to an offsite location . Now all I have is the e250 and the non letered trailor.
The reason this guy has a problem is because my landlord which is a big church. This church owns most of the homes on the block except his., He has a problem with all the church renters. I figure he has a bit more to latch on to because I own a business.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Crazy...

If someone did that here 1 of 2 things would happen:

1) The city would laugh and hang up on him when he called.
2) If not, I'd remind him that he's not paying my mortgage and until he starts he can keep his complaints to himself. I'll damn well park whatever I want to in MY driveway. If it's serious & affects his property he could feel free to grow a pair and knock on my door & speak with me about it, don't call the city. If the city happens to come knocking again I'd just kick his ass & pepper spray him in the crotch after I choked him out & watch him dance when he comes back to conciousness. But hey I'm a bit of a redneck...

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
juniorc82 said:
GeneMiller said:

gene
yes the vans are lettered but the trailor is not. I cant cay I agree that it lowers the value of the neighborhood when thaverage home in my neighborhood is 100k. I actualy moved my minivan to an offsite location . Now all I have is the e250 and the non letered trailor.
The reason this guy has a problem is because my landlord which is a big church. This church owns most of the homes on the block except his., He has a problem with all the church renters. I figure he has a bit more to latch on to because I own a business.

Jon...why don you jus stroll on out to the curb...
take a fricking PICTURE of your house
and WE'LL tell you if you're an asshole or not...how's that?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
kDQLuMlQbk2wj5eavyq3P0i0o1_500.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom