Help bidding a gym

Name
Swani
The area is around 4500 sq' they want it just cleaned. Not stripped. I've got my 175 and Lindhaus. I'm thinking Hydroforce Woodfresh Neutral Cleaner, but am open to suggestions. Also any input on price per sq.ft would be great. Also this is not used for sporting events anymore. More of a community center. I think they are actually going to lay carpet over it in the future.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Woodfresh Neutral Cleaner,

this stuff??

Hydro-Force Wood Fresh Hardwood Cleaner

Wood Fresh Hardwood Cleaner is designed to be used as a neutralizing rinse in an extraction machine designed for wood following the use of the Heavy Duty Hardwood Cleaner in the extraction cleaning system. This cleaner is also used in our abrasion cleaning system with the rotary floor machine and maroon pad to remove the surface soil and the embedded dirt. It will also remove scuff marks and other imperfections. Mix one part Wood Cleaner with 4 parts water in a spray bottle and apply to the floor before scrubbing. It also removes residue during the rinsing phases. It is the ideal cleaner to prepare the floor for the application of the Hardwood Preservation Finish CW032GL Gloss or CW033GL Satin. Wood Fresh Hardwood Cleaner is also the ideal cleaner for daily maintenance of the floor. It can be used by the home owner to clean wood floors as often as needed.

..............................................................................................................................................

never used it, but reasonably sure it's fine.
rotoscrub will do the heavy lifting anyway

Presuming it's hard maple like most all gym floors
The things I'd want/need to know before I could price this job;

what's the condition of the floor?
75 year old floor that hasn't been pro re-finished in that last generation?

Is the finish still sound or worn off in areas large and small?

what's the original finish on the floor now?
Urethane or Ole Skool paste wax :eekk:

what have they been cleaning it with?
and have they used any topical coatings after cleaning?
(to wax dirt under the finish)

If floor isn't in good shape (meaning urethane is worn off in areas large or small)
what are their expectations?

Cleaning a worn out floor doesn't make it look better...only cleaner and better able to see worn off finish

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Living The Dream
Name
Swani
this stuff??

Hydro-Force Wood Fresh Hardwood Cleaner

Wood Fresh Hardwood Cleaner is designed to be used as a neutralizing rinse in an extraction machine designed for wood following the use of the Heavy Duty Hardwood Cleaner in the extraction cleaning system. This cleaner is also used in our abrasion cleaning system with the rotary floor machine and maroon pad to remove the surface soil and the embedded dirt. It will also remove scuff marks and other imperfections. Mix one part Wood Cleaner with 4 parts water in a spray bottle and apply to the floor before scrubbing. It also removes residue during the rinsing phases. It is the ideal cleaner to prepare the floor for the application of the Hardwood Preservation Finish CW032GL Gloss or CW033GL Satin. Wood Fresh Hardwood Cleaner is also the ideal cleaner for daily maintenance of the floor. It can be used by the home owner to clean wood floors as often as needed.

..............................................................................................................................................

never used it, but reasonably sure it's fine.
rotoscrub will do the heavy lifting anyway

Presuming it's hard maple like most all gym floors
The things I'd want/need to know before I could price this job;

what's the condition of the floor?
75 year old floor that hasn't been pro re-finished in that last generation?

Is the finish still sound or worn off in areas large and small?

what's the original finish on the floor now?
Urethane or Ole Skool paste wax :eekk:

what have they been cleaning it with?
and have they used any topical coatings after cleaning?
(to wax dirt under the finish)

If floor isn't in good shape (meaning urethane is worn off in areas large or small)
what are their expectations?

Cleaning a worn out floor doesn't make it look better...only cleaner and better able to see worn off finish

..L.T.A.
Hopefully I can go look at it in person next week and will follow up with these questions. Thanks!

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom