Have these tm manufacturers ever offered this?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
A “Put it back on the assembly line” refurbish offer

They either send you a pallet to remove the tm and bolt it to to send back or have a dealer send it to them to literally take it apart, replace worn items, reassemble in refurbished condition to get another 3-4K hrs of reliable service at a flat rate

Example $1500 to ship and receive and $5k to refurbish and test in factory

I’m reading several headache posts on Facebook in these groups with these guys having so many headaches and they’re having trouble fixing on the job.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

They either send you a pallet to remove the tm and bolt it to to send back or have a dealer send it to them to literally take it apart, replace worn items, reassemble in refurbished condition to get another 3-4K hrs of reliable service at a flat rate

I’m reading several headache posts on Facebook in these groups with these guys having so many headaches and they’re having trouble fixing on the job.
Butler reconditions their truck mounts.

Reactions: SamIam and BIG WOOD

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek

The fact that this is not a crazy idea does not speak well of truckmount manufacturers.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Butler reconditions their truck mounts.
Another thing I like about butler is they Improve their models, not re-engineer to have one model completely incompatable with a newer model like all the others. . And everything is easy access and quick release connected. And all the components aren’t crammed in this little area like the slide ins

Another reason to offer this assembly line refurbish. If they make it a pain to service, and there’s no good service Dept nearby to help, then there should be a program to keep these units in new condition

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
They could do it much more efficiently when it’s out of the van with the right people that assemble them daily and there would be no middle man dealer wanting their cut $ of the markup on parts

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
It could be their way of saying

“We fked up on this model. Bring it back to us and we will fix the errors we made that make you hate your job and it’ll prevent you from spending another 5years on a new tm”

They’re too cheap to use the word “recall” and instead, lyingly use the word “upgrade”

FredC

Village Idiot
Have you seen the varying degrees of decay in people's truckmounts?

I can see where this would make sense (refurbish) for an individual to do or possibly even some independent service with varying degrees of refurbishment. Easier on direct drives.

When it comes to slide ins think about what you are expecting. Is it refurbished if they look at components and say "yep those still work"? Are you expecting disassembly, frame repair/recoat, rebuild or replace components that presumably have enough hours on them to need "refurbishment (engine., blower. pump, exchangers, electrical/electronics)? If the latter start doing the math.........

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If there’s any welding or major painting needed, refurbishing isn’t an option

I’m focusing more on doing engine tuneup, blower inspection, water pump rebuild, all new brass valves, all check valves, looking over all electrical and replacing, all new hoses, updating anything that’s been changed on the model, etc

If it’s a rust bucket from neglect, no. If it’s an old prochem cub, no.

There’s been a shortage from orders and maybe this could be an option.

FredC

Village Idiot
so ....not actually refurbishing. wtf would I take my unit out of service for who knows how long and ship it off to have a tuneup, hoses, and pump rebuild.........

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
new amtex.jpgAmte burned.jpg

Reactions: Cleanworks

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
so ....not actually refurbishing. wtf would I take my unit out of service for who knows how long and ship it off to have a tuneup, hoses, and pump rebuild.........
Rebuild everything except the frame

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Rebuild everything needs except the frame. I’m just throwing out the suggestion.

FredC

Village Idiot
Rebuild everything except the frame

now start doing the math on the customer pre-sale support, receiving, disassembly, cleaning, rebuilds, assembly, testing, shipping, support, etc...........

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
now start doing the math on the customer pre-sale support, receiving, disassembly, cleaning, rebuilds, assembly, testing, shipping, support, etc...........
No I don’t want to do the math

All I know is I refurbished this thermal wave and I have about $5k spent on parts and labor. No I didn’t do any fancy painting and yes there was a little welding

If my dumbass can be successful at this and not make it complicated, so can a giant monopoly of carpet cleaning

Reactions: Cleanworks

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
That’s $5k parts on my pricing after the double mark up from the suppliers.

So my number of $7k after shipping should suffice

So you have a 10yo truckmount that’s paid off and the dealers are backed up in orders and you can’t spend $35k for a new unit

Put it back on the assembly line for $7-$10k and it be in like new condition with updated parts, cleaned out or repaired heat exchangers, all new brass and hoses, water pump freshened up, rebuilt chem pump and meter, etc

It’s worth it to know it was dissasembled and built back to specs

If they can’t do that for $10k with hourly waged workers, they’re just greedy

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
All I know is I refurbished this thermal wave and I have about $5k spent on parts and labor. No I didn’t do any fancy painting and yes there was a little welding

If my dumbass can be successful at this and not make it complicated, so can a giant monopoly of carpet cleaning

looks like a biz opportunity for you Woody, if you think there's a market
start refurbishing TMs

the start up investment will be less than garbage trucks ....

.L.T.A.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
looks like a biz opportunity for you Woody, if you think there's a market
start refurbishing TMs

the start up investment will be less than garbage trucks ....

.L.T.A.
The thought crossed my mind if I had the shop, some welding skills and a good source for parts besides the ripoff artists

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
That’s $5k parts on my pricing after the double mark up from the suppliers.

So my number of $7k after shipping should suffice

So you have a 10yo truckmount that’s paid off and the dealers are backed up in orders and you can’t spend $35k for a new unit

Put it back on the assembly line for $7-$10k and it be in like new condition with updated parts, cleaned out or repaired heat exchangers, all new brass and hoses, water pump freshened up, rebuilt chem pump and meter, etc

It’s worth it to know it was dissasembled and built back to specs

If they can’t do that for $10k with hourly waged workers, they’re just greedy
John Olson was doing some. Saw a few refurbished tm's in his shop. Priced pretty reasonable. Don't know if he still does it. Where is John these days anyway? Haven't heard anything about him since I got off Facebook.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
John Olson was doing some. Saw a few refurbished tm's in his shop. Priced pretty reasonable. Don't know if he still does it. Where is John these days anyway? Haven't heard anything about him since I got off Facebook.
I think it’s a great idea because the company wouldn’t have to spend the few $$$$ to pay for it. They’d profit more on parts and labor

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom