HELP Boxxer 421 pump wont build pressure

Bucey

Name
FFA?
When I turn on the pump clutch the pressure does not come up! Have water, addjust ment is fine, don't know what to do iyts like it is not primed call me if u can help 910 549 5956. Interlink in greensboro was no help with trouble shotin just want to schedule for friday. Crap!!!

Name
Lee Stockwell
Are you sure the pump is engaging?

Is ANY water moving thru the pump? Check with open qc on front panel.

more...

Called, glad to help.

Glynn

The spring in the BACK of your pressure regulator is broke, remove the pipe behind it, remove the fitting and recover the broken spring and ball. Replace the spring.

Name
Lee Stockwell
There's a short process of elimination to get to that point.

Confirm water into the pump
Confirm the pump is turning, locking clutch if needed

If so:
Block bypass hose from pressure adjustment to observe regulator function.

Last time my pump acted up it was the screen in the bottom of the mix tank that feeds the pump. it was completely clogged with nasty green slime. Worth checkin out.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Glynn said:
The spring in the BACK of your pressure regulator is broke, remove the pipe behind it, remove the fitting and recover the broken spring and ball. Replace the spring.

checked every thing to this point. pump works getting 3.5 gpm, checked all valves on pump except the one connectted to the chemical thing. no water dumping in the recovery tank. going to give interlink some of my profit margin in the morning. Hope it is the regulator!!!! Mr. Ichero will be berry disiapointed Ivebeensold Thanks for all the calls with help. Thats why this place is awsome!!!!! figured while i was at interlink someone could give me a seminar on a 175 :mrgreen: using my time wisely

Bucey

Name
FFA?
So I get to interlink in greensboro NC at 7:30 this morning. Hopeing they would go head and take care of me. Wrong :evil: They say we dont have you down till 1:00. So I sit down and pic up the cleanfax mag and start to read. I read about two articles and get to the one that says Maintenance for Owner Operators or something like that. I read two sentenses and say what the heck am I waiting on these smuks to help me out, Im going to do it my self sence the have the parts I just do the repair. Or try anyway. 45 min and a call to the interlink in Charollete nc to Jon the service tech there, and I had it taken apart. sure enough the spring inside the pressure adjustment valve was rusted to about an eigth of and inch. Walk in and say give the repair kit I'll fix it. took out the spring, bata bing bata boom. crank that baby up, hit the pump clutch switch. Bam pressure builds and Im in buisness. Thanks Harper, Lee, Bob, and all the others who called and helped me out I really appricaite it really. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Oh yeah, I even had time to test out the 175 too, not to bad. Im sure its going to have more grab on carpet. but it sure will me it a bit easer shiteatinggrin

Name
Lee Stockwell
Experiences like yours in years past made a TM mechanic out of me. I knew a friend who drove from Minnesota to Indianapolis in the winter to replace a spring like yours.

It always happens on a day you'd rather be working.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
That is great ...Ryan.. :D

Now is a good time to get out your machine OWNERS MANUAL.... :!:

Read the "Trouble-Shooting"..section..OVER & OVER again... :idea:

Then SEARCH the diagram's ..to familiarize yourself with what the part's look like
and where they are located... :!: Then in the FUTURE...you will understand their FUNCTION.!

None of US...were BORN mechanics... :wink:

It is the BEST INVESTMENT...you can make in your BUSINESS... :idea:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom