Heat Exchanger ruptured... looking for another

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
I know this could be in the garage sale posting area.... However, there are people here that could shed some light on where to find one, or a substitue.

I have a Prochem Bruin II.

I bought the unit and in transport it froze. When we fired it up after changing some blown hi-pressure hoses we soon seen a steady gushing stream of water blowing out of the catalytic heat exhanger.

These things are terribly expensive. I bought the van as a repo (08 express 1 ton) and verified everything was okay where I bought it from. Again, the thing froze on an auto transporter.

I am trying really hard to get going this spring. This is a setback, and an expensive one. If anyone knows of any places that might have used units, units that got trashed/fire, or know of a company that can make one that would work with that unit... I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thanks!

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Those coils can be checked by unbolting the top. Then pull out the coils. If the break(s) are easy to get to any welder with a TIG can fix it. If they are'nt easy to get to...John's Hot Heat Exchangers is the MAN.

Dale

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
We spent 7 hours trying to remove it today. The coils expanded so much they actually warped the shell of the HX.

But thanks for the information... I will call there tomorrow.

Also... John Watson has a Bruin he is selling. I just cringe at the thought of the cost of shipping from WA to WI. :cry:

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
I spoke with the owner there today. What a nice man!

He said there's a 90% chance he can fix it. When I told him it froze he was even more confident. Told me 225-275 to fix it.

That's a lot better than 1400.00. Wish me luck :)

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I blew the top exchanger in my slide in 2010. I'm fortunate to have a propane pressure washer heater that is my main source of heat now. If I had to replace with a non OEM part I would go to Johns Hot Heat Exchangers. He built one for my home made truck mount and it was top notch.

erick herdt

Who's this "we" you are talking about? Were you helping me through the window on my house?? I don't mind helping a guy out, but YOU gotta learn this machine, pal. Letting me freeze to death while working on your unit while you stand inside complaing how cold you are is messed up at best.

But, I am used to this... YEs, everyone, "We" worked on his unit "together". hehe. :-)

BTW, Dork, you really gotta quit using the "C" word!!!!!!!!! WHat would your customers think if they saw that??

I have said my peace.

Fat Erick... OUT!

PS. Over one year without the internet, and still sane... for the most part.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Ross....I'm checking out my old PC performer today to see if I can pressure test the HX. It should be good, as it has never froze. Then I gotta figure out how to remove it.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
I had Johns Custom build me a exchanger - solid work, knows what he is doing and most importantly - he stands behind his service!!!!

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I second the opinion of the guy selling heat exchangers on ebay. It is all hype and the thing is a pos. Plus the guy is a huge pain to deal with. I really havn't heard one good thing about the guy ever.

Name
Lee Stockwell
idreadnought said:
I second the opinion of the guy selling heat exchangers on ebay. It is all hype and the thing is a pos. Plus the guy is a huge pain to deal with. I really havn't heard one good thing about the guy ever.
The Ebay guy with the rough track record has "Blue Baron"...not to be confused with John's Hot Heat Exchangers in this thread. Both in Florida I think.

B

Best Heater

Hi I am Pete Garland owner of Axis Point Heat Exchangers......and I am sincere I about putting out a High Quality High Performance Heat Exchanger.

My service is second to none this year I have sold more Heaters than ever.

I am sorry Chris Newman would not take me up on the offer to install his Heat Exchanger in Prochem for free. I refunded his money.

I can prove to anyone that this Prochem After market Heat Exchanger is still the best option. I have made many changes since 2008 and I have sold many since then with a HUGE Following of Happy Customers. Call John Spears on my Ebay I have more Customers you can talk to to prove what I am selling is the Best Heat Exchanger.

See my video on http://www.bluebaronmachines.com for proof of the amazing Heat!

READ MY TESTIMONIALs THEY ARE ALL REAL AND WITH PHONE NUMBERS.

I wish that some individuals will not name call me (who never dealt with me) and give me half a chance to prove to them I am a GREAT GUY and HONEST BUSINESS MAN!

Thanks for Reading this Sincerely Pete Garland

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
First, you need to isolate the heater exchanger (as in remove the dam thing completely) and pressure test it on the bench. Only then can you truly determine it's ruptured.

Second, all heat exchangers are "expensive". If you buy a "used" one you will buying someone else's aged, brittle, hot-n-cold soaked piece of heat exchanger waiting to spring a leak. You already bought a used piece of machinery, why would you repair it with such and aged (possible abused) component? Dude, that's not smart thinking for your business. Stop, sloooow down.

At this point consider not throwing good money on a risky purchase to begin with. John's Heat Ex's going to be $1500+ and you're going to struggle with his style of re-engineering what Prochem already engineered.

If you're stuck with the machine, bit the bullet. Purchase a Little Giant 3HT-4HT in the 900psi working range and be done with it. You'll have a steadfast heat source completely separate from your truck mount. Murphy will be off your back and you can concentrate on wringing out all the little possible squawks on the this machine (and there's gonna be some) as you put it into production.

PCCN

I didn't know there was anyone BUT John in Florida. This guy gives u the facts, an honest price, and sticks to it! The ONLY place to go. Even helps the guys out with 21 year old Butlers (not that I would "EVER" use such an old machine :)!

B

Best Heater

Sample Testimony from Customer

Re: ProChem Legend Heat Exchanger / Customer Testimony
I purchased a Blue Baron truck mount from Pete and have always found him to be Honest and customer service ready. I even heard that he will even take time out for others on a weekends and even people that do not even buy his products. He has stepped his work force now to a new level built a Huge Shop on his property and soon from what I heard will be moving into a larger facility. I know there are alot of customers that had absolutely No Problem adapting his Heaters to Prochem Performers,Legends etc. He told me he will even free install if there is problem with the Retro fitting. I notice his plates have been cut down to easy fit the machine and suggests using the Flex Pipe to replace the need for Flange to Flange.

To say the least his Heat Exchangers are awesome with instant heat and stable. I know cause my Blue Baron 45 gets up excellent heat all the time.

P.S. When he last talk to me I mentioned about Chris Normans Video on which he replied. Well if this can help me become better acquainted with the details of the install he is all for it.
Dan Williams

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom