Heat loss

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Ok so I went to Johns open house thingy, and got to check my temp on the heater, with his lie detector

soooo I have a 250 high limit on the heater, and at 100' of hose running a 12 flow and 700 psi, wide open it hit 242 at the wand before i heard the heater kick off and then the temps went down....so i had like 8 degrees heat loss??? hummmm...now granted this was wide open, so it just kept flowing...but only 8 degrees was interesting...

also on a side note, did the purge with a garden hose "commercial" flow, not the goofy home flows...and it was about 50 degree water and it hit 170 and held it....so 120 degree rise of cold water and tons of flow...

Greenie

"also on a side note, did the purge with a garden hose "commercial" flow, not the goofy home flows...and it was about 50 degree water and it hit 170 and held it....so 120 degree rise of cold water and tons of flow..."

So....you sayin' you ran a 50+ psi gardenhose through it unrestricted, and it held that 170º?
Pretty impressive, shows what big btus can do.
What is your estimated city water flow rate?

As for your 100' heat test, I can believe it as you are running some pretty high flow jets, that 250º water will make it down 100' pretty damn quick.

250 isn't wicked insane hot, a lot of guys would see the advantages of high heat if they ever gave it a shot, one thing is for sure, once you use heat, it's sure hard to go back.

Name
Jesse
I've spent some time with our lie detector. There is a huge difference in testing numbers and actual numbers. When cleaning you will have to stop to kick hoses out of the way, move items, change rooms, and all the other little things that stop your cleaning. add to that a 50% duty cycle and I'll guarantee you will see about a 20-30 degree loss per 100 ft. It is not uncommon for our 275atm to turn into 165-215 after 300ft in a real world cleaning with 012 flow & 600psi without any extended interruptions. Sad but true, order some thermoplastic from Greenie

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Well i called a plumber buddy of mine and he said it was around 100 psi, every street and area is of course different...

and with the hoses sitting and what you said j2...I have the exchanger heating it up while not keying it...which of course would make my temps rise faster and hold a little easier, but would also allow for variations to

Name
Jesse
I understand the exchanger heat, we have the same. I was refering to after the water leaves the van. Mine never falls below 265 atm but after leaving the machine and flowing through neptune you will see the loss I described unless you are using a rx or rdm and holding the trigger constantly.

How quick does your flame thrower hit 250 once you key the wand. I kind of like the little giant because it will fire up and maintain the temp whether you key the wand or not. Although it would never maintain the temps I get without the inlet temp already being 190, yours obviously would.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
it takes a few and i need to have both heat stages on, but due to the drop after it hits 250, i dont like it to hit there...so i clean keyed across the room then i come back with the dry pass the other way

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom