Hello ... again!

Name
Rieta Ebberts
I followed this board A LOT several years ago. Back then, we were cleaning carpets full time and had done this line of work since the 1980s. We got a patent on a cleaning product that rocketed us into a full-blown lawsuit that lasted almost seven years and have been trying to recover from that experience ever since. Our son took over our cleaning business and we now manufacture our cleaner for him and other carpet cleaners. Yes, we are a self-carbonating cleaner (some of you may have tried our products), but we are not confined to the bonnet method with our product, even though the right bonnets and cleaner make it our personal favorite. We have a lot of experience in this industry and are always willing to offer cleaning suggestions to anyone with questions. I look forward to participating on this board again. Thanks for taking the time to read this post. :)

Name
Rieta Ebberts
Tell us your suggestions for bonnet cleaning. Do your products work with OP as well or just with a side winder.

Our very favorite is the buffer with 175 rpm and either 100% cotton or rayon/polyester blend mop yarn bonnets. Many will recognize this as the old style cleaning a certain company used to use with THEIR carbonated cleaner. The big difference between us and "them" is that they felt that carbonation made their cleaning agents more effective. Our self-carbonating cleaner IS the cleaning agent and if used correctly does most of the work for you. The concept that the cleaner does the work seems to be a hard one to grasp in this industry but makes a lot of sense, especially when you understand that in reality the cleaner dictates the cleaning method. We have used our cleaner successfully with extraction methods and have developed a concentrate that can be used in a variety of ways. Basically, anything that can get the cleaner (and dirt) out of the carpet works for us, whether it's absorption or extraction.

The problem we've encountered with OP is that the pads that are used are generally too thin to effectively absorb our cleaner effectively. You'd be doing twice the work for half the effect. This would be a good example of the cleaner dictating the cleaning method - with OP you'd really want a cleaner that was developed specifically for that method.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Explain how your product works with HWE please and what are the benifits?
thanks

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The problem we've encountered with OP is that the pads that are used are generally too thin to effectively absorb our cleaner effectively. You'd be doing twice the work for half the effect. This would be a good example of the cleaner dictating the cleaning method - with OP you'd really want a cleaner that was developed specifically for that method.
I think microfiber is pretty popular and they are pretty thick. I don't know if that would change your feelings.

Name
Rieta Ebberts
Explain how your product works with HWE please and what are the benifits?

One of the simplest ways to use our cleaner is to treat it like a pre-spray, then follow with a plain water extraction. Our cleaner doesn't really need to be rinsed from the carpet but the extraction will pull out the moisture and the dirt that are in solution.

Portables can be a little trickier because of heating the cleaner. Our cleaner is extremely versatile and cleans a wide range of stains, but the hotter it gets, the narrower the range, primarily because the carbonates tend to solidify as they get hot. 160 degrees is about is far as we think it should go. We could add a chelating agent but that would compromise the integrity of our "green-ness". Also, if you're running the cleaner through the unit, you're going to run the risk of using way too much cleaner, which can get expensive, considering the waste. So again, the pre-spray approach is probably going to the best.

The benefits of our cleaner? It's all natural, dries quickly when used properly, safe for people, pets, and the environment, and highly effective. It doesn't have to be rinsed and it cleans a wide variety of stains, lessening, or even eliminating the need for lots of "booster" type products. Our ingredients are all found on the FDA's GRAS (generally recognized as safe) list.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Am I the only one that thinks this isn't right?
Why would a porty be trickier and hotter than normal tm hwe?
Porty will be colder..generally speaking.

Reactions: hogjowl
Name
Rieta Ebberts
Am I the only one that thinks this isn't right?
Why would a porty be trickier and hotter than normal tm hwe?
Porty will be colder..generally speaking.

No, you're correct; I said it wrong. Anytime you heat our cleaner over 160 degrees you're going to have problems, so really, pre-spray would be the best in either system.

Reactions: hogjowl

FredC

Village Idiot
09477172619189fbe2b0a74b603e17b99a5b0024c33ccdc336f0b4da5130bb76.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom