Have you driven a Ford Transit yet?

steve_64

Interesting. We were just talking about getting another GM so it matches the butler. It wouldn't have a machine but would be for Genny and custodial work mostly. Picking up and dropping off rugs.

I might have to go drive one for the first time.

Name
Matt Ross
A transit is the only thing ford makes that I'd buy. Well, mabye a raptor if I lived in the desert. They are good Van's. It's like McDonald's, you can have them any way you want them.

Reactions: Mikey P

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I hear there are having some problems with the Transit, did'nt someone on here say they are have some issues?
I've got a 2.2 turbo diesel I love it, drives way better than most vans

had the dual mass flywheel go at 40,000 kilometers which normally appears around 150k onwards but not unheard of to go early (not sure if petrol versions have same flywheel)

So far I'd buy another

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
They had it so long they started putting the bugs back in.
Yep. Another cleaner with a Chevy was having the exact same sensor/computer issue I was having. It would be nice if they are going to put that computer stuff on their vehicles if they would get it to throw the code of the part that's actually bad instead of having to replace every sensor on the vehicle to get the right one.

At this point I might be willing to give Ford a second chance. My 2006 F150 was a piece of crap that broke down 4 times in under 35,000 miles.

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL

That sir is the elephant in the room for the Ford Transit..... Awesome vans EXCEPT tires and Brakes every 30,000 ish miles....they do get about 4 MPG more than an E250.... During a “30,000 mile cycle” you end saving about $2,300 in fuel TO PAY FOR A NEW SET OF TIRES AND BRAKES....... 🤦‍♂️

Originally there was only 1 or 2 tire manufacturers making the tire size. Now there are more options so maybe that will improve. 🤞

steve_64

I'm really considering getting something like this for Genny to drive for about $14,000.
Screenshot_2019-07-20-13-15-44.pngScreenshot_2019-07-20-13-15-59.png

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Only those in serious denile would admit it's the best van ever.

A true pleasure to drive and live and work with.

It's no wonder Saiger and Marty are so cranky all the time, living in those GMC relics and all...
I had a mechanic say there were some serious design flaws to work on it.

But as long as your happy

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Yeah, your Dodge has been so kind to you...lol
my 12, 17 and my 18 have all been beasts. I had issues with the 13 as it was the first with the DEF and the new computer control panel and lots of other firsts but no issues with the rest of them

Name
Matt Ross
Yeah, your Dodge has been so kind to you...lol
Mine has. 325k miles. Stock head gasket. Only a couple injectors replaced and tranny at almost 300k. Towed most of its life. If I had a Ford diesel id have had the heads off three times already.
I would buy a Ford mustang though. No sense being brand loyal when all manufacturers make some great vehicles and some crappy ones.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom