Have you ever worn out a glide?

Bob Foster

Some of you guys must have worn down a glide from lots of square feet of carpet. I'm not talking about they guy that used his glide on a flood job and sandpapered it down in a couple of days. Let's see some pictures of worn out from carpet cleaning glides.

They guys that have worn them out on carpet how many square feet do you think you have cleaned with that glide?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I will have to see if I still have one of my wore down glides.

The best feeling is when you put a new glide on and the difference is huge.

Although I feel like a dildo for not replacing it sooner..or at least sanding it more often.

Kinda jump starts the carpet cleaning tinglies again.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Here's the best I have. Just got the new one, ready for replacement.
008-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
It's actually my brother's equipment but I use it frequently. He's pretty lazy as you can see by the cleanliness of the wand. Pisses me off when I have to spend at least a half hour cleaning stuff before I go clean.

clean one

Oh yea mine looks like the one Chris posted, it will sit flat if i take it off. So ifs that worn out then yes i have worn one out

steve g

Name
steve garrett
well kinda, I wore it down till it was about 1/8 thick on the bottom edges. it wound up splitting on the edge so after 3 years I put a new one on. keep in mind this glide was abused big time, concrete floors, mud floods, construction siites where there was nails chunks of wood etc. if I was just cleaning carpets I would still be using the same one, the new one fits tighter than the orginal, however I think I liked the fit of the first one better, I am prolly different than most in that my wand had atleast half the stainless lip wore off the bottom before I even got a glide. I use a pc quad jet

R

R W

My glides are looking like Chris Hagens, but they still work fine. I wish Greenie would offer them up in good old "Kenny" plastic...........instead of Teflon.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
teflon wont scratch softer surfaces like plastic will. teflon is a bit more impervious to heat than typical plastic is.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I wore a few all the way thru. Always on the right side, with a little telfon remaining on the left. Wonder why? I guess I lean right.

G

packfancjh said:
Here's the best I have. Just got the new one, ready for replacement.
008-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

It would be a good idea to file those cross bars to let the airflow through, so as not to get lines in the carpet from the lack of airflow.

A small round file will work just great! Just a little TIP!

Cheers, AL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom