Heat issue..

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have replaced my exhaust two times now in 2900 hours. Last time I had it ceramic coated and I wraped it and it didn't help at all. I have talked to prochem and they told me to put in another thermostat before the heli coil which I don't see helping but I did it, and the exhaust is still getting red hot. I decided to mount a fan to blow out the back door do you guys think this will fix the problem? The fan is bolted to the blower will it get to hot?

Thing blows pretty good I think it's 2.6 amps..
th_010-2.jpg

Able 1

Name
Keith
I replaced the header twice and the pipe going into the box once.. The header is only like $80, but to replace it all it's like $180..

I sure hope I don't have that problem. When it gets hot I plan on running a blower in my truck. Do you run with the side covers off? If so your machine will actually run hotter.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Yeah, I run with the side covers off, the twist lock things would never hold and would make noise all the time. And the frame that holds the covers on broke.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
When I've cleaned restaurants at night I've seen my exhaust muffler be red hot after the job. I've got a fan blowing across the engine and one exhausting heat from the box. Its going to get hot. If you can re-mount your sides the airflow will run across the unit keeping it cooler, like a wind tunnel.

The fan you have mounted, does it blow against the flow of air produced by the TM's engine fan? Is it electric? If its mounted to the unit it may take more hp to operate.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
What year is your peak? I have sold quite a few peaks and there are quite a few older ones that interlink has sold and none of them have had this issue (needing to replace the exhaust). Matter of fact the Peak has had no issues what so ever on any of the machines I have sold or serviced that interlink sold.

This is really strange. I would like to know more about it and who you talked to at Prochem. The exhaust will always get red hot but you say you replaced it twice. Why did you replace it? Did it it crack,leak or fall apart?

Able 1

Name
Keith

My Peak is a 2004, I talked to Chuck Coffee and the guy that was at MF from Prochem. When I talked to them it sounded like both of them have heard of this problem and said the thermostat should fix it.

I can only SEE that it gets red hot when I work at night. I replace them when they crack. I just talked to another guy with 1200 hours on his Peak and his cracked also.

I like this TM alot just wish I wouldn't have to replace the exhaust so often.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Thanks for sharing that. I'll talk to them both and check all my service bulletins to see if this was every sent out. I have only been a Prochem distributor since 2007 so it is seems your machine has issues the newer ones don't.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i had a machine that had a similar problem. the exhaust would break at the weld. after first repairing then replacing it and then breaking again i finally went to a performance muffler shop and they made me a new one. it never broke again. just a guess, i think it was stainless.

gene

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Ron, The Peak doesn't use a muffler. The engine exhaust goes straight to the heat exchangers and then to a silencer. I think it needs a well made SS manifold.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I would love to replace it with some thick galvinized pipe but with how it mounts it dosen't seem possible, I think stainless is my next option. Here's a pic. of one of my old ones:
003-5.jpg

002-10.jpg

My tm is so quiet when the exhaust is brand new but slowly it gets louder and louder it really pisses me off cause other then that it is really dependable..

lance

Go stainless with a ceramic coating on the inside and outside. John H. at hot heat exchangers in Florida can do anything custom. He also can make a great exhaust diverter if you want.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom