Have these tm manufacturers ever offered this?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Every fall before the big cleaning rush I would remove my tm, clean, repaint, replace any worn wiring and hoses and reinstall.
Also every time I removed it I would take off, remove or improve something to make it simpler to operate.
I wish I still had the drive of my younger self.
Do you have any pictures of your machines?

sassyotto

Name
Paul
I dont think the manufacturers could give a set dollar amount if they dont know what it will take to rebuild it. Heck, most of the guys here are half mechanics and half cleaners and who knows what they already *customized* on it.

Thats the difference between spending the money up front and spending the money down the line.

If you spend the money up front and buy a new, branded, time tested model (Prochem back in the day and Hydramaster today or Butler) you have a better chance of getting a reliable unit than an off brand (plus when it comes time to sell, more people will recognize the brand./model) and the more people that recognize it, the more people that would be interested. the more people interested, the higher price you can get for it.

If you spend the money up front
and maintain it regularly according to manufacturers specifications, you will run into less problems while your using the machine. In addition, if you spend the money up front and replace parts PRIOR to them breaking down, in the end you will SAVE money because you wont be on a job when they eventually DO break down. Im talking pressure pump at 5 years, blower at 10 years, gas pump 3 years, etc. EVEN IF IT WORKS, replace it because it aint gunna last forever and when your on that $850 job and it decides to quit and you have to order the parts, in the end what do you gain.

Disclaimer thats not to say that Prochem/Hydramaster/Bulters are all problem free BUT overall you have a better chance of having a good, solid machine from one of these companies.
so if you spend the money up front, you wont need to have it *rebuilt*. I sell my machines at 9-10 years old for top dollar and they still run and look like new because I spent the money up front.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom