have you gotten too comfortable coasting along??

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
man, I have.

things have been on cruise control for quite some time for us

In the "good times" that's fine i guess...in that it worked for me and kept a steady income.
As long as we were coasting along, finding new prospects was low on the priority list

as i sit here reflecting on this coming year, I realize what a precarious position I've put my biz in.
i think of all the jobs we've dumped or declined over the years because they weren't large profit or simply a PITA to get done.

STUPID..STUPID..STUPID

I wish i had those accounts now..cause even a little profit, is better than NO profit

I intend to change that and put our biz back on a path for new growth.

how 'bout it?
any of you in the same situation I find myself?
STOOPIT..STOOPIT.STOOPIT

..L.T.A.

Cameron1

Yep. I had other issues that I was trying to solve. Since business was so good I did not worry about where the next job was coming from. Looking back, that was a big mistake. We are allready slowing down, and I have decided not to carry any dead weight this year because of the unknown future. We are giving the guys off rather than messing around in the warehouse.

I am real concerned about the next 6 months, but will take a proactive stance. I am working on my business goals as we speak.

It's gonna be interesting.

TimP

I'm thinking of adding VCT strip/wax and maintenance to my business for this very reason.

Also I only reduce my profit margins when I can make them up with volume. Other wise why would a customer deserve a discount?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
You have a goldmine in past contacts.

Start contacting them.

Egg on face does not harden with sweat running down.

(Old Shortwun proverb) :lol:

Ooroo,

:roll:

RickL

I had it GREAT I had a large Commercial Account that was using me for everything UPH, CCing, T&G, Color Sealing and some stone. But basically I got first chance at anything for example the kitchen wanted the stoves steam cleaned and someother areas cleaned monthly they called me for 1st refusal. I was in there most everyweek. Along with my regulars and referals LIFE WAS GREAT!!! :lol: Well I was out playing golf on a thurs morn (hole 15) cell phone rings and caller ID says it the Director I do work for. I figure he's got a job he wants to talk about.
Nope he got fired for employee issues I knew it was trouble right away. I went from $50 -$60k per year to probably $1.5k since he's left 5 mths ago.
The new guy wants to do everything internal. Well I had nothing in the pipeline I was on cruise control loving life. Now I had to gear up design and run some adds and get back on track. Still got a lot to do but at least I got the first add run and it worked well also closed a new commercial acct and got some large commercial and residential quotes out. So we'll see how it all pans out.
I knew it wasn't good to have all your eggs in one basket but I didn't want to kill myself running from cust to cust.

The Preacher

when i lost the airport gig it HAMMERED me! i might have to lose the TM and go back to all VLM.

i have other accounts, but loosing a 3k mo/12hr per month job hurt!!!

i wish the best for all of us!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ODIN said:
I take it you guys don't ski much in the winter

no, not at all as a matter of fact

but i did watch the Winter Olympics once..

...........................................................................................

Complacency and smooth sailing for so long has put me in a bad position for stormy seas that are predicted.
I don't expect to capsize and sink, but it may be a rough ride due to my complacency for so long

..L.T.A.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I'm used to a slow winter. The last 2 have been unusually slow. I've never had a slow busy season, so I'm not worried.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
got to say I have been cruising along. But not this year. Am gearing up for a big marketing push and start implementing the programs that I learned at SFS in October. Hopefully next year at this time, I will have more time for skiing!! :wink:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Good thread by meAt. Two of my favorite sayings:

1. "Only the paramoid survive." Stolen from Andrew Grove (past CEO of Intel)

2. "Success and length of time in business tends to lead to 1) complacency which normally brings on 2) arrogance which if left unchecked usually results in 3) bankruptcy." As far as I know I came up with this quote. (If you doubt the truth of this "3 Step Path to Failure" look where GM is now. I rest my case.)

Steve Toburen
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS Good to hear you are getting things going, Doug. Let Big Billy and me know how we can help.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Thanks for the offer!! Big Bill could help by getting that MyEasyMarketing program that I heard about last year in Houston going!! :lol: Hard to believe that it has been a year since I got to meet you both in Houston!! :shock:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
HEY STOOPIT....may i call yous that........THANKS!

My ghetto jobs don look all that bad now.....huh?

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
bob vawter said:
HEY STOOPIT....may i call yous that........THANKS!

My ghetto jobs don look all that bad now.....huh?

No you may not call me stoop it. And no I have not made fun of your ghetto jobs!! :?

lance

If I had my choice I'd rather be Larry the cap than Vawter the ghettomeister. 8)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
keith Shaw said:
what the heck is this rubber room?

Hi Kieth
welcome

they tell me you're really Rob Allen and Kieth is just an alias you use for what ever reason

Is that true?

if not, tell us a little about yourself and why you're here

thanks

..L.T.A.

R

R W

Yes.

I just finished a $3000 job last weekend, and now I feel lazy. I was to do an 800 sf new tile cleaning this morning, but the lady called in sick. I guess we'll try tomorrow.

I'm going to price out 2 yearly accounts.....one is a new building, the other is changing cleaners.

I'll get energized at Pembertons WF.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom