Hello fellas, what truckmount do you....

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If I were to buy another TM I would go inexpensive and probably electric. :shock:

I don't need all the power and high performance. I would just need something to rinse the crap out of the carpet after I did the real work of getting it clean.

Spending $15,000 on something that sprayed and sucked "really well" just wasn't worth it.

If you get something on the smaller side, you can buy a used $500.00 scrubber to do all the work.

IF I were to buy another TM

brendan

Name
brendan
hi nagy,,,im in ireland ,,,hows things,,dont know much about the machines in the states like the el diablo and they sound great,,want one but i can only give you my input in what i know,,,in the stats they dont have as much wool as we use in carpets in our side so extra heat not as importent as wool will pull back,,ok,,,so i have a prochem blazer,,great step up to a porty,,,but you can get a avenger,,made by karcher who make the blazer its the same machine just with different badge for thousands less,,,check it out,,,

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Seeing that most all truck mounts are manufactured on this side of the pond I would look to see what's sold and supported right there in ole London town. Prochem is very popular and supported worldwide however Sapphire is the latest and greatest. I'm impressed with Sapphire. And you can't beat a Prochem Legend.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
best to buy something you can either service yourself (are you mechanically inclined or willing to learn) or that you can have serviced for you. That said, you need to look and see what's available there. Having a unit shipped from the US will be a substantial chunk of change.

Figure out who your target market is, who do you want to clean for in the next 10 yrs.
Can you service them with your existing equipment?
How much do you want to grow?
What's your budget?
Figure in not only the TM but the vehicle to mount it in, signage, all the extras ( fresh water tank, tools, etc).

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Sapphire truck mounts are available through Prochem of Europe ( not a Karcher company) www.prochem.co.uk
They have a demo unit in a van, supply full installation, service and parts. Additionally truck mounts in Europe require a CE certification which includes some additional safety features that are not on North American models.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
At the sake of offending any of the Butler clients, this guy is in the UK. Correct me if I am wrong, but Butler units only suits certain types of USA based vans, of which they don't have in the UK (or here in Australia for that matter).

That is why we (and him) will generally have to rely on a good slide in Truckmount. Another thing we have in common over here with cleaners in the UK, is that apart from the Spinters etc, the standard sized vans are much smaller than what you guys in the USA are used too. So a small but powerful slide in would no doubt be on the short list.

As Bill suggested, go an talk to the guys from Prochem of Europe, as they will have all the answers to what you are looking for, and have assisted many cleaners before and can highlight any potential issues you may have yet to consider.

Talking of small vans - and this is small even by our standards, we had a client the other week that asked for us to install a truckmount into his little suzuki vehicle.

SAM_0333.jpg

SAM_0327.jpg

SAM_0316.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jim Bethel said:
Another thing we have in common over here with cleaners in the UK, is that apart from the Spinters etc, the standard sized vans are much smaller than what you guys in the USA are used too.

you forgot to mention you both drive on the wrong side of the road
so the steering wheels are on the wrong side too.

oh yea, and you both talk funny as well....

I will say you Down Under folks don't come off as pompous as the Britts though
'coarse, there's more of you guys here and maybe I shouldn't judge the WHOLE of Brittan based on Tony Wheelwright ... :shock:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
thats a compact setup Jim, but where do the supplies go? ie the cleaning stuff, sliders, blocks, all the other tools that make cleaning a more enjoyable and profitable experience?
Someone may come to you with a van but don't you give him your expert advice that perhaps that vehicle isn't best suited for the job?

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
:lol: @ Meat

I completely agree Ron. We do that with every single client - evaluate their needs now and for the growth of their business. For this particular client, it was either this, or drop back to a porty. But with his research, he wanted to start his business on the best foot with a TM. I think everyone here has seen our 'normal' style installs and understand this is not our standard style, but when I client comes to us on a very limited budget, and says that he wants to use this rig as a stepping stone setup until he gets up and going - I understand.

Another 6 - 12 months down the track, we can pull the Rage TM out of here, and put it into a larger van that is more suited to our industry. This cleaner already had the vehicle, so didn't want to sell it and spend more money right now. He would rather use a TM than a Portable, and this was his only option. While it is not as big and spacious as other rigs, it still carries all of his chemicals, upholstery and carpet tools, and tile and grout tools - so even though small, it still has everything on board he needs to.....for now.

Becker

Name
Becker
Jim Bethel said:
At the sake of offending any of the Butler clients, this guy is in the UK. Correct me if I am wrong, but Butler units only suits certain types of USA based vans, of which they don't have in the UK (or here in Australia for that matter).

That is why we (and him) will generally have to rely on a good slide in Truckmount. Another thing we have in common over here with cleaners in the UK, is that apart from the Spinters etc, the standard sized vans are much smaller than what you guys in the USA are used too. So a small but powerful slide in would no doubt be on the short list.

As Bill suggested, go an talk to the guys from Prochem of Europe, as they will have all the answers to what you are looking for, and have assisted many cleaners before and can highlight any potential issues you may have yet to consider.

Talking of small vans - and this is small even by our standards, we had a client the other week that asked for us to install a truckmount into his little suzuki vehicle.

SAM_0333.jpg

SAM_0327.jpg

SAM_0316.jpg

Always impressed Jim!

Looks like the passenger seat needs to go.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom